View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hart of Hircine

re: earthquakes in Oklahoma and surrounding states

Ealiear this mourning around 2:30am oklahoma was hit by a earthquake and has had aftershocks bigger than the earthquake. The first was 4.9 or 4.8. Here in south central kansas one town away from the border of oklahoma. we felt what was call a 5.9 just half an hour ago. I wish I could bring up a link but can't find any and it's been all over the news hear. Some towers are out and it's hard to call people cause my phone keeps saying call failed or text failed to send. I thought it was my phone messing up but I'm wondering what has happened till I felt the 5.9 up on the top floor of a 5 story apartment building.

FWI Most people around here have never felt an earthquake. So some of us are a little spooked. If anyone can find some links about it it would be helpful.
Hart of Hircine

Okay here's a link I found
http://www.wellingtondailynews.com/features/x1234473325/Earthquake-felt-in-Sumner-County
Legendkiller456

Wow! I hope no one was hurt no comment

Pax Eternus

Aren't they saying that the main earthquake is yet to come?

scary stuff. Stay safe

That's some scary stuff there. Stay safe!

PS.: On a side note, isn't this more off an Offtopic thread? Just askin'. tongue out

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
Arkathos

Similar to what BC is expecting yes, we've had a ton of earthquakes from 2.9 to about 6.5 in the last few months, but the 9.0+ is expected to his the west coast and parts of central north america anytime since it's "overdue". Glad no one was hurt Azno buddy.

(And yes its OT, I will move it :P )

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Hart of Hircine

Gaiutus Baltar wrote:
Pax Eternus wrote:

Similar to what BC is expecting yes, we've had a ton of earthquakes from 2.9 to about 6.5 in the last few months, but the 9.0+ is expected to his the west coast and parts of central north america anytime since it's "overdue". Glad no one was hurt Azno buddy.

(And yes its OT, I will move it :P )
Thanks and I'm glad that no one got hurt either cause I live an hour and thirty mins away from OK City

timaselj wrote:
That's some scary stuff there. Stay safe!

PS.: On a side note, isn't this more off an Offtopic thread? Just askin'. tongue out
I have and sorry didn't know where to post this. Trust me fear only truly strikes the unaware, the unprepared, and the 1st timers. I was all three for I never knew what an earthquake was like but as I read up on the net that it wasn't the worst ever recorded so I guess I'm lucky.
Crasic

My radio station morning show won't stop talking about it...
AstralProjection

Glad you're okay Azno : ) I had a similar experience this year when they had the Earthquake in DC...it wasn't as bad as what you've been getting in Oklahoma, but it was a shock to me to actually feel one when I never even experienced a tremor living in Hollywood for a couple years. In places like Oklahoma or Pennsylvania you don't typically think of Earthquakes as something you have to worry about!

From what I was reading all of a sudden after 2009 you went from getting about 50 earthquakes a year in Oklahoma to over 1,000 (now that's from geologists, so practically all of them were so tiny only their equipment caught it, but that's a very odd trend to see...Hopefully the phenomenon disappears as quickly as it appeared and you don't have to keep dealing with those.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: