Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durstalph

re: Congratulations to our newest Peacekeeper, Durstalph!

The application submitted by Durstalph is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this thread before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
USA

What time zone are you in?:
GMT-5:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
University

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
Being useful gives a sense of self worth, so often I enjoy playing what is the most needed in a group, usually a tank or healer.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
Patience, adaptability, and the ability to learn new things quickly.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I like mostly PvE stuff, leveling or raiding with a small group, large raids I find hectic and less fun, though I'm not against doing them. PvP is fun at times though not my fist choice. I will usually do whatever the group I'm with feels like doing. I also like to chill and craft and listen to the guild chat at times.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWTOR forums

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
I try to help newbies when I can, we're all newbies at one time or another. Stress isn't usually a problem for me, nothing an /ignore or walking away from the computer to fix a snack won't fix.

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
no, but things do slip out once in a rare while.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
Maturity, Respectfulness, Mutual Understanding.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
Not largely roleplay centered as most of the early guilds seem to be. I like that the guild is casual but mature.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I'm willing to put in the effort to be whatever the guild needs me to be, a crafter, a tank, a healer, whatever is needed.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
/ignore

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
Ask them politely to settle down, if they persist prompt the group to mute them.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
Durstalph

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No

Which of the following interests you most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Crafting

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Smuggler

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
Not exactly certain yet as to what I will be playing, as I plan on making one of all the republic classes, but my main will be either a Jedi healer or a Smuggler combat medic.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed on a maximum 5 hour interval.
-ll Λres ll-

Great app bro...loved the /ignore thing...lol hope all goes smoothly and hoping they put you on a trial...be nice to get to know you and Good Luck!

-Ares

a SMUGGLER app!!!!!!! tats rare.

Kbrury

I thought your app was pretty decent while lacking details on a couple questions your answers were still good. So I say accept and good luck on your trial.

Durstalph

Thanks for the approval Kbrury! If you want more details on something just ask, otherwise I tend to make things rather brief.
~Kith

re: {Trial} Durstalph - Phase 1 ends 10/2/10

Trial Phase 1: complete
Trial Phase 2: In Progress
Voting Phase:

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 9/26/2010 and ending 10/2/2010, to complete six tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the final seventh task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

1. You must make 20 posts in our forums. Done

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done

3. You must PM one of our Arbiters or Envoys (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

4. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

5. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, or a Trial Director via a PM. The interview must be conducted in either Ventrilo or the chatbox before your trial period is up. Done

6. Declare your class in either the Republic Garrison or the Jedi Enclave and your advanced class in the Role Sign Ups. Done

7. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not). done

Last edited by ~Kith on October 2, 2010 3:09 am; edited 5 times in total
~Kith

hmm the links aren't working just copy and paste into browser for now....
Kbrury

~Kith wrote:
hmm the links aren't working just copy and paste into browser for now....

Did you copy the code or just the text?

Anyways Ventrilo created by Popy and the Interview has been scheduled.

~Kith

I dunno I just work here....It's always worked before :p I just copy and pasted it when I made the template :p
Kbrury

Durstalph has been pretty active in all phases of the guild so he's got a yes from me.

~Kith

sounds like a good kid so I vote yes :p
Kbrury

Well I can't think of any reason why Durstalph shouldn't be made a member, so Congrats!

Lord Marvel

Well deserved:) I dunno how I did missed this, it`s too late, but still yes from me :D
Durstalph

Thanks guys! I look forward to playing with you all.
Hart of Hircine

Welcome to the guild mate! I hope you have fun with all of us. Btw get to know every member and remember certain things about them and you'll make good friends just don't try to be a stalker cause I know you have The Laughing Man logo as your avatar!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum