View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Sticx45

re: Early access "up to 5 days"

Got this off darth hater, but those that haven't heard yet. The pre-order page was updated and includes the following info.

Quote:
CUSTOMERS WHO PRE-ORDER STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME BEFORE THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH. “EARLY GAME ACCESS” IS THE PERIOD OF TIME BEFORE THE OFFICIAL GAME LAUNCH WHEN PRE-ORDER CUSTOMERS MAY ACCESS THE GAME. EARLY GAME ACCESS MAY BE UP TO 5 DAYS. THE LENGTH OF YOUR EARLY GAME ACCESS DEPENDS ON THE DATE AND ORDER IN WHICH YOU REDEEMED YOUR PRE-ORDER CODE AT THE CODE REDEMPTION CENTER. SEE PRE-ORDER FAQ FOR MORE DETAILS.

http://buy.swtor.com/us/[/u]
Atrayu Yung

I registered my code on the first day available but it was late in the day after work. I wonder if that is early enough to get in on the first day.
mrmarko

Sweet,

I registered mine about 20mins after the release was announced Happy - pretty confident I'll get 5 days.

Thanks for the info Sticx. They also said on DarthHater that the reason for this is because SWG ends 5 days before SWTOR launch.

Hmm 5 days... so that should enough to get to 30-35 at least based on my usual amount of playtime and what I have read about what people were accomplishing during the beta weekends.

Healthy jump on the general release population.
Captain Bubbles

I'm pretty sure I was early enough to get in on the first day, but just in case, I hope there will be guildies available to reserve names Happy

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Atrayu Yung wrote:
I registered my code on the first day available but it was late in the day after work. I wonder if that is early enough to get in on the first day.

I imagine it will... let's see here. We were able to start pre-ordering and entering codes on July 21st, so that was 17 weeks ago. Perhaps it will be something like this:

Enter code within 3 weeks of July 21: Enter game 5 days early
Enter code within 3-6 weeks of July 21: Enter game 4 days early
etc.

Except you can pre-order up until the release of the game so take that into account. Point is, I'd bet money that if you had your code in within the first three weeks, you'll get to play 5 days early, I'm thinking they wouldn't do anything less than 2 weeks for that 5 day cutoff.

Was hoping for a week, but 5 days is also cool Happy

gagebass

very awesome thanks for sharing i think ill be at 4-3 days

They confirmed it here as well.

40 days to go! Whoooo!

Awarded:

15th was my original guess for when it would start.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9350780#post9350780

I'm hoping I'll be in the first wave, I must have registered in the first few hours as it was mid morning UK time when I received the confirmation e-mail.

I can just about guarantee you that my mother-in-law will fly in the very moment my early access starts. And she's staying at least through Christmas. I guess I can take comfort in knowing the herd will have moved on by the time I get started.

Photobucket
Blind Equilibrium

Crox_Rava wrote:
I can just about guarantee you that my mother-in-law will fly in the very moment my early access starts. And she's staying at least through Christmas. I guess I can take comfort in knowing the herd will have moved on by the time I get started.

Yeah that's a bit more rough than mine... I'll only be able to squeeze in a few hours the first day as it will be my 10th wedding anniversary on the 15th. However as she will also be 5 months pregnant at that time, she'll probably fall asleep as soon as our son goes to bed, lol.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

I will be working like crazy starting Dec 1st until Christmas for the Post Office as you can imagine, so my play time will be limited to Sundays and evenings... but once Christmas happens, the mail volume is super low, I'll have time off, and I won't be tutoring, so basically Dec 26 - Feb 1 I will be in gamer heaven playing A LOT :D :D :D

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: