Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palindora
Aestel Cooper
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

re: Lament for Kato

Lament for Kato

Chapter 1

Sitting alone atop a cliff edge, staring out across a sea of picea trees was a young lady. Her long blonde hair was fluttering in the gentle breeze and her normally sparkling hazel eyes were filled with tears. They trickling down her cheeks and she spluttered slightly as the salty taste brushed her lips.

The reason for her tears lay a short distance away. Strewn over a small pyre on top the remnants of a broken pillar was the lifeless body of her pet tiger, Kato. His fur glittered in the early morning sun but his eyes no longer shone their once electric blue and his muscles were no longer taught as if ready to pounce at any of her unfitting suitors. He'd taken her secrets to the grave, the fact that he couldn't speak was totally beside the point. He was her confidant, always there by her side through thick and thicker.

“Why didn't I...?”, she muttered to herself.
Her gut wrenched at the mere thought of it.
“It was all my fault!”, was her one constant thought.

Aestel looked round about her, the two of them often came up here. The tips of the picea trees rose slightly above the hight of the cliff and it left Aestel reminiscent of staring out across the marshlands of their home world of Ralltiir. As she sat there grieving her thoughts drifted back to the first time they had met. It was down to this chance meeting well over a decade ago that had lead Aestel to leave her home world and eventually to end up here on Tython.

Aestel had risen early that day, she had a bad week at school and her mind was restless. She had gotten into serious trouble after punching one of the older boys through a classroom window. The injustice of it all, the boy had obviously deserved it. He and several of his friends had taken up the game of running around with sticks and beating the other children. Aestel had tried to prevent them hitting a fellow class mate of hers and so they had turned on her instead.

None of the teachers would believe her adamant claims though. She didn't seem to have a scratch on her and her remonstration that they weren't even near the window at the time seemed to confirm their suspicions. She had gained something of a reputation for her fanciful embellishments, whenever she was in trouble.

Of cause the boy's vigorous pursuit was a result of rumors amongst the children, rumors of a Jedi coming to town. It was suppose to have something to do with the recent banking crisis. Though Aestel couldn't see how a lightsaber would be much use in that sort of thing. She at least knew about the situation more than most of her class mate. Her mother who was head of one of Ralltiirs biggest financial institutes, not that Aestel was that concerned with it, she was after all only 6.

Still it was now the weekend and she was looking forward to spending the day out on the marshes picking flowers with her parents. She could hear her mother Lily bustling around down stairs and so stretching out a yawn and head down to see what she was up to.

Lily's hair matched her own in color but she preferred to keep it much shorter and her eyes were a soft blue. She was dressed in a dark blue suit with a white shirt and a red lace scarf. Aestels face dropped at the site, of cause how could she have forgotten? Her mother was set to attend crisis talks with the government in the hopes of coming to some form of agreement.

She must have guest something of what Aestel was thinking as she gave her a big hug and said gently,
“I'm sorry honey, I wish I didn't have to go in today, I'm sure daddy will still take you.”

She broke away giving Aestel a brief peck on the forehead as the family holo emitter began to bleep. Giving her jacket a quick brush down and ruffling up her scarf, she walked into the living room to answer the call. Aestel followed close at her heels.

A rather rotund gentleman was projected into the center of the living room he had a broad mustache and mossy brown hair.
“Good morning Lily, sorry to trouble you at home”
“Morning Bill”, replied Lily “I was just about to head in”.
“Oh good!” exclaimed Bill, “Devan wants a quick get together before we start. Apparently Senator Charmers is a little unsure with having the Jedi ambassador involved”.
“But it was his idea?”, exclaimed Lily
“That was before he'd meet the ambassador” Bill responded curly
At Lily's questioning look he added,
“Lets just say that he didn't like his color”
Lily looked even more confused at this, “But the senators wife is colored”
“Yes, but shes not green”, responded Bill grinning.
“Well we'll talk when I get there” said Lily rolling her eyes.

She knew the senator had been rather anti-alien, after he'd had some unfortunately miss givings with a Hutt. Of cause his anti-off world policies were starting to get a lot more support now. What with many of the banks being so badly hit when many of their off-world assets were destroyed or commandeered during recent sith attacks. Ralltiir had thankfully escaped any direct involvement so far. Still Aestel had already started to develop a twing of dislike for whenever they were mentioned.

“Well I'd better get going hun”, Lily said to Aestel.
Giving her a kiss goodbye, she picked up her briefcase and headed out the door. Aestel wondered over and slumped herself on the coach. Picked up a datapad she began to read while she waited for her father to wake up.

She didn't have long to wait, soon a familiar head of thick brown hair and hazel eyes which shone like her own. Marcus her father.
“Morning honey, has your mother left already?”, he called to her
“Yes” responded Aestel, sounding rather disheartening.
He smiled at her sympathetically, “I'll make us some Franjo pancakes”
She listened to him for a while bustling about the kitchen and soon he returned with two plates filled with pancakes and drizzled in syrup. They sat for a while in silence, savoring every mouthful. After Aestel had finished licking her plate clear of every last droplet of syrup. She turned to her father
“We are still going?” she said while giving him her very best puppy eyes.
“Of cause, we can't go break Lowe family tradition” he said sternly though with rather to much of a creeping grin.

He insisted on them washing up the plates before they left. Though as both had been licked clean, Aestel couldn't really see the point. It didn't take them long though and they were soon setting off out the door.

A low mist hung in the air as if the day wished to keep hidden what it had in store. Still nothing else seemed to have gone right so far this week what was one more thing. Aestel took her father by the hand and they headed off together up the garden path and onwards.

Last edited by Aestel Cooper on May 31, 2010 5:46 pm; edited 9 times in total

Like it so far just one thing in beggining it should be sitting alone sry not trying to be rude cause i did like it but just very noticeable. Gj still cant wat for rest.

~Kith

Fabulous Happy
Palindora
Aestel Cooper
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Omegareaven wrote:
Like it so far just one thing in beggining it should be sitting alone sry not trying to be rude cause i did like it but just very noticeable. Gj still cant wat for rest.

Fixed it for you. Helpful comments are always welcome. I'm going to try and get some more done today. Thankfully not having to work today so got a little more time to progress it.

I like receiving helpful comments but hate giving them cause I am by no means a professional writer and I don't wish to make myself look like an ass :P That being said I think its a good read so far Happy
Lord Marvel

Good beginning Happy I hope you will write more of your story Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: