Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Additional Rank
Yes
69%
 69%  [ 25 ]
No
30%
 30%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 36

Hart of Hircine

re: Rank Between Leg. and Marshal?

Cloud Kanno wrote:
I voted yes. Our award system is great in my opinion - it’s one of the many reasons I joined this community. I’ve never been fond of clans / guilds that have around twenty ranks or titles (too many could cause power struggles and/or unnecessary drama). However, our higher awards within our award system are typically given to those who have shown dedication and have put in effort to make this community a better place, primarily officers since they are the people who do most of the ground work.

Since that is the case, I would like to see more regular members being given further recognition and have additional room for advancement. I’m sure most of you have noticed we have few legionaries; this is due to the fact that there is little room for advancement so naturally we are stricter when granting that title. With a new rank implemented we can relax our procedure allowing more members to advance.
This point also came to mind but didn't think of blending the ideas, nice way to put it cloud.
Crox Rava

Gaiutus Baltar wrote:
Did you read my post @ top of page?

Perhaps I misunderstood?

Gaiutus Baltar wrote:
Reasons for: It basically allows administration to not be so stringent on the Legionairre rank which is the first promotion, and lets us move people up to a more recognized position that doesn't instantly raise them to the pinnacle of what a member can achieve (marshal).

Like I said, if there is a need for a specific office, that office should be created. What I took from the original post was that this was essentially a vehicle for member recognition, with actual responsibilities to follow as they were determined by the leadership team. If that is not the case then by all means disregard my vote. I would of course support the addition of a rank that improves the functioning of the guild or relieves our dear overworked leaders of some measure of stress. Happy

Photobucket
Luke Filewalker

Pauliosis wrote:
I voted no because I believe with the idea that the ranks and such will not be as special as revered. Also that i <3 u all, i hope you know that, and i trust that our admin team will make the right decisions...but people change with power, and sometimes it is for the worse.

You're right, people do change with power. I'm assuming here, correct me if I'm wrong but that is why the Marshall's would only have some responsibility and if it wasn't used properly then it would taken away from them without much repercussions towards the guild.

"Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - The almighty wise Yoda.
Hart of Hircine

I'm recasting my vote as a yes.
Arkathos

I voted no because I believe with the idea that the ranks and such will not be as special as revered. Also that i <3 u all, i hope you know that, and i trust that our admin team will make the right decisions...but people change with power, and sometimes it is for the worse.

You're right, people do change with power. I'm assuming here, correct me if I'm wrong but that is why the Marshall's would only have some responsibility and if it wasn't used properly then it would taken away from them without much repercussions towards the guild.

To note on this;

1. Yes, people definitely change with power. We've removed a few people in the past who let it get to their heads. The job of an administrator or leader is not to be served, but to serve. Likewise, the job of a member is not to be served, but to serve. In this way, each party is kept humble, and helps the other. Happy

2. The purpose of wanting this extra rank between Marshal and Legionairre is to ensure we get some more quality time and focus on any individual in X rank before promoting them to Marshal. Taking away promotions almost always result in removal of membership as well; since whatever caused the loss of rank is usually a charter violation = strike or more severe actions!

So if this were to be implemented, as always, it would be carefully handled and executed to the best of our abilities. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Sticx45

Gaiutus Baltar wrote:
The job of an administrator or leader is not to be served, but to serve.

This is why I don't take officer positions unless forced too, I like to be served. I kid of course, mostly. tongue out
Palindora
Aestel Cooper
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Gaiutus Baltar wrote:
Nothing is "just" anything, but rather parts of. Membership roles in any part of life that involve promotion come with added responsibility and expectations. Officer positions are voluntary yes, but promotions are not - they are earned. And we'd much rather accept an application to officer positions from someone who has earned promotions proving their abilities to lead and showing they have no strikes, than someone with 3 past strikes and having demonstrated none of the leadership qualities they state they have in their application to the officer position.

Members who demonstrate leadership skills, and a willingness to help others, are recognized at the end of each month via promotions. While those who just log on, play, log off without going out of their way to help their fellow Paxians will remain at the rank which best suits them. The "way I see it" post above simply notes the ranks as it relates to those looking for more responsibility, and is not solely to find officers over all. So forgive me if I am not answering your question, but the question itself confused me probably since I just got home from work and am quite tired. Let me know if you need anything else cleared up.

It sort of re-affirms what I saw the member ranks as being but seems to make it less obvious where that middle rank fits. At the moment those legionnaires looking to progress up the ranks would look to take on more leadership responsibilities which means officers would look to afford them those opportunities. So I don't see how having a half way house helps it would probably just make it harder for legionnaires to progress. We'd be looking at the middle group taking on more responsibility for leading instead, so less room for legionnaires to develop.
So for me to say a new role structure is a good idea I guess I'd need to see three things:
1)What qualities someone will have demonstrated to have achieved such a role.
2)How we see people progressing between the roles.
3)How their responsibilities would grow with each role.

I voted no. If we get too many ranks, there will be chaos.. We should place rules of new rank... and this must be detailed... For now Legionairre is clear. You're good member, you get Legionairre... But what'll be for rank above? You are goody good member?
For me line:
Trainee - Peacekeeper - Legionairre - Marshall - etc...
Is very good line of ranks

=============
Beware! Crazy user inside!
Other nickname: Finek
Arkathos

I voted no. If we get too many ranks, there will be chaos.. We should place rules of new rank... and this must be detailed... For now Legionairre is clear. You're good member, you get Legionairre... But what'll be for rank above? You are goody good member?
For me line:
Trainee - Peacekeeper - Legionairre - Marshall - etc...
Is very good line of ranks

Trainee doesn't count as a rank, as they're not technically a member.

Marshall will be a penny in a hundred bucks; very few people will get this rank, and we will have a set number. So really there are 2 ranks; Peacekeeper and Legionairre. An additional rank would equal 3 - and I hardly think 3 ranks is something to create chaos. :P I'd wager over 60% of the guilds out there for TOR have over 15 ranks, with branches, and individual ranks for special people in membership, with fun names that make no sense.

:P And @ Aestel we have yet to fully develop the rank hence the "responsibilities" will be determined later, but we'll post here if we manage to put it together early. Off to school now. :P

Legendkiller456

I voted no. I too agree with Atrayu on the matter. It makes you feel special knowing that there are not as many members that have your rank, when talking about Legionnaire. And soon, even less with that rank of Marshall. It just makes you feel more special imo.

EDIT: I change my vote yes. After thinking about it, it wouldn't hurt by adding an additional rank. Who knows, it might be something cool like a rank that sets up raids or something :D[/u]

AstralProjection

Adding a 4th rank will provide members with greater chances to feel like they are advancing and being recognized for their achievements without cluttering our membership with excessive bureaucracy. 4-5 member ranks is manageable IMO without creating too much of a headache for administration, but that's more your department than mine, I could be incorrect.

Anyway, that was my rationale for voting yes : )

When reviewing the RANK X under the Administrator Blog, it seems like a good idea.

Arkathos

I voted no. I too agree with Atrayu on the matter. It makes you feel special knowing that there are not as many members that have your rank, when talking about Legionnaire. And soon, even less with that rank of Marshall. It just makes you feel more special imo.

EDIT: I change my vote yes. After thinking about it, it wouldn't hurt by adding an additional rank. Who knows, it might be something cool like a rank that sets up raids or something :D

I know you voted yes :P But just want to note on something that's making me grind my teeth with frustration that people don't seem to get. :P

There are few Legionnaires at this time. But, that will change as more people are getting promotions and they will soon have Legionnaire status. In the future, we can expect over 70% of peacekeepers to advance to Legionnaire, which would probably make it seem not so special as is noted in your first comment.

The addition of a rank between and means that the amounts of people in any rank are spread out to make it "feel more special" though with power comes responsibility of course. So two tougher ranks to get, and one somewhat difficult but in no way impossible rank allows for great effort by members to be put forward.

Also please review this link to see a "rough" draft explanation of the ranks as they will be if administration /passes my version and we as a guild /pass the new rank implementation.

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7568211&gid=118791

And now i need to go to class, can only skip one haha. Will be writing notes on a notebook about more pax admin loving stuff - it never ends. =(

Rebmac!

My question right now is lets say since the game isn't out yet, some of us are buzy doing other things, and while we have dedication to the guild, we're focusing on our family, and school since we know once the game comes out we'll be focused in that, leading raids on world bosses, and orgnizeing people when they just see a few putting around with no leadership.

So my question is if we show our selves to be super members, down the road, will we leap ranks, or would we climb the rank structure, and others who have been lego's longer, but not do as much will complain because somebody becomes a lego, then does more than the lego's who've been since before launch, and move up.

Is there a minimum time in rank requirement is more what i'm asking.

There will be no rank leaping. The only time we permit members to “leap” over a rank is when we are accepting applications for specific officer positions. At the moment, Peacekeepers are required to become Legionaries before advancing to a Marshal position. The same will apply for Legionaries if we decided to implement a rank between Legionnaire and Marshal. Happy

Page 3 of 5

Jump to: