View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

Do looks matter?
Not much, no. I use the best I can get my hands on.
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Yes! I need to look cool!
71%
 71%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 28

Atka Talin

re: Looks, or practicality?

Hey everybody,

I just wanted to know how we feel about our games. I play MMOs for the fun social aspect, as well as competition, so I like to look good. I also like gear that's nice and useful, but looks really are a big thing for me.

So, I just wanted to know, social clothes bar feature doohickey thing aside, if armor was jawa ugly, but still had good stats, would you wear it? Does the look of the gear have any say in if you wear it around proudly or not?

Every artist was first an amateur.
Crox Rava

I voted yes, but I have an addendum. I make everything look good, rendering the poll moot.

/thread

Photobucket
Kirrex

Looks are cool, but I wear whatever makes me the strongest.

As a smuggler, I think looking cool is just as, or even more important then silly stats!

Crox_Rava wrote:
I voted yes, but I have an addendum. I make everything look good, rendering the poll moot.

/thread

Hahaha Happy You're so modest, I like that about you!

Wolfwood Barbarossa wrote:
As a smuggler, I think looking cool is just as, or even more important then silly stats!

Yeah, looks are everything if you're gonna charm your way out of a situation *winks!

I voted yes on this poll, appearace is SUPER important to me and I gotta say, I'm a little worried about it in SWTOR. I'm sure at some point, they'll add an appearance tab, every MMO has done it and it's a must for me to be happy. I cannot go around kicking butt and looking like I have no sense of style...

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Sticx45

I definitely have to enjoy the aesthetics of my character. If i don't like my virtual image I'll still play, but I'll be much less happy about it. I don't feel that the aesthetical side of things really effects my game play effectiveness at all... but it does effect my E.O.T.G.
AstralProjection

I actually fall somewhere in the middle, but since I lacked that for an option I chose yes. I do care about the appearance of my items, and go out of my way to seek out items that aren't only powerful but stylish...but I usually find that I have enough options to select quality items in an MMO that I can find something I'm pleased with.

When it comes down to it, if an item it substantially better I'm going to use it, at least for PVP and Raids. I can always keep a second set of armor/clothes on hand that I enjoy for non-combat purposes...the personal bank offers plenty of space in game usually.

There are lots of items in TOR. I think you'll find things you like often during the course of your travels ; )

I usually carry around a second set of armor if I don't like my current look, but for practicality, if the armor I'm wearing is significantly better, then I generally have a hard time forcing myself to wear weaker gear. Do we know of any ways to customize the look of your armor or have multiple armor sets?

Awarded:

AstralProjection wrote:

When it comes down to it, if an item it substantially better I'm going to use it, at least for PVP and Raids. I can always keep a second set of armor/clothes on hand that I enjoy for non-combat purposes...the personal bank offers plenty of space in game usually.

That's basically what I do if I have to... I'll sacrifice bag space to have a set of cool looking robes and armour, but if I am in a raid or PvP situation, I'll wear the best stats, because when I'm locking sabers with Sith, I won't care what I'm wearing!

Kirrex wrote:
Looks are cool, but I wear whatever makes me the strongest.
Same and if it makes my characters pale white skin glow in the dark in game, then hell yeah!
Dorobbo

minmax all the way. Whatever it takes to fulfill the roll im supposed to do regardless of appearance. Luckily in most games they make the best performing stuff also look equally amazing so its usually not a problem. Having all your gear jive together to look like a cohesive set is a different challenge all in itself Happy

I voted no. I always look at how good the thing is first. If it looks nicely, that's only a +. But performance > looks.

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
Lord Marvel

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
AstralProjection wrote:

That's basically what I do if I have to... I'll sacrifice bag space to have a set of cool looking robes and armour, but if I am in a raid or PvP situation, I'll wear the best stats, because when I'm locking sabers with Sith, I won't care what I'm wearing!

I`m on it right with you guys Happy

If my main armor looks ugly, I have best looking one in backpack for social occasions :D

Tobiscas

If it doesn't look good, I don't wear it. I'd have it no other way. xD

Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

I like to have lots of gear
1) optimal stats for PvE
2) optimal stats for PvP
3) ok stats but looks good for general wear
4) rubish stats but looks awesome for trying to do old content - I used the purple glowing sword in WoW cause it looked like a lightsaber.
5) casual wear non-armory look.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: