View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sticx45

re: great quote

Quote:
"We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots." - Damion Schubert

Old article but simply fantastic quote. I laughed pretty hard when I read that.

http://torwars.com/2011/03/19/hot-news-no-friendly-fire-in-swtor/
Lord Marvel

Well... that is true... also, those that are not idiots would probably constantly kill those idiots... I know that I wished more than once or twice to be able to kill people from my faction in WoW...

Sticx45

Heh I played on Rallos Zek for a while in EQ. Now that was a true pvp environment. There were no sides. You had factions, but that was more race based than alliance vs horde type. You could attack anyone at any given time. Reputation meant everything at that point in time. Over the course of a few years, I can count on one hand the number of times I was "ganked". Once a player built a reputation as a ganker, they were Kill on sight for pretty much every player on the server.

Back then mmo's were a lot more social also though. Even though you could attack anyone on the server you still saw hundreds of people grouped up in feydark and east commonlands selling junk (there was no auction house). People sitting around laughing, having fun, and socializing.

It's rather funny how much the genera has changed over the years from a social adventure, that was more about the journey than the destination. To the theme park mmo's we are forced to accept now days. The saving grace of the whole situation is that guilds have become better. Better equipped to handle the needs of the game, better socially, and more focused on what really matters in a game.

Although I miss a lot of the random social encounters I had in the early mmo's, guilds have filled a large part of that void for me.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: