View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Wolfwood Barbarossa

re: RIP Steve Jobs

R.I.P. A good business man that liked to overcharge his customers. The guy had some good ideas, but people idolize him way way to much...

Wolfwood Barbarossa wrote:
R.I.P. A good business man that liked to overcharge his customers. The guy had some good ideas, but people idolize him way way to much...

true and wrong all at the same time. Happy

He, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne, made the personal computer...period. before those guys computers were used mainly to compute tax returns. he made the mouse; before then everything was done with key commands. he founded and was CEO of Pixar. and thats all in the 70's and 80's.
you add into that the Ipod, which totally revolutionized the music medium,
iphone, smartphones before that were blackberries that could only send and receive emails,
and you will start to see that there is a reason for him to be someone's idol.

i agree with you on the overcharging side though. but in his defense his yearly salary at apple was $1. he made most of his money from Disney; he owned 7% of Disney making him the largest 'single share holder'.

it doesn't matter if you like Apple or hate them. the world would not be what it is today had it not been for Steve Jobs. for that we all owe him our respect and his family our commiseration.

R.I.P. A good business man
Cmelt

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Wolfwood Barbarossa

I agree with you Smurf, the man was a genius. I am sad to see him leave this world, I just do not understand the cult following.

It is very sad indeed. He was such a humble person, yet he changed the world with his ideas. Humans may be mortal, but my Macbook Pro will never die.

Much respect for the man who innovated tech

Photobucket
Xorix

Jim Cramer said it best.. He created machines for which there were no need and it turns out they were necessities.

It's as if he invented devices like Mozart and Beethoven wrote music. Even more so, Beethoven's best work was accomplished when he went deaf while writing the Pastoral Symphony. How much more did Jobs give us when he got his death sentence eight years ago? A fury of invention buttressed by a level of courage that is unimaginable given the pain he must have endured.

In an era where we seem almost ashamed of ourselves in America, where we are so self-critical and so imbued with second-rate syndrome, we can remember that Jobs was uniquely American and be proud of that.
Adroc

This was a sad day....I heard about his death and it really hit home for me. Cancer is something I hope we find cures for in my life time. It takes too many people.
A 30 Foot Smurf

Wolfwood Barbarossa wrote:
I agree with you Smurf, the man was a genius. I am sad to see him leave this world, I just do not understand the cult following.

lol i agree. i don't really understand any 'cult of personality'; but if Andy Warhol get's to be an iconoclast then Steve Jobs can have his sunshine too.

Not a Macintosh fan but still Steve Jobs helped improve apple with the first ever smart phone lol.
Pauliosis

I don't think the world will be the same, R.I.P. revolutionary
Odjii

If it wasn't for Steve we wouldn't have Pixar. Thank you Steve for making us smile a little more. RIP. They were showing Finding Nemo in my school cafeteria today for a seafood themed lunch and a friend reminded me of this. Steve gave a donation to Pixar when they were a start up which helped keep them alive and producing animations.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: