View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: KotET story discussion (spoilers!)

What did people think?  I loved it.  SO MANY CHOICES!

I actually got ver-klempt and emotional and cried when I finally ended Valkorian.  As a Jedi Knight who fought him long ago at lvl 50, and had him destroy Ziost and keep escaping me... I honestly was overwhelmed as a person when he died.  It was so rewarding and great.  I felt a huge weight off my shoulders.

The choices to save or kill Arcann and Scorpio were so hard for me.  I play a Jedi Knight who looks to do the right thing, and serve the light side... but not at the expense of being a naive warrior.  I will do what must be done... if an enemy is too dangerous to be kept alive, or threatens me or other people, he dies. 

I chose to try to kill Arcann... for all he had done, and believing, even in his weakened state, he needed to be destroyed.  Senya defended him and I fought her to protect myself... I Didn't have a choice to just defeat her and rebuild our friendhsip.  She died.  I got so sad :(

Scorpio... ya right!  After all she did, after seeing how manipulative she can be and dangerous she can be, basically able to control hundreds of thousands of droids with just her mind-network... why would I spare her and let her have what she wants?  Dead.

It was cool though... as the story went on, I started feeling, in-character and out of character, that maybe I should have spared Arcann.  Maybe I should have tried to redeem him.  I started rationalizing it and saying it was a heat of the war-moment.  I wished he could have been my companion.  On another character I suppose I'll enjoy that and see if there are conversations with him.  

The ending:  Pretty great.  I wanted to know more about did we help Coruscant and Dromund Kaas enough when they were being attacked by the fledging Eternal Fleet?  Why exactly are the Republic and Sith going back to war with each other?  Did our Alliance not inspire anyone to work together?  Maybe it's simple territorial disputes over planets and resources again, which makes sense in a galaxy like that, I guess.

I liked it but I did not love it. It's better because it was really easy to be better than KotFE. But Scorpio plugs in and plugs out and then asks you for permission to plug in and upload itself to the station. Sunddely you use Valyin's condition line against Valkorian with no explanation. I originally suspected its because he absorbed her spirit but you set it free so it makes no sense there at all. Story written for force users only, the non force users are totally out of story and are forced to be something they cannot be and are not. Even some force users have nothing specific, the expansion is mostly related and attached to Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior because their core stories as well as Shadow of Revan are directly related to it. KotFE did too many things wrong for KotET being able to shine, if KotFE was as good as KotET, then KotET would be masterpiece now. They excluded too many important companions for return, they are only being mentioned here and there. Arcann did not come with face mask as companion :(

Myriinn
sir_valor
Member - 1 Year

Didnt like the buildup in Kotfe of Valk being changed,  scions says hes here to help, valk magically mastering thr light side, marr and satele says the sense a change then turns out hes still evil just wanted a younger body with vaylins powers.. liked killing saresh though been wanting to do that since vanilla lol

Seuhae
Officer

With my Smuggler the using Vaylin's conditioning against Valkorian was explained in a simple and succinct manner, "my mind, my rules".  It is a battle fought in your mind will versus will.  Makes sense and works for me as you taking back who you are to clear Valkorian from your mind.  It may not work for others, but it is what it is.

Jump to: