re: Book Recommendations

For anyone that is interested in Japan and/or samurai I would recommend:
Musashi series by Eiji Yoshikawa
Shogun by James Clavell

Sci-fi lovers:
Dune series by Frank Herbert
Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky

Well if you are looking for a thriller that takes places in modern times, i recommend The Gray Man by Mark Greaney I don't know how many times i have read the book i just love it... It's sequel is on target.......

A semi Sci-fi end of the world type deal book that I love is Without Warning by John Birmingham. It is a very interesting take on a tragic event and i love it.... but i think the sequel, After America is better and it is tied with another book for my favorite book of all time ( and i love reading)

Lastly, a book that I love for many reasons which is a historical fiction/thriller book is Black Cross by Greg Iles. I have re-read this book so many times and i really think it is worth the read if you like somewhat mindless action/thriller books were the details are there but you can imagine what you want. That goes for all these books and these 5 are at the top of my recommend list just cuz they are all amazing books..........................

........... I like reading...
Riddly Dun

Forum Image

I got this new book called "Rock, Paper, Tiger". It's about this woman named Ellie Cooper who's a war ex-veteran, living China drifting along life in the contemporary Chinese art scene. But she gets caught up in this conspiracy with terrorists and the government. That involves her kinda-boyfriend, Lao Zhang. She gets dragged along and discovers an online MMO is involved in the middle whole mess.

So far, I'm about half way through the book and I haven't stopped reading it. It's really entertaining and the book itself, is well written. It delves into Ellie and what she feels and thinks as well her vulnerabilities. Reading, I imagined her to look strong willed and defiant. But in reality she is a shaking leafing dealing with everything crumbling around her.

The story so far is a bit open ended, as in it flashes back and forth between her in the present and in the past(during her time as a medic in the army) but it all seemingly points toward the end. I don't know how it's gonna finish but I'm eager to find out.

One book I thought was pretty cool was Metro 2033. I'm sure you've heard of the game based off of it but the stories are completely different, so even if you've played the game you can enjoy the book. It's a sci-fi, post apocalyptic story that's set in the Moscow Metro.
Hakolol

Quote:
Personally I really loved, World War Z

Wow the second I saw the title of this thread I was like, "I'm gonna recommend World War Z!!! Happy but... I guess I'll double recommend this book.

"Too much of a good thing can be.. Wonderful!"
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

The Giver is a great book, it's about a world that seems like a Utopian society, but as you read it you realize something's wrong about how it was set up. It also goes into good depth about the importance of precise language, which has stuck with me ever since I read it in grade school. Pretty eye opening in many ways.

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
The Giver is a great book, it's about a world that seems like a Utopian society, but as you read it you realize something's wrong about how it was set up. It also goes into good depth about the importance of precise language, which has stuck with me ever since I read it in grade school. Pretty eye opening in many ways.

I remember really liking the book, I haven't read it in ages. XD

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: