View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Cmelt

re: RIP Steve Jobs

A man who accomplished much, by not believing in silly things known as "obstacles". In my usually well-informed opinion, Steve Jobs is the man who brought about the ushering of a new era of technology and culture. The world is truly not the same without such a powerful example of human will and ingenuity. God bless Steve Jobs and may he rest in peace.

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Pressian

I had respect for Steve Jobs, he had a lot of rich history with computer software. I'm thankful that he made all this reliable apple technology, they are great for musical purposes (since I am a musician). Windows could do better. R.I.P. Steve Jobs.
Garlen Durakkis

So sad :'( Rest in peace Steve!
Koble

Normally I have no respect for the heads of huge companies like apple, but Steve Jobs was an exception. He helped to create a huge company that has no less than revolutionized modern technology. Rest in peace.
gagebass

sorry for his death but not much of a apple fan

He was a great man with conviction and courage. He will be missed.

UnbarringTomb

R.I.P Steve Jobs,Even though i was more of a Microsoft fan,Both company have brought us so many advancements in technology's,every thing from the super computer to the Ipad,they have brought this world into a New Age of information,one that has been never seen before in the history of mankind,and it will continue to evolve over the decades.

Really indifferent but still he was a great aspect to apple. The only really reason I'm not really "ZOMG WHY" is cause I'm not that much into Apple. They're ok for heavy computer stuff like animation and what not, but the one thing that annoys me is that the Ipods don't use flash >_>

Steve Jobs was a HUGE, HUGE inspiration in my life. I was lucky enough to attend a seminar he was holding at our Animation Studios last year and I was truly touched by his dedication to his work and his strive to continue to achieve success not only in the technological world but in his own personal life as well. A true visionary and he'll definitely be missed.

SonicBoomS wrote:
Steve Jobs was a HUGE, HUGE inspiration in my life. I was lucky enough to attend a seminar he was holding at our Animation Studios last year and I was truly touched by his dedication to his work and his strive to continue to achieve success not only in the technological world but in his own personal life as well. A true visionary and he'll definitely be missed.

Yeah i also forgot to add that he worked for Pixar on a few films,including being the producer of Toy Story,he bought a team of LucasFilm graphics animators,and founded Pixar Animation,up until the acquisition by Disney and worked on almost all the major Pixar films

Probably the most famous Jobs quote, but still worth reading again:

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. ... Stay hungry. Stay foolish."

gagebass wrote:
sorry for his death but not much of a apple fan

me to
UnbarringTomb

You guys really need to lay off the I HATE APPLE trend,this is not about apple,this is about the fact that a very important person in the world of both technology and information has just pass away.

UnbarringTomb wrote:
SonicBoomS wrote:

Yeah i also forgot to add that he worked for Pixar on a few films,including being the producer of Toy Story,he bought a team of LucasFilm graphics animators,and founded Pixar Animation,up until the acquisition by Disney and worked on almost all the major Pixar films

he's also been on the Board of Directors for a few years so he's been a major part in the acquisition of Marvel among other things. I've only seen him speak once but he's had quite a few seminars; I regret not going to them all haha.

UnbarringTomb wrote:
You guys really need to lay off the I HATE APPLE trend,this is not about apple,this is about the fact that a very important person in the world of both technology and information has just pass away.

I agree completely! I prefer Dell computers and Microsoft operating systems but if not for Jobs, we would not have the level of technology we have now. He started the race for commercial computers, he started the race for laptops, and his company created a computer industry that would likely not exist without them. I have spent years studying the history of modern technology (computers) and I know that he was hugely responsible for the technology that will enable us to enjoy this game we have been waiting several years for.

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: