Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
CMDR Blue R

re: PBF W40k Game - Heart of the Darkness

It is the 41st millennium and in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war...

Forum Image
Two days ago Black Templars' starship Remeeder approached orbit of Veliaze like ominous shadow. There was Rebellion on planet and every Imperial Guard unit sent to Veliaze was join Rebellion. Inquisition was sent to Veliaze, but disappear. However Inquisition didn't order Exterminatus, but call for Black Templars to resolve Veliase's Problem.

Forum Image

Adeptus Astartes invaded Jungle Planet, but this wasn't like others missions. Imperial Guard fight back Space Marines with hate compared to Chaos Space Marines, but there wasn't any sight of chaos on planet. High Marshal Wilhelm Robern swore to find answer for this questions. Answers should be found in Main HQ of Veliaze's Imperial Guard, but this fortress was located deeply in Jungle and protected by strongly batteries of air defence. There was only two ways to reach that place. Landing deeply in Jungle behind enemy lines without heavy support and surprisingly capture fortress or launch mass ground assault and capture HQ with brutal force.

Forum Image
CHAPTER 1: QUESTIONS

Aboard Remeeder, High Marshal Wilhelm Robern gathered Castellans and Chaplin to choose the strategy...

TUTORIAL - PART1

All Right. What's now?

Now, you (Kevin, Kryad) must create name of your characters. This can be useful. This is examples of names in Black Templar chapter:
Forum Image
It's from Deathwatch Rulebook.

And later you can advice your chapter master (LordMarvelpl), which type of attack he should ordered. When chapter Master make decision, I upload screen with Battlefield and give every captain (and chapter master too) list of available units (with short describe) to choose.

Role-play during this "advice" isn't necessary, but it always look good.
And what are differences between Invade and Assault? When you choose "Invade" you get more light units (if we can use term light about Space Marines) support by Dreadnought and you probably won't face strong enemy. And when you choose "Assault" you can get wide amount of heavy support like (for example) Land Raider or Vindicator, but you must break Imperial Guard frontline and enemy HQ will be prepared for your approach.

EDIT

I read that Unbarring want to join. Ofc. there are free places :D And I see he'll take Chaplain.

Last edited by CMDR Blue R on May 2, 2011 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total

=============
Beware! Crazy user inside!
Other nickname: Finek
Lord Marvel

(Even though I love to attack from surprise and prefer light mobile units, this time I will go with chapter tradition ^_^ )

On top of the tactical table stands huge man in black power armor, only white spots are pauldrons, on which there is exposed chapter coat of arms:

Forum Image

His helmet lies on table next to him, thanks to that you are able to see his brown short hair and cold blue eyes, which are now directed at you, after short while he speaks:

- Brothers, the time is upon us, we are on the orbit of Valize, and we need to prepare for attack - he points a place on map - this is where our enemies are stationed. We don`t know yet why Imperial Guardsmen have rebelled against Emperor, but they have to pay for this treachery! - he makes a slight pause, than adds - We should make a full assault and crush them with full power of Emperor Wrath!

UnbarringTomb

As the Chaplain enters the chamber he notices the battleplan,"I would follow the High Marshals plans of attack,they should suffer the Full Firepower of the chapters might,but we must proceed with caution,an Inquisitor is missing,but i since no amount of Chaos Taint,either that or there shrouding there presences"

With a Great and Holy Shout

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

That is our creed Brothers,Do not forget,for our Father and Chapter
timaselj

The apotechary Draco, who will himself be leading another branch of the attack stands up: "I see no fault in this plan. I will make sure that no servant of the Emperor dies if I can help it. And those who do: The fallen shall be forever remembered as the Emperor's finest." With that he started talking into the vox*. The troops under his command would soon be ready for war.

*vox = the communication medium used in the Warhammer universe. There is the long range vox which requires help from psykers or relays to work and the short range, for which the transmiters and emmiters in a regular space marine helmet suffices.

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
Kryad Explo

Techmarine Sigismund looked at the map. "I suggest sending some infantry to scout first, while the heavy units get deployed" He pointed at the map location to check.

CMDR Blue R

SCENARIO 1: Breakthrough

[Map]

Forum Image

White

1 - Inquisition Rhino. Seems Abandon
2 - Bunker (Cover 2+)**
3 - Trench (Cover 3+)
4 - Imperial Guard Vehicles Wrecks
5 - Ruins (Cover 4+)
6 - Hills (Cover 6+)
7 - Rough Terrain (Cover 5+)
8 - Trees (Cover 5+)

Yellow

1 - Ruler. 12'' *
2 - Flamer range template
3 - Big Blast template (Whirlwind, Vindicator, Planetary Bombardment, etc)
4 - Small Blast Template (Plasma Cannon, Cannon, Rocketlauncher, etc)

[Expected Enemy Forces]
<Sorry, I rolled 1 for scout mission>
40-50 Imperial Guards with little heavy support (Mortars, Heavy Bolters)

Info: You don't have any reinforces and forces you choose are used in whole battle (at least 3 scenarios if you won all of them [Breakthrough-Main Forces-Headquarters). Don't worry. I balanced that game, so you should be able to won.... I think....
Ah. I almost forgot... When you use Drop Pod.... It left on battlefield... So if you use drop pod during this scenario, unit in next scenario will be on foot. Ofc. you can left Drop Pod with units in reserves.

TUTORIAL 2

*Inches are standard W40k game measuring system. Weapons table is scaled in inches. Infantry can standard move up to 6'' per turn (up to 12'' when charging). Vehicle during combat can move up to 6'' when firing or up to 12'' when don't fire.

**Cover. When unit is hit, GM roll save roll. It can be cover, armour or inv roll (the lowest number. If roll is passed, unit take no wound.
for example. Space Marine Captain Armour 3+, Inv 4+, is in cover 4+. He gets one hit. So I roll Armour check. If I roll 3,4,5 or 6, he don't get wound)
Unit can't roll save roll when weapon have AP value equal or lower than armour value. Unit can't roll cover save, when enemy is 2'' or closer. Inv roll can be rolled always.
Space Marines have armour 3+ or 2+ (Terminators)
Cover is also rough terrains, so unit move not 6'' but d6''.

Instant death. If unit take damage from weapon 2 times stronger than toughness of character (6 for human, 8 for space marine) and don't pass save roll it's die even if have 1000000000 HPs. Even Space Marine Chapter Master can't survive directly hit from orbital bombardment.

Weapons list:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5j2s0n

Range: Maximal Range. Whirlwind has also minimal range. X mean that Orbital Bombardment can attack any place on map.
Str: Strength of weapon
AP: Armour Piercing Ability

What else can be interested you...

Heavy: Unit without terminator armour can't move while shooting.
Blast: Small blast
Ord.: Big Blast
Assault: Weapon can be used while charging at enemy. (after attack, unit can enter close combat)
Rapid: When shooting at half of range, unit shoot 2 times. When unit move, it can shoot only at half of range
Number after this name: Rate of fire. Number of attack in round

You don't need to know others names. I know this rules and I'll be using them, so don't worry :D You also don't need to know rate of fire or type of weapon, but it can be useful to find the good tactics.

=============
Kbrury

Techmarine Kurik enters the room to overhear the battleplan. His batallion had recently received a few units specializing in artillery and he couldn't wait to try them out on the enemy.

"I'll have my men lay down suppression fire where it's needed, just give me some coordinates."

CMDR Blue R

DEPLOYMENT PHASE

Deployment map:
Forum Image

Bigger Size:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yoz8wa

Bases:
Green - Lord Marvel
Blue - Unbarring
Black - Kbrury
Violet - Kryad
Brown - Timasejl

Numbers next to Imperial Guard:
1 Commander, Medic, Standard Bearer
2 Lascannon
3 Mortars
4 Rocket Launchers
5 Heavy Bolters
6 Flamers

Every unit can enter battlefield from down side (unit must enter map to fight).
Terminators and Drop Pods with units can be ordered to deep strike enemy forces. They can be ordered to land (or teleport) at any point of map, but they are delayed 2-4 turns. Once used Drop Pod stay on map and unit will be on foot for rest of game.
For now on map can be deployed only HQ and 2 troops, so basically, only Kryad can deploy his troops on light green area. Enemy forces are deployed (but they also can be supported by reserves).

So, now Kryad can deploy his motorised troops or stay outside battlefield. When he decided (ofc. you can advice), we start 1st turn, when your forces can enter battlefield.
And if you want start attack from Drop Pod Assault (which can be used in 3rd turn (1turn - order , 2 turns of delay), just don't put forces on battlefield before that turn.

You have good contact, so you can giving orders from outside of battle or talk with each other.

And now. How deploy troops?
You take map, open it in any graph program (for example Microsoft Paint) and draw it. ofc. you can draw (fe.) red and blue area and told that this units in this area, that in blue.

For example:
Forum Image

This is screen from PBF game Last Battle (First Battle Series [BTW. Who call game Last Battle and print it in First Battle Series? It look ridiculous). Warsaw Pact forces (4 players) deployment order.

Deploy order:
Lord Marvel - not avaliable for this moment
Kbrury - not avaliable for this moment
Unbarring - not avaliable for this moment
Timaselj - not avaliable for this moment
Kryad - orders sent

Last edited by CMDR Blue R on May 7, 2011 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

=============
Kryad Explo

Well after some talking and gathered some advice from Marv, I choose to stay outside battlefield.

CMDR Blue R

TURN 1

Action:
Private Othar sneezed.
Sinister silence was breaked by distant sound of tracked vehicles.....

Map:
Forum Image

Bigger Size:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yoz8wa

Orders:
Lord Marvel - orders given
Kbrury - orders given
Unbarring - orders given
Timaselj - orders given
Kryad - orders given

[TUTORIAL PART 3]

How give orders? Simple = better.

You can draw arrows on map and write, what arrow means.
F.e. Red arrow is Predator which firing at enemy, and blue arrow is Predator which drive at full speed.

You can describe that.
F.e Two Predators enter map using road. One drive half speed and firing, second drive at full speed toward enemy

Remember, that Drop Pods or Terminators can land on any place on map, with delay of 2-4 turns (and dislocation is also possible).

Last edited by CMDR Blue R on May 9, 2011 3:32 pm; edited 5 times in total

=============
timaselj

First off, I hope I did it right. Now let's get playing! Happy

Forum Image

The apotechary gives the order to move. All three squads advance slowly, as not to draw enemy fire. As they stop, they see they are pretty much in cover from the enemy positions. However, they cannot deploy their weapons without getting some cover first. Or at least a distraction. Draco speaks into the vox: "Would anyone be kind enough to make a distraction so my men can take their positions? We still need a plan, but that is just what we need to get rid of some heretical scum!"

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
CMDR Blue R

timaselj wrote:
First off, I hope I did it right.

If you want to move through this forest, so you do it right.

=============
Kryad Explo

Kryad answer in the vox "We will send something to take down their Mortar, so don't move to far in." Waiting on that before he he moves his stuff in.

UnbarringTomb

Chaplain Navarre opens up a Vox to command,'Ill deep Strike my Terminator Squad and myself behind enemy lines and take out there mortars on the right side'

May the Emperor protect.

Forum Image

Last edited by UnbarringTomb on May 8, 2011 5:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Forum Image

- Let them feel the Emperor Wrath striking from the sky!

Last edited by Lord Marvel on May 7, 2011 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: