View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: Change of Activity... Shawn's 3rd/4th career reimagining

So ya, I got terminated yesterday.  Long story short, my curiosity got the best of me, and I did a dumb HIPAA violation error that I didn't realize was that serious, and instead of giving me a slap on the wrist, they felt they had to do that to "be consistent" with the 3 or 4 other people they've done this too recently, which I told the HR director straight to her face that this seems to indicate a problem in the training.  She kept referencing the training I got for corporate compliance back in May, and maybe we did cover that item for like 10 minutes in the middle of an 8 hour training day, but that apparently wasn't enough for me to realize how serious it was.

Anyway, I'll be back to speed in no time.  I did have some pretty dark thoughts after, considering just yesterday I was told I would be fine, so getting fired felt like a kick to the nuts, and everything I've been through in the last few years losing jobs I felt like something was wrong with me and maybe I should just end things... but nope, I'll push on.  I'll find an even better job or a similar job, maybe something that pays me what I could be earning with a master's degree instead of a job that just feels cushy and fun like that one did.  I will miss how I was directly helping people every day out of crises situations, but who knows perhaps I can do better.  

Sorry to hear about all that.   Do try to stay upbeat since, as you say, you will definitely come out of this stronger in the future.  

Iolo'pax
Officer

UGH!!!!!

Chin up buckaroo!!!! You are too good not to land somewhere. As the song goes, every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Pro hockey goalie.... Just saying it's an option  ;)

You kept loyal leading this guild for like a decade? It's their loss, good luck to them finding a replacement for a loyal person like yourself, and when you are replaced, it is then when they will realize their mistake. By then you will be elsewhere, with one more experience that makes you stronger. You will get back on your feet. The Force is strong in you Boss.

Kayllek Veran
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

Shawn, I'm sorry this happened to you.  Things like this happen though, it is the way of life.  Man was meant to suffer.  It isn't easy, but man is it worth it.

From one Catholic to another, He has a plan for everyone.  We can't see it, and we don't know what he intends, but when you find it, you'll find it.  Life is a struggle, but it's a fun ride.  And looking back on it, you won't regret a moment.  There are plenty of releases in this day and age like video games, so take advantage. 

You've got more options now which is awesome, so take the time to sort stuff out, and then get right back on the grind.   Remember, when life is tough, have faith.  I know that you are a very religious guy aswell, so I urge to you keep to your roots.  Getting more involved with your Parish isn't bad either, and also a good release.

Plus, you've got a guild of like 60 of your closest friends, which is pretty awesome if you ask me!

We were given the gift of life for a reason - find things, try things, get stronger, explore cool experiences, live free

Awarded:

Thanks guys :D

What kind of violation if you don't mind me asking?

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

meh, I was working with another "Morin" and got curious and searched my own name in the chart out of a weird curiosity about if there were other Shawn Morins.  This was not need to know information so it was a breach.

Jump to: