Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Aveyn Tamai

re: "Predoria" group I Aevyn, Kryad, Frisco, Varan

"Well that young officer...Lan or Lyn I think," she kept her disappointment to herself about forgetting his name, "said he would start setting up some sort of a shelter. We'll have to forage around the area for food, though it might be difficult to find something safely edible...I'd rather not break into the emergency kit rations right away. Never know how long we'll be here," she answered as the three of them made their way back to the others.

"As for finding anymore survivors, we'll have to figure out how to best do that tonight. I have some ideas, but they can wait until we have somewhere dry to sleep, and food."
Friscoo

"Sounds like a plan to me." he nodded and set Kryad down in the shade. After saying a prayer for him Quan got up and looked out to the ocean.

The shimmering water crept its way up the soft sand. His eyes were fixated on this sight. After awhile of being mezmerized by the waves Quan felt sorrow pull its way up from the pit of his stomach into his heart.

"I miss her." He said outloud. The strong emotions that he had kept in the dark abyss of his mind found a way out. Tears began forming on his eyes. His legs shook, his hands trembled. With out any energy left Quan fell to his knees looking outward into the sea. He closed his eyes and wished that he had one more opretunity to help her, to save her.

"Sir, we could use your help."

These stone cold words broke into his blissful dream like a cannonball into a concrete wall.

"Excuse me?" Quan responded with his eyes still closed.
"We.. could use your help moving these logs so we can begin making shelter. If I interrupted anything-" The man begun.

Quan took a deep inhale and sighed. "Not a problem. I would be honored to help, and please call me Quan. Sir is to formal for me." He got up and put his hand on the captains shoulder. A friendly smile made his feel more at ease.

Kryad opened his eyes, without being wake. The eyes didn't move. Suddenly the eyes closed and he woke up.

"Thanks people for helping me." Kryad said with a low voice, and same time looking for his leg was still on. He looked around and asked nicely "Is there any water here? And what is happening now?"

Aveyn Tamai

Aveyn busied herself by cleaning Kryad's wound better, emptying the emergency kit and using the empty case as a basin to keep the lightly bloodied water from going onto the sand, then depositing it back into the ocean, and washed the case out.

She took the soldier, a gruff but kind fellow named Mardis and the two collected sun dried driftwood and rotted out plant material to add to the small fire they now had going. Along the way they found some useful things, some rocks Aveyn surmised she could use as a mortar and pestle, some shells they could use as rudimentary plates or bowls.

Finally, the best discovery of all came as they walked back towards the camp along the side of the forest. In the glare of the setting sun a movement caught the eye of the weathered soldier, the Jedi's attention focused more on the ground at the moment. "Aveyn, there's a bird or something in that tree eating it's fruit!" he pointed, speaking in hushed tones so as to not startle it.

In wonder, both watched the bird for a time, noting it's strange head position. It was quite beautiful actually, even if it was a messy eater. "Do you think they're edible?" Mardis asked.

"Well let's grab a few, and Quan and I can give them a try. If they're toxic it will be quicker for us to notice, and easier to purge from our systems. But this bodes well," she smiled.

The two gathered some of the green and purple fleshed fruit and returned to the others.
Friscoo

"These seems more like a tropical resort then a mission." Quan laughed as he took a bite from the foreign fruit. His tastebuds exploded with flavor as the soft and juicy fruit filled his mouth with extrodinary flavor. He smiled and nodded quickly to Aveyn.

"This.. Is great!" he shouted

Aveyn passed Kryad one of the emergency water canteens that had been with the rations, the water inside already purified.

"Feeling ok? We're just settling down for...dinner I suppose," she closed her eyes as she tasted a small piece of the fruit, searching for the warning signs in her body that it might be toxic as it digested. When nothing adverse happened after awhile, she nodded to the others. "May as well dig in."
Friscoo

"Well since we have a source of nutrition, whats next on the agenda?" Quan asked aloud.

"Well I was thinking after a good nights rest we could pull up camp and set out along the coast and see if we find any signs of other survivors. Sticking to the coast would be safer than cutting inland, I'd rather we not all get lost in a thicket of predators," Aveyn got up and dug out a little pit for everyone to put their fruit rinds into. She sighed and shielded her grey eyes as she looked up across the tops of the trees, the sun setting off to the west.

"We should take note of food sources as we go, I'd rather not dig into the rations unless absolutely necessary."

She walked over to the hastily built shelter and gave it a small shake, impressed by it's sturdiness. "You guys did a really good job with this," she commented to the officer and soldier with them, Lyn and Mardis.

"Thank you ma'am," Lyn answered somewhat shyly as he picked over his fruit. "Even though he couldn't help with the physical work Canren helped come up with the design," he shot a smile at the technician who was attempting to eat with his left hand. The other man merely shrugged, "Being an architect was my second choice of career."

A rare faint smile crossed Aveyn's lips, though it quickly vanished when she looked at Canren's wrist in it's splint. Bone breaks always took the longest to heal, even with the force. It would still be days yet before he had full use of the hand.
Aveyn Tamai

The group travelled north across the edge of the water for a few days, Kryad being aided at first, but as time slipped by and Aveyn was able to spend more time healing his injury.

On the second day they had a brief encounter with some of the native wildlife, but luckily between Aveyn and Quan they were able to calm the creatures and turn them away. After that they worked to keep a heavy shroud over the group, constantly focusing through the Force with a suggestion to the animals that lurked the shores, 'nothing interesting here, nothing worth investigating'.

Canren's wrist was mostly healed by the fourth day, and Kryad was able to walk on his own, though with crudely made crutch. Every morning the two Jedi would sit on the beach and meditate, pushing their awareness as far as they could, searching for familiar presences.

So far they had found nothing...but that would come to change.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: