View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stornskar

re: Pre Order Key

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue - I preordered the collector's edition from Gamestop. Not digital download, I'm going to physically pick it up from there ... anyways, I registered for a preorder key, received it in my inbox, and when I redeemed it at the TOR website, it said that it was for SWTOR standard edition. I'm thinking it's not that big of a deal, as I'll have the CE in hand when it's released, but still ... it bothers me a little bit

Hmmm... that is strange... mine said it was CE edition... and I just confirmed it on my account in Pre-order part... so you might want to call gamestop and ask about that, or TOR support...

AstralProjection

Lord Marvel wrote:
Hmmm... that is strange... mine said it was CE edition... and I just confirmed it on my account in Pre-order part... so you might want to call gamestop and ask about that, or TOR support...

Yeah, ditto here...mine showed up properly too. Just to be sure you don't get robbed of your in-game stuff, I would give someone a call and get it straightened out, you paid too much to put up with that BS on launch day.

Well ... crap. I sent an e-mail to Bioware, and will swing by Gamestop today with the receipt just to make sure that everything is kosher ...

I remember seeing on the official forums that that was a recurrent problem for a lot of people. I think you are ok, but I would do a search on the TOR forums for a solution.
nolongeramember

Same happened for me. I emailed Bioware and they said it was common and won't affect early access time or your CE bonuses. You'll put in your physical CE code when you actually pick up the game.

Odjii

That is definitely odd, contact the retailer or bioware asap/
Wolfwood Barbarossa

I pre-ordered from Best Buy... but have still yet to receive a key.. Anyone else have this problem?

The codes really only matter for early access in the end, which goes by the date entered. At this point as long as you have a code entered I would not stress too much as no one can argue with the physical code you enter post-launch.
Stornskar

This was the response I received from swtor support:

-----------------------------------------Incoming transmission------------------------------------

Greetings Lohengrin,

I am Protocol Droid R7-L0, Human-Cyborg relations.

I have received your transmission regarding your pre-order query.
We can confirm that there is no longer any need to amend the code attached to your account. Any code applied to your account will grant you access into the Head Start program.
Please do not be concerned if when going into the ‘My Account’ section the edition listed there is incorrect. When you receive your product code at launch and apply this to your account this will then grant you all relevant in-game items that are associated with the version that you have purchased in your case the Collector's Edition..For a list of all in-game items associated with pre-order versions, please visit: http://www.swtor.com/preorder
Should you need further assistance with this matter, please do not hesitate to let me know. Galactic support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid R7-L0 (aka Regina)
Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

------------------------------------Transmission Ended------------------------------------

Ah, so good news Happy than problem is non existant Happy

Sticx45

Not to necro and older post. But is it just me, or does anyone else totally love that CSR response letters are Roleplay in form? As if your actually talking to a droid in Star wars =)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: