View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drotix

re: Close recruitment, for class changes

Well as waking up to some of the best gaming news of my life about the release date of what I think will be the greatest MMO, ideas are scrambling now because of it.

I was thinking why not close recruitment for now, but its not for the reason you think (loves our new members.) The reason I am suggesting this is because once we finally get our hands on the game and some of us may not like the desired class or specialization. Why not reserve what little spots we have left to our already loyal members for class changes, at least til we get our feet on the ground of the game? If they can not perform well with their chosen class or are not having fun and want to switch early on rather then later, the option to change being available without hurting the guild roster, in the sense that there wont be too many of one class yet might be the best way to handle class changes?

Just a suggestion im super stoked from waking up this morning and that countdown timer is very sexy yet it seems to be counting so slow.
Lord Marvel

We won`t close recruitment... it was closed for little while, but will be re-open now, since we are at 72 members... and our aim is around 100.

Arkathos

Our regular members will be permitted to change classes. People come and go as is the ebb and flow of any surviving community. Stagnation would kill it. So we fill up to about 90 members by the time we release (we're taking a slow and limited approach to recruiting at this point) so there should still be ample opportunity to switch.

If we end up being 5 Jedi knights over, and 5 Smugglers under, it won't kill us. So if people switch in game, then that is fine. Eventually, 5 knights will leave or be kicked, and 5 smugglers will be recruited or have members switch to them. So there shouldn't be any problems with the loyal active members switching. This is a part of any mmo - especially the start. So we are planned for it and expect it. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Davi Jones

I dont like the close off recruitment thing but I see what your saying. Maybe keep 2-3 spaces open in each class until launch so people have a chance to change if they dont like their class in game.

As I said :P The way I posted above is the way it will be. I am happy though that you even thought of it Konta, so thank you. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: