75%
 75%  [ 46 ]
Other (Post about it)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 61

---Aux---

re: Flashpoints/Battle Fields: Scheduled, Unscheduled

Scheduled events would be assigned specific dates, in which people get together, and do X Flashpoint/Battle Field, etc.

If an event would be with signups, people would post that they planned to attend, and then would join on the day. First signups get in, later signups are on stand by in case there is room.

Non-signup events would be handled on a first come, first serve basis, with people showing up first being the first to participate.

Unscheduled events would just occur spontaneously from those online at a given time

It is the opinion of the leadership that a combination of all these options should be used, but we would like your opinions. Please feel free to say whatever you wish on the subject in this thread, but do not create other threads on the subject.

Shame this is not multiply choice poll...

I would say that there should be scheduled events with sign ups with time limit to sign up at least 2-3 days before event, because than people who will signup will be expected to be there (of course excluding some unexpected rl events that might occur) and we will have more or less idea how many groups we will have, if we will need some pugs (maybe from friendly guilds if they won`t have anything to do atm) and maybe how we will need to approach Flashpoint/Warzone (since as it was said they won`t be always the same and will depend of our choices in/before flashpoint).

I am also in favorite of doing unscheduled events like running some flashpoint to help get item for one of us or some specific component for crafting. And if there will be willing people to run some PvP for fun Happy

Landscaper

Seems like a fair amount of guild members are playing Champions Online with game nights, contests and other goodies are being set up as we all level up.

The experience that Pax Republica gains from playing Champions will afford us the oppurtunity to address this...and other concerns regarding crafting, loot, pugs and game nights.

Landscaper, 'cuz I mow 'em down baby!
Kbrury

Poll will be really skewed in this situation. Better off just getting opinions.

Well I think it's a given we should operate like we always have with both Scheduled and Non Scheduled Events. When TOR comes out you just add sign-ups, those who sign up get priority into the group and those who are avaliable will fill empty spots.

Pinoyfury

I like both sign up and unschedule. Sign ups would be more for people like me who have to keep a schedule due to a job, or other obligations. When I was in college I didn't really have to plan anything but now I get anxious if I am like 1 hour behind on my schedule. Raids would be an obvious thing to schedule, but for those who want to schedule an instance/flashpoint run (or even chained runs) that would greatly help people like me who needs to keep a schedule.

Photobucket
AstralProjection

For me, I'd say a mix of all of those options would be ideal. I think when we're actually closer to the endgame we'll have a better idea of what we'll need for scheduled events.

People are going to want to do spur-of-the-moment Flashpoint runs on their own no matter what.

It's a nice feature to also include scheduled guild runs, just to improve on our overall sense of community and I think it looks like we all agree that we'd like them as well.

As far as the signups or no signups question, that would probably really depend on the demand. At first thought I'd say we wouldn't need signups at first, until we saw what the demand really was for different Flashpoints and Warzones, but it might be nice to include it from the start. That way there are no surprises or let-downs. It's extremely disappointing to think that you're showing up at the scheduled time and you're about to go on an instance run with your friends, to find out that you're the odd-man out, and you have to go off and do something by yourself.

We have these awesome boards, I'd say let's use them and schedule signups to avoid that potential pitfall. I'm much more of a spur of the moment dungeon crawler, but with difficult content, or PVP outings, I certainly like to have a good time scheduled and know in advance when I'm tacking it so I can prepare.

Just my $0.02.

Awarded:

From my MMO experience with LOTRO, you basically have your party-instances, and your raids, which are made up of at least two groups and take a lot of coordination and class balance to make the run go smoothly. The raid is also usually designed to take more than one night to complete because there are so many encounters and stages.

If that's the case, than it pretty much becomes a game of logic... the party-instances will happen unscheduled, more or less every night, when enough interested players are online. Raids, on the other hand, will usually have a weekly reset timer, and should be scheduled to ensure we get the right amount of players and the right balance of classes online (I'm still hoping Bioware keeps to their word that class balance won't be as important in this game as it is in other MMOs, because of companions... that you could possibly have an all Jedi Knight raid would be possible). This can also help us track who is attending raids, who is winning what loot, etc.

More votes people. People complain about a lack of democracy but when given opportunities to have their views counted, not even 1/4 of the community bothers to use that privilege lol. *shakes head*

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Atrayu Yung

I think for raids and such that have a weekly reset you need it to be scheduled. In WoW my guild ran two raid nights a week that were official signups, and then one unofficial on the weekends. Unofficial meant it might go or it may not, depending on how many people signed up for it. The leaders who ran the official runs did not signup for the unofficial. That way if we had people who didn't make the official raid could organize one on the weekend.

As for BG's and instances with no weekly reset I think unscheduled works best. That way you can grab whoever is online and run a BG. So I vote for both scheduled and unscheduled.
Palindora
Aestel Cooper
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Well obviously we need more information on raiding sizes and how long the instance will take.
Though I'd say for PvE generally longer progression content raids should be scheduled, but shorter ones we can leave unplanned.

PvP is fine to just be pickup and go though no harm in us scheduling it.

I'm much more of a spontaneous unscheduled type of guy, but when we hit the raiding scene - we'll be required to adhere to a schedule with sign-ups. Also wouldn't mind having designated PvP-only hours - keeps the focus of the guild sharp and cohesive and allows us to implement/develop legitimate team tactics.

We should pretty much keep it to something similar to what we have right now with 5 days of scheduled events. We could have 3 days for PvP, 2 for Raiding, and 2 for unscheduled events/free days. It's important to have free days because if the entire week was scheduled with events the guild would become more like a job. Really we should never go above 5 days of scheduled events.

Lord Marvel

Kbrury wrote:
We should pretty much keep it to something similar to what we have right now with 5 days of scheduled events. We could have 3 days for PvP, 2 for Raiding, and 2 for unscheduled events/free days. It's important to have free days because if the entire week was scheduled with events the guild would become more like a job. Really we should never go above 5 days of scheduled events.

Unless we would like it, besides, it`s not like we would be able to make only scheduled instances/PvP side of those we can do whatever Happy

I would like to know if there will be lockdown on raids like in WoW.

Kbrury

Well those free days I'm sure we would do stuff but any guild needs breaks between Raiding and PvP. Plus like most Raiding guilds you use those days to to prepare for the next event, testing out new builds, gathering consumables, helping a guildie level.

AstralProjection

Gaiutus wrote:
More votes people. People complain about a lack of democracy but when given opportunities to have their views counted, not even 1/4 of the community bothers to use that privilege lol. *shakes head*

You have a lot to learn about us Americans, Gai ; ) Though I must say not watching our electoral coverage is probably a good thing. We WANT the right to vote, but we also want the right to be lazy and not do it!

It's called having your cake, and eating it too.

Tee hee...sorry not trying to hijack the thread, I just already posted my opinion...so...BUMP

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: