View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Xorix

re: RP-PVP Servers are in TOR

Im not sure if someone else has posted this.. I looked around and couldnt find it. If so feel free to delete this post

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9531763

StephenReid:
Quote:
Hello all. As I said before, it wasn't such a trivial decision, which is why it took a while to make. However, we have good news: RP-PvP servers are going to be a part of Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Please note, the 'RP' part of the RP-PvP designation will be a suggested style of play, not a mandatory one. What that means is, if you feel someone isn't roleplaying, reporting them to Customer Service will not ensure action on their account. We will also not be enforcing naming policies or similar.

For a game with a projected player base as high as The Old Republic, it's simply not practical for CS to be watching over this. If you want to fully immerse yourself in roleplaying, we suggest you find a likeminded group or guild to do that with.

You probably have questions - throw them out and we'll try to answer.
Blind Equilibrium

Yay! Happy

That is all.
Andokun

if rp is not going to be enforced on RP servers then why have them anyways?

I imagine so that those who are interested in RP and PvP have a dedicated place to congregate as opposed to "unofficial" RP PvP servers like when when WoW was released.. something is better than nothing.
nolongeramember

Are we going to be on one of these servers? Because roleplaying isn't really my thing, but if it's not going to be enforced then I suppose I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Cloud Kanno

Pax Republica will be joining a pure PvP server along with our allies and rivals.

Cloud Kanno wrote:
Pax Republica will be joining a pure PvP server along with our allies and rivals.

Thank goodness, RP is cool and all and there is no rules saying you cant RP in a PVP server, but I think to have RP be enforced by CS is a waste of time and effort on CS.....for example wonder why it takes CS 24-48 hours to respond to an email? cause some roleplayer got his feelings here and sent spam saying "they metagamed."

So im glad we wont be joining an RP-PvP server, there isnt anything stopping the roleplaying community to do it on the PVP servers just need to do it on their own time with their own people.
Xorix

Cloud Kanno wrote:

Indeed great news to hear
Riddly Dun

I imagine there will be a server specific to those wanting to part take in RP? Aside from the PvP server we will be mainly playing on?

Riddly Dun wrote:
I imagine there will be a server specific to those wanting to part take in RP? Aside from the PvP server we will be mainly playing on?

No, the administration will not be supporting a second server for rp. Our time and focus will be directed at our pvp server. However, role players are welcome to rp on our primary server if they wish to. In the future, it’s possible we may review this notion after the guild has been well established on our pvp server, but at this time this is our current stance. Happy

Samll question, because I get little lost last time... We (as Pax Republica) are going to RP-PVP Server? I was thinking that Pax was set on PVP server... But if it's true, I'll be happy :D

=============
Beware! Crazy user inside!
Other nickname: Finek
Palindora
Aestel Cooper
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

@CMDR Blue R - We are sticking with a purely PvP server at the moment, as that matches what are allied guilds are set to.

So I remembered good, that we're going to PVP server. :D
No problem for me.. Ofc. I prefer RP-PVP, but for me is more important to play with you, guys, than type of server.

=============
Beware! Crazy user inside!
Other nickname: Finek
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

We were talking about it in Ventrilo last night... I think many of us would like to do RP-PVP, but I think if even the majority of us wanted it, then we'd have to get our allies/rivals to be on board, and plus I'm pretty sure Alex is not a fan of RP servers which is kind of important Happy

This is an official statement. Pax Republica will not be joining a RP-PVP or PVE server. As it was decided long ago and stated numerous times, Pax Republica will be joining a pure PVP server. Server type is not up for debate. Thank you. Happy

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: