View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
AstralProjection

re: Clock on forum

Zoron Ror wrote:
Aestel Cooper wrote:
Zoron Ror wrote:
You should be able to mouseover the times to see it in local time, you can modify your timezone in your profile settings.

That would work if the calender wasn't out by an hour at the moment, It doesn't seem to account for pacific daylight savings (might just be configured wrong). When I hover over any of the events they show them starting an hour later than they should.

There's an option to take into account daylight savings time, but i'm wondering if it only changes on GMT daylight savings day because I'm pretty sure that US and UK have different days for it.

My suggestion, don't use the checkbox for automatic ds, but when the clocks spring forward or fall back to manually change your profile settings, only takes a few secs. Happy

Yeah, IIS on webservers seems to have strange calculations of the time zones. A lot of webservers' time logs are off an hour from the what the GMT - whatever differential actually would be, and I think you're right, it has something to do with daylight savings calculations, which aren't international.

Awarded:

You guys are right, the current problem is GL doesn't have the GMT and daylight savings time figured out.

When I created the countdown widget for TOR release, I did not see a clock widget. Unfortunately I don't think GL supports this.

Basically we as officers will do our best to post events as a rule on Pacific local time, so whether it's daylight time or not, and then you can scroll your mouse over a calendar, see what time it is for you. Remember that we're going on Pacific time, so if it's not correct, you can figure out how many hours away it really is. I wish I could think of a better way but unfortunately I'm not sure how to manipulate the technology to help! we'll just have to be extra smart... thanks for the suggestion though CMDR it's a good point and hopefully someone can figure something out!

How about just putting a kind of instructions somewhere? We'd state that our Guild Time is GMT -8 and then how much you'd have to add or deduce from the time on the calendar to know what it is in your time? As in let's say there is a guild event at 6.30pm GMT -8. I live in GMT +1. In order to get what my time would be, I have to add 9. (8 to get to GMT 0 and then +1 so I get in my time zone). And I get the result, that in my time, that would be at 3.30am. Happy

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
Hart of Hircine

Gaiutus Baltar wrote:
I have had Travis look into a clock widget that shows the current guild time, but he keeps coming back to me saying it can't be done or it won't work. Not sure if he's made any progress but he's been very busy as of late and the topic has not come up lately. I will see if anyone can get it done though as I have wanted a clock widget with our exact guild time (my time) showing.
Didn't gits have one on the old site. I know I can do it on my guild lauch site I created for me an my bro's rl wow guild.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

timaselj wrote:
How about just putting a kind of instructions somewhere? We'd state that our Guild Time is GMT -8 and then how much you'd have to add or deduce from the time on the calendar to know what it is in your time? As in let's say there is a guild event at 6.30pm GMT -8. I live in GMT +1. In order to get what my time would be, I have to add 9. (8 to get to GMT 0 and then +1 so I get in my time zone). And I get the result, that in my time, that would be at 3.30am. Happy

That's probably a good idea!

There should be a countdown clock till things start. like.. 5 hrs till game night. then it would be easy for people to figure out on their own

There should be a countdown clock till things start. like.. 5 hrs till game night. then it would be easy for people to figure out on their own

Only problem with that would be we'd likely have to replace the TOR countdown timer clock, and that sir, would be blasphemy!!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Gaiutus Baltar wrote:
Namluck wrote:

Only problem with that would be we'd likely have to replace the TOR countdown timer clock, and that sir, would be blasphemy!!

I think we can have more than one countdown widget up there? I'm not sure but I think so, if people that that was a good idea

That That! Caught a mistake Shawn, I get a prize now. :P

And if we can do that, then I would not be against it, though it may clutter us up. We will have to look into it but I think if it can be done, it would be useful. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Gaiutus Baltar wrote:
That That! Caught a mistake Shawn, I get a prize now. :P

And if we can do that, then I would not be against it, though it may clutter us up. We will have to look into it but I think if it can be done, it would be useful. Happy

Yes you do! I was wondering if anyone still remembered my little challenge of catching me make a typo or not Happy

You win this:

Forum Image

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: