Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AstralProjection

re: Backstory for Tarith

This is just a summation of Tarith's Backstory, the "plot", if you will. I just noticed you have a contest of sorts, maybe I'll write something more narrative up for the one in the fall. For now, I figured I'd just post where my character came from, and why he ended up on Tython : )

Tarith Astran was born in the Miraluka colony on Katarr. A few weeks before the destruction of the colony, his parents took to space on a premonition that impending doom was growing closer with each passing day. In their dreams, a more mature version of what appeared to be their son was warning them that something evil was coming for their home. Tarith's parents feared ignoring such a warning, whether it was true or not, so they returned to the Miraluka homeworld of Alpheridies, only to hear of the destruction of Katarr not long after their arrival.

The premonitions had turned out to be true, and Tarith's parents were convinced that it was their son's mind reaching out to them through the force that warned them of their colony's destruction, and that he may be gifted in the use of the force beyond what the typical Miraluka is, blessed with more than just one form of sight through the force. His parents were bitter at the loss of the colony they had tried to make their home, and at the deaths of so many of their comrades. They wished Tarith to join the Jedi order, so that he might take revenge upon the Sith for the loss of their home. Not the noblest of purposes, especially for a Jedi, but his parents were not of the order.

After Coruscant was sacked, Jedi Trainers arrived on Alpheridies in search of young Miraluka who could someday join the ranks of Jedi. Tarith’s parents jumped at the chance to see their son become a great Jedi, and perhaps give them some sense of vindication someday for leaving their colony behind to be destroyed. When he was tested, the order gladly welcomed the boy with open arms, for not only did the force flow powerfully through him, but he was calm and serene far beyond his years, and possessed no trace of the desire for revenge that burned inside his parents. Tarith was taken away to begin his training at the new Jedi Temple at Tython.

Tarith’s father had taught him the basics of swordplay and combat on his new homeworld of Alpheridies as a distraction, and to prepare him for what he thought would be a future fraught with conflict. While this rudimentary training was no comparison to the advanced combat forms of the Jedi, it still became the basis for some of Tarith’s happiest childhood memories, and would steer him on to the path of the Jedi duelist. Tarith would seek to become the greatest master of the lightsaber that the galaxy had ever seen, and do it to perfect his own mind and body, not for the recognition that could come. Tarith would become a great warrior someday, of that much it seemed sure, and only time can tell if the future will bring the revenge his parents prayed for, or augment the purity and skill that the Jedi saw within him, and one day see Tarith Astran become a Jedi Master.

Awarded:

re: Backstory for Tarith

I like it Happy

Jump to: