View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Riddly Dun

re: Favorite Animes

I know there are a few otaku out there. Maybe we can all chime in and talk about our favorite anime this season and/or of all time. Movies, currently running series, oldies or even western animes are OK(Like Avatar: The last Airbender). :D

This season I'm really enjoying Steins; Gate and I can't talk about this anime more I really have enjoyed the series so far. It's about a "Mad Scientist" who creates a time machine. And when I say Mad Scientist he's actually a kid in a labcoat in his early twenties. It's funny, dramatic and it has a twist half-way into the series that left me speechless. That and I love the intro video and the music.

Animes of all time I really like ToraDora, Dragon Ball Z and Avatar: The Last Airbender. ToraDora is a Romantic Comedy thats fun to watch without all the pervy stuff alot of anime lately think they need. And Avatar what is there to say about it? It's just plain fantastic. And Dragon Ball Z was just my childhood. So many fond memories watching the series after school with my friends. XD

In terms of movies, I love Akira. It's a little weird but that movie blew my mind and the Manga was incredible too. I couldn't stop reading it when I started it. But here is a lil' trivia for you if you watch Kanye' West's Stronger music video he totally parodies the series.

Skip to 3:32 if you want to get past the weird part.

This is Kanye West:

The strong comparison is at 2:15

I'm not really too into anime; I've only seen two full shows and those were Death Note and Elfen Lied. I thought they were both great and I actually ended up reading the manga of Elfen Lied later on which is much longer than the anime. I think most anime viewers have seen Death Note so I don't really have to talk about that, but I may be wrong. I've seen Elfen Lied 3 times, I think, maybe only 2 though. I've tried to watch Bleach but something came up when I was trying to watch the first episode and I never remembered to go back and watch it.

Oh, I forgot, and Avatar: The Last Airbender was something I watched a lot of a few years ago. I loved that show! I still do, but it's been a long time since I've seen it.

Anadros

I am a huge anime fan if you want to talk about anime id be glad to my friend

Vidiic wrote:

Oh than by all means share what animes you like :D

Naruto is my all time favorite anime. Period. It's badass and inspiring imo. Next would be Dragonball Z. Favorite anime as a kid. Then Yu-Gi-Oh. Then Pokemon. And Ive seen every avatar it was pretty good. And Bleach wasnt half bad either.

Riddly Dun wrote:
Vidiic wrote:

Oh than by all means share what animes you like :D

One of my favorite of all time is Soul Eater. My other favorite are Excel saga (crazy stupid funny show), Ga-Rei Zero is a great show as well but its a prequel to the manga.
Ghost Talkers Daydream is one of my all time favs if you don't mind a little mild nudity and sexual themes. You actually seem more of the comedy type of guy I don't know why so a great comedy is Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan it's one of the best shows iv ever watched but made me mad with an ending that makes no sense. Those are just a few so maybe we can actually go more in depth sometime lol

Gundam, Bleach, Death Note, Ereka 7, S-Cry-Ed, Blood+, Cowboy beebop, and a few others I can't remember the names of. Half of those I listed I completed watching.

I love anime just sometimes I don't wanna end it cause some of them end real well some of them end badly. Especially Death Note and S-Cry-Ed, even I hated the ending of Blood plus cause the main enemy only wanted to start a family and dies in the end.
Lord Marvel

Dragon Ball and DBZ - best Anime ever, I was raised on it ^_^

Naruto - fun Anime to watch, nice fights, a bit of drama, very cool.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood - Great Anime, very fun to watch, great fights, interesting story.

Full Metal Panic and FMP Fumofu - First one is funny at first but as story progress it gets more serious, second one is just lots of laugh for entire series.

One Piece - Very funny Anime, lots of awesome fights, shows friendship, determination, sacrifice... there are very touching moments there HappyI am not ashamed to admit that I shed a tear few times while watching this Happy

Berserk - Middle ages Anime with bit of demons and magic, lots of blood, nice fights, awesome main hero, very nice series.

Those would be my top Anime that I can advice to anyone to give them a chance Happy

If someone would be interested in movie, than I mostly advice Mononoke Hime (Princess Mononoke) which is very nice movie... I have watched it 5 times already and I think I will watch it more in future Happy

Captain Bubbles

Azno Chozulo wrote:
Blood+

This! Although I disagree with you on the ending, I personally LOVED it. It is so open ended! I'm not much into anime, but that one really got my attention and I devoured it, and loved the entire story. I wished they would have gone into more detail of where the Queen Mother actually came from - space?

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Markis. D Thatch

Ahh Anime and Manga...gotta love em

My favorite Anime's include: Gundam Wing, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny, 00 Gundam, Trigun, Inuyasha, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, One Piece, Fairytail, Tenchi Muyo Series, Evangelion, Bleach, Highschool of the Dead, Ouran High Academy and the Dragon Ball Series.

Mangas include: One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Arago, and 1/2 Prince

Lord Marvel

Markis. D Thatch wrote:
Ahh Anime and Manga...gotta love em

My favorite Anime's include: Gundam Wing, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny, 00 Gundam, Trigun, Inuyasha, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, One Piece, Fairytail, Tenchi Muyo Series, Evangelion, Bleach, Highschool of the Dead, Ouran High Academy and the Dragon Ball Series.

^This I forget to mention, great comedy in space-western world Happy awesome anime

Also I want to add one more

Hellsing - dark Anime about Vampires, really great story Happy

Crox Rava

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood rocked my socks.

The first anime I ever saw was Dragon Half. Kookie chibi fantasy/comedy. I highly recommend it and I'm pretty sure it's on Youtube in its entirety.

I also enjoyed Trigun, Excel Saga, Cowboy BeBop, and Black Butler. I don't just love anime in general, but these all had something for me.

Photobucket
Zoron Ror

What would you guys recommend that is similar to Cowboy Bebop? I love Space Operas.

Zoron Ror wrote:
What would you guys recommend that is similar to Cowboy Bebop? I love Space Operas.

Firefly.

Photobucket
Zoron Ror

Crox_Rava wrote:
Zoron Ror wrote:

Firefly.

Loved it big grin , any more? Thanks.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: