View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Satiata
Member - 5 Years

re: Post your Man/Lady Cave!

so, this is not actually part of the cave (except you can see my old keyboard and my screen, I guess? lol) but I hope you're still proud of me for this little costumisation. lol

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Mazikeena
Member - 3 Years

Ooo!!  Neat!

Ok, this is my office where I spend most of my days working (excuse the mess! you are seeing it raw and uncut!)

But here is where Tasty and I usually play swtor (and you can see our cat too!)

Those chairs can't be comfortable for long. I couldn't sit in one for a short period of time. I had to get a good office chair with plenty of cushion when my last one broke (see member section of gallery). And that is a sweet customization Sati.

I also had a big computer breakdown that has left some hardware dead or partly disabled. My 550W power supply was overloaded when I added those fans (possibly due to a bad modular port that I didn't know was bad). But I didn't know that. I thought maybe I connected something wrong. After five times turning it on and it turning itself off in less than a second, I stopped. I put my 630W from my other computer in my main, and found out that my Video Card is completely dead (not even the fans will come on), as is the LAN port on my Motherboard. Fortunately my second computer has the EXACT same card and I can use the universal wireless card on my dad's computer until I replace/upgrade my Motherboard. That stuff could have gone the first time it shut off.

I put the 550 in my second computer and tried turning it on. Nothing would run but LEDs. I unplugged that modular port, and things would mostly run, but it didn't start up. No video card, so that was expected. But then I couldn't get it to turn off. I received an old video card from a friend, popped that in, and things would start up, but I was getting no video, and the computer would shut off. After I checked some things to make sure everything was hooked up right, I stopped and pulled the 550W out. I then received a loaner PSU from the same friend and found out that that loaner card is mostly dead and the LAN port has been rendered half dead.

Fortunately that MB is an Intel that had a wireless card included with it specially made for that board, so I can use that. But I think that the repeated turning on and off kinda broke windows. So I'll have to re-install Windows on that computer to hopefully fix it. I know that the card is fine because Linux can use it perfectly. If that doesn't work, I'll try doing a virtual PC in Linux and use the internet and play TOR on it that way.

So I have to buy a new PSU which will run me $37. The MB I'm going to get is ~$89-$99. And the new video card that I'm going to get to replace/upgrade my old (not even 6 months old) card is going to run me $333. All of that will come after my subscription for TOR.

Hooray. /sarcasm

Anywho, here's some more images of my command center:

The reason for the towel and clothes bag is because the blinds are old and falling apart. Also that window faces west, so when the sun goes down, it shines through the holes where the string goes which in turn reflects off my desk and into my eyes. So the bag was originally to block that, but now it also blocks the sun where there are broken blinds. I also don't like sunlight coming in when I'm watching a movie. Which is why the towel is hanging there.

And in case you didn't know, I love Star Wars:

Since Raptr was installed.
Satiata
Member - 5 Years

man blast that looks badass. so badass I know I could never play in a room like that because it would distract me the entire time. (mind you, I already alt-tab all the time, and randomly glance around in my room to stare at random crap. there's a reason why my TV is on the opposite side of my room from my PC. lol)

also, i gather you like star wars? :P

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Mazikeena
Member - 3 Years

Everyone, I really like this sharing of nerdiness! Btw, those monitors are awesome! Someday, I plan to have the same, and now I totally don't have to feel guilty about having 2 tvs right next to each other in the living room. And yes, our chairs are super uncomfortable but we are too lazy to buy new ones.

We unfortunately don't have a lot of star wars collectibles (Tasty had a bunch which were sold at a yard sale once he moved out of his parent's house), but we have sprinkled star wars love throughout our apartment.

Original star wars VHS tapes actually bought in the 80s when the movies came out! We're so old!

Pez!

Keeping it classy -- storm trooper style:

And here is Tasty and I lounging about in our new Wookie pelt!

win! so much win

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Waars
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

i have those vhs tapes too.  btw tasty looks like someone i know up here..  i was confused.

Veteran

Awarded:

You get those robes off of think geek?

Edit: I looked and yes they have them there.

Last edited by jpotter56 on August 1, 2014 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Mazikeena wrote:

Everyone, I really like this sharing of nerdiness! Btw, those monitors are awesome! Someday, I plan to have the same, and now I totally don't have to feel guilty about having 2 tvs right next to each other in the living room. And yes, our chairs are super uncomfortable but we are too lazy to buy new ones.

We unfortunately don't have a lot of star wars collectibles (Tasty had a bunch which were sold at a yard sale once he moved out of his parent's house), but we have sprinkled star wars love throughout our apartment.

Original star wars VHS tapes actually bought in the 80s when the movies came out! We're so old!

That box cover writing by George Lucas is some of the most heartfelt and beautiful words I'm used to him making anywhere... so awesome!

Nah! My setup isn't that... Okay. It's pretty sweet.

That's funny. In the first image, Tasty has a beard. But he doesn't have it in the second one. And he changed from a hat to sunglasses.

Those VHS tapes are collectors items for sure. The oldest I have are the 1995 release. Has that message from Lucas on the trilogy case.

Here's a close-up of that LAAT/i:

Gryffon Etheras
travisccook
Tech Officer

Awarded:

Dat pelt!

Iceroid
Veteran

re: Battlestations

I just got me a new desk so I figured I would display my newly redesigned battlestation for all of you to laugh at. Everybody show yours off too!

http://imgur.com/p4fg2m4

Blasthardcheese
Blast Hardcheese
Member - 4 Years

Nice. We have a post about this already, but the last post is from August of '14. Posting this there would be a thread necro which is a forum no-no. The images of mine are a little out of date. I might update it here.

I do recommend a smaller image though. That's very very very large. Most of us don't have 2k+ monitors.

And kudos for using a chair pad. I get into too many houses and businesses that don't use a chair pad, regardless of the flooring. Always use a chair pad. Your chair will ruin your floor if you don't.

Mazikeena
Member - 3 Years

Congratulations, Iceroid, on your new desk! yeah, we did have a thread where we posted our gaming setups -- although I can't for the life of me find it on this site.

I have a laptop with a razer gaming mouse. Although I am usually wearing a Wookie bathrobe when I play and eating pez out of a Princess Leia dispenser. :) May this image forever haunt you when we play together! Hahaha

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: