View previous topic :: View next topic  

For the forums, should there be different member "ranks" based on length of time in the guild that you see on the member roster and when people post?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Don't care
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: Update to Forum "Ranks" - POLL

As we are a multi-gaming guild, it makes sense our ranking system will be different in different MMOs or other games we play based on players in that game having different activity/skill/leadership potential.

I went ahead and finally changed the forum "ranks" like I have wanted to since the guild meeting.  The forum "ranks" are now simply reflective of the amount of time someone has been in the guild.  Peacekeeper for a new full member, Legionnaire for 6+ months with the guild, Justicar with 1+ year, and Marshal for 2+ years.  This is not meant to show any kind of authority or hierarchy, but to just give a bit of information about each other for those that are curious, and to kind of recognize and appreciate the loyalty and length of friendship we've had with each other.

Members who are part of the overall leadership team that help me keep things running smoothly in either game due to their activity level are indicated by the "officer" title and have access to the Admin area of the forums.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions/objections. For example, should the Officer title show   Thanks!

-------------------

I wrote that all up and then I decided, I'd like input from you all.  

The way ranks look as of this writing is option "Yes"... you can see how long someone has been in the guild next to their name or when you click "Roster" at the top.  And officers get a yellow name.

But maybe the "delineation" of people by ranks makes people feel uncomfortable?  Or you think it just looks clunky as you browse the forums?  Let me know. 

We don't even necessarily have to have the Admin "rank" that people see, I can just give access to the officer forum on the back-end to anyone of any "rank".  That way as you browse it's not like anyone is any more "special" than anyone else, if that is bothersome to people.  Then again, maybe it's useful for people new to the site or otherwise to see who is on the leadership team.

Last edited by Nwahs on March 8, 2017 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

re: Update to Forum "Ranks" - POLL

Changing my vote to Yes.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: