View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
CMDR Blue R

re: Clock on forum

I looked at Calendar. Oh. Today is interguild TF2! Wait.. Now is 6:40 pm in Poland... Is that 5:40 or 4:40 pm GMT? Now Poland is -1h or -2... I don't remember.... And if.... Wait... And then minus 8h.... ARGHH!!
<opened page:
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/
>
Ah. It's just 9:40 AM... So I've for about 3h till TH2 interguild game start...

And I was thinking... Is possible to have clock on main forum page close to calendar? It'll be helpful for these person, who live in another time zone, I think.

=============
Beware! Crazy user inside!
Other nickname: Finek
Zoron Ror

You should be able to mouseover the times to see it in local time, you can modify your timezone in your profile settings.

This is true, but later I'll have little trouble. I'm live by Polish time, so it's easier to me, to read how old is post when I see Poland's Time as post time. Then I can see how old is post. And sometimes I use it, to catch person...
Well... Now, when we're not playing MMORPG together as much as it was with LOTRO some time ago, this isn't big problem, but when TOR will be running on, I sometimes need information, how old is post (and when this person was entering forum). And then again I'll count time again...
I set dual time watch to paciffic time and Poland Time, but clock next to Calendar will be helpful in my opinion, because by one look person can gent complete information.

If I need clock I can quick opened that page I mentioned. But it'll be better, if I can see it by one look...

Ofc. This is onlys suggestion.

=============
Andokun

i approve of this idea

Oh I see, i guess an alternative would be to check your email for responses as it shows your time there. For game nights maybe the admins can use another countdown (not sure how involved it would be to change it for each game night). I know there have been requests for clocks before but I don't think guildlaunch has those, I better let an admin respond instead lol.

I have had Travis look into a clock widget that shows the current guild time, but he keeps coming back to me saying it can't be done or it won't work. Not sure if he's made any progress but he's been very busy as of late and the topic has not come up lately. I will see if anyone can get it done though as I have wanted a clock widget with our exact guild time (my time) showing.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
CMDR Blue R

Zoron Ror wrote:
You should be able to mouseover the times to see it in local time, you can modify your timezone in your profile settings.

Being too sleepy is wrong way to go... Marvel told me something, that you said.. And I answered...
"Wait.. He said that? Oh... Yes, Zoron said that..."

Now I undersand... And you have right... My bad... Oh. I really didn't know that options... Thanks. That what I was looking for

I don't know why, but I uderstand to put guild time in profile as my time.. To see right time there:

You last visited on 06 Oct 2011 07:17 pm
The time now is 06 Oct 2011 07:34 pm
Pax Republica Forum Index

I really don't know why... because now I read and see that you said other things... Well... I don't have much sleep last time... I better go to bed.

EDIT
I'm talking with Marvel... And I see I can't even good count Polish time by GMT.... I better go sleep, before I made another faux pas.

=============
Zoron Ror

CMDR Blue R wrote:
Zoron Ror wrote:

Being too sleepy is wrong way to go... Marvel told me something, that you said.. And I answered...
"Wait.. He said that? Oh... Yes, Zoron said that..."

Now I undersand... And you have right... My bad... Oh. I really didn't know that options... Thanks. That what I was looking for

I don't know why, but I uderstand to put guild time in profile as my time.. To see right time there:

You last visited on 06 Oct 2011 07:17 pm
The time now is 06 Oct 2011 07:34 pm
Pax Republica Forum Index

I really don't know why... because now I read and see that you said other things... Well... I don't have much sleep last time... I better go to bed.

EDIT
I'm talking with Marvel... And I see I can't even good count Polish time by GMT.... I better go sleep, before I made another faux pas.

Ah ok lol np, goodnight wink

I didnt know you could see the time by scrolling over it! thanks for the info lol.

The idea seems fine Happy To bad about that it doesn't work tongue out

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
mrmarko

Gaiutus Baltar wrote:
I have had Travis look into a clock widget that shows the current guild time, but he keeps coming back to me saying it can't be done or it won't work. Not sure if he's made any progress but he's been very busy as of late and the topic has not come up lately. I will see if anyone can get it done though as I have wanted a clock widget with our exact guild time (my time) showing.
That would be ace if you could do that ;).

I can never remember what time's what over here in the UK when looking on the guild section.

sorry test
Cmelt

I believe I have seen websites with multiple time zone clocks on them before but I can see how that would be very difficult to code. That is definitely beyond my skill.

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Palindora
Aestel Cooper
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Zoron Ror wrote:

That would work if the calender wasn't out by an hour at the moment, It doesn't seem to account for pacific daylight savings (might just be configured wrong). When I hover over any of the events they show them starting an hour later than they should.

Aestel Cooper wrote:
Zoron Ror wrote:

That would work if the calender wasn't out by an hour at the moment, It doesn't seem to account for pacific daylight savings (might just be configured wrong). When I hover over any of the events they show them starting an hour later than they should.

There's an option to take into account daylight savings time, but i'm wondering if it only changes on GMT daylight savings day because I'm pretty sure that US and UK have different days for it.

My suggestion, don't use the checkbox for automatic ds, but when the clocks spring forward or fall back to manually change your profile settings, only takes a few secs. Happy

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: