Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Garlen Durakkis

re: A Job That Pays Well

Chapter 8: Rising Power
0 ATC

It had been weeks since the deal with the Exchange and recruits were piling in. Things were starting to run smoothly. He had taken control over a few small places like the pazaak den they went into. They had sent in their own players, who would when and bring back their gambled credits. And any tournaments or events were now rigged giving them more money. People were starting to recognize them, even the Trandos respected them enough to join.

Aaron stared out his new office window. This was the life. He couldn't even recall the small insignificant life he had lived before he joined the Ironfist, before any of this. He was at peace only for a few moments until Drayson came in. "Aaron, I have some news." He said.

"What?" Aaron asked sharply.

"There have been sightings of a Jedi here on Nar Shaddaa. They say nobody's getting along with him too well. He'll pay an awful good bounty." Drayson said.

"So where was he last sighted?" Aaron asked.

"Actually down by the apartments where we first stayed at when we arrived here." Zekk replied.

"Hmmm, send the trandos after him, and I'll accompany them. I have a feeling this is more than just a Jedi." Aaron said gripping his blaster.
-----------

They arrived at the scene to see the place more trashed down than before. They explored each room in the complex looking for the Jedi. Maybe someone had already gotten him? But that's when one of the trandoshans yelled. Everyone ran into the room to see a man meditating. Definitely a Jedi. The Jedi looked vaguely familiar though. They all surrounded him and pointed there blasters. "Can't take me," he said with a smile as he ignited his lightsaber. He sliced through one of the trandos like a thin piece of wood. He chopped down most of the others until it was mainly him and Aaron. Aaron fought hard and dodged as many attacks as he could util he gave the Jedi an almost fatal shot to the heart. He leaned over the Jedi and then it all came to him. "You're the Jedi who arrested us a couple years back." Aaron yelled disgusted and suprised.

"Well I'm a Jedi no longer. We showed so much weakness during the sacking we gave up, we ran away. I stayed and fought, that's when one of the Sith introduced me to the dark side. It's really not so bad after all, and I would have no problem with cutting you in half right now." Wyle said.

"I did notice you were looking a little uglier but you turning to some "dark side is beside the point" you are the reason I'm here now, the ultimate reason why Mr. Ironfist is dead and you... you were the one who sanctioned Cale's death!" Aaron yelled.

"What you gonna do shoot me, go ahead like I could care." Wyle said.

"Well okay then." Aaron said. He first beat the "jedi's" skull about halfway in and then shot him. He fired about three times out of pure rage.

He got up and heaved up the body and loaded it into the speeder. Aaron made sure to pick up the lightsaber that the Jedi had dropped in the corner of room. He then drove back to the hideout. He threw the body down as he walked in. Drayson was looking right at him. "This is the one! The Jedi who had let the crackdown on Centaurus mansion, taking all of us with them." Most of the men didn't know what they were talking about but the advisors and Drayson did.

"Someone go take this body to whatever Hutt wants him!" Aaron yelled with anger.

About five men right away rushed to grab the body and take off. Aaron stormed off to his office. He sat down his chair and tears of anger and grief flooded from his eyes. A grown man and leader of a gang crying. Not a sight to see. Killing that Jedi only reminded Aaron of Cale. He had to get all this off his mind, so he went over to his bed and laid down. Aaron felt like a small child, crying like he was. So like a small child, he stared face up at the ceiling and slowly cried himself to sleep.
--------------
Sleep wasn't any better it only brought nightmares. Aaron sat in his prison cell, the guards came up to him and informed him it was time to eat. He walked into the cafeteria to have glop poured on his tray and sat down and started eating glop of meat and other assorted things. Aaron stared over to see possibly a live show as he ate. In a high elevated stand and locked cage to where the prisoners couldn't get to them stood a guard standing beside a prisoner, Cale! He saw the Jedi standing up there as well discussing with the guard something. After getting the cafeteria to quiet down the Jedi stood out and announced of Cale's death. "This prisoner, Cale Tilman, is guilty of crime on multiple levels, and for the most part an attempt to escape!" the Jedi yelled.

"And for that he, is sentenced death." he finished.

"You can't do that!" Aaron yelled.

"Oh can't I?" the Jedi mocked. He whispered one last thing to the guard and exited the cage and out of the room.

The guard pulled out a double-bladed vibroblade and held it to Cale. Then he stabbed straight through his stomach. Cale screamed in agony. The guard then slashed at both Cale's arm, almost looking like they were cut off. He then swiped for the knees and Cale stumbled down. The guard stared in, in what looked like a sense of joy as he watched Cale writhe in pain. The guard then went for the final blow and struck Cale's head. Aaron yelled out for his friend. Why did he watch? He just watch his friend get executed right in front of his eyes. In fact he could feel Cale's blood on him. He felt like puking and so he did and which happened to land right on another prisoner. The angry brute swung his fist at Aaron and Aaron was knocked unconscious.
-------------
Aaron awoke sweating. That was about the fifth time he had that nightmare. That same scene just kept playing back in his head. He for sure wasn't going back to sleep. He had to get his mind off of all of it. He needed to get out of the office a little more, back into the action. He picked up his pistol and walked out of his office.

Last edited by Garlen Durakkis on November 26, 2011 11:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: