View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: NOTES AND RESULTS OF OFFICER MEETING

I am losing my mind and can't remember if I already posted this somewhere or not... anyway - We will be holding an officers meeting sometime next week, probably Tuesday night (Officers, expect an announcement from me soon on the time) MONDAY, 11/21, 9:15PM EASTERN.

This is officers only just because we don't need the entire guild to weigh in on these issues - I want to have an efficient, quick meeting to determine some important stuff.  

Agenda for the meeting:

• Leadership structure going forward - specific officers/marshals for each division of the guild
  • Recruiting progress and goals
  • Raiding / other activity goals for various games
  • Rules for recruiting, the application, etc. for WoW and SWTOR chapters... possible removal of the Application or Trials or a changing of the Trials to just 2 weeks as a Trainee/Initiate... possible rules for WOW vs. SWTOR (they don't have to be the same)
  • Our forums and whether or not we need to require activity here
  • Other forms of communication - Groupme, Discord, Teamspeak, Facebook
  • What is our vision for the guild, and making sure everyone is on the same page
  • Membership ranks... anyone in need of a promotion/demotion
  • Activity purge and who deserves to be purged... activity requirements going forward (For me, if someone has shown their face in the guild in SOME way at all in recent memory, no "strike" needed)
  • The ranks themselves... rank bloat?  Rank changes needed?  What do they mean, and how will people acquire ranks if we change the Trials.

As you can see, I have a lot I want to discuss with the leadership staff, that's why it's  a "closed" meeting but you guys know I've always wanted to be transparent with my leadership.  Also, if it's not clear, this is open to all Orange names (officers) and Marshals (purple names... people with exemplary membership status but not the same level of administrative responsibility).

If you're not an officer and would like to add anything to the agenda of the meeting, please post her or PM me.  

Thank you!  Long live Pax Republica!!

Last edited by Nwahs on December 17, 2016 2:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Awarded:

I'd like to announce that the Officer Meeting went REALLY well and there was a lot of good stuff decided and figured out. Here is my rough draft of the minutes:

------

Attendance

-Blast, buck, eosque, iolo, mackeogh, morov, naar, nwahs, nylos, seuhae, tiffs, zalisk/empiricus

-Ranks for each game

-We'll have arbiter is game leaders and guild leadership council, marshal shall be Game LTs (raid leaders, content creators, recruiters).  Game Leaders have authority to promote or demote in-game ranks based on activity level, permissions, as needed for that game, and this in game rank may not match the "guild rank" all the time, as time-in-guild may be a bit different than their current activity level, etc.

---WoW

------Leader:  Buck

------Officers:  Nylos, Morov

------Lieutenant: Degar

---SWTOR

------Leader:  Scubax

------Officers: Eosque, Mack, Naar, Blast, Iolo, Empiricus, Tiffs

------Lieutenant: Tastycakes, Mazi, Kayllek PvP Marshal

-Overwatch

------Leader:  Nwahs

Will create a roster of battle.net ids and who plays, who doesn't, and list of their season 1/2/3 skill ratings to help with Competitive play grouping

-Forum Roster

---Google Sheet roster, updated biweekly or monthly

---pinned in discord

---Forum Roster, keep the application?

------WoW:  keep an application forum, but not require forum activity... accurate roster, application stays as a way to set up interviews 

------SWTOR: many players may not even go to the forums for an application, but SWTOR won't require application on forums

------Pin roster and Application area to the General Chat of Discord

-Path to membership

---Initiate:  Come see us and learn about us

---Trainee:  Do you want to join us?  Take 2 weeks to feel it out, make sure you trust us/we trust you, 

---Realization that there's no need for 2 of these in WOW... just an Initiate rank (good name to have since it is descriptive) 

---SWTOR for now will keep the two ranks (Initiate/Trainee) as we see how raiding is in 5.0(leave it up to Scubax to have final say on this)

-----Requirements for Peacekeeper: Voice chat, at least 3-5 hours of playtime in voice chat with guildies, and then having a member or officer ask for them to be promoted, and having another officer agree and grant the promotion (vouching for the new member).  Then this would be updated on the master roster (google sheet) and make a forum thread to celebrate/document this new full member.  They get encouraged to join groupme/facebook, etc.  No more 6 step process to become a member.

---Activity requirements

-----No need for forums activity, but game leaders will check activity at least once a month.  SWTOR will probably go with an "inactive" Rank that they will go to if they haven't been heard from after [a month?] and then if they hold that rank for 3 months, they are booted

-------Wow will prob have inactive rank, if someone hasn't been heard from in 2-3 months, they will be kicked

---Officers will be asked to have both Discord and GroupMe 

**Change application - more simple**

**change Admin Area to Officer Area**

-Nylos gave Nwahs Ownership of discord

-We'll change the "Guild Rank" of some people

------

Found it :)  was trying to catch scubax up on it and didn't see this , thank you shawn 

Good wrap up of the meeting (bumping just in case others still need to find it)

Jump to: