View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kayllek Veran
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

re: Pax Memories

This is a thread to post all those laughable, fun-filled, memorable memories that we've all shared of the past 7 years together.  Please post, and feel free to come back and add more.

I'll start us off...

1.) I remember meeting our fearless leader, Shawn, at our Church in NH.  That was 3.5 years ago.  I was a bit younger, and he was my Religious Ed. teacher.  We started off with introductions, and he went first.  "I'm an avid movie-goer, nerd, and a bit of a Star Wars fanatic.  I also lead a group of players in a Star Wars game."  Now, I've played PC games since I was like, younger, so I blurted out, "Which ONE?"  SWTOR was the answer, so I freaked out and picked his brain after.  Needless to say, I joined the guild a month later after going through the trials and app process, which I'll note, was a bit more complicated compared to today.  I look back and feel a bit weird that I was playing games online with a guy 10 years older than me, but I don't care, and I love this guild.  Shawn and I are great friends, and we even saw The Force Awakens the night it was released.  So much awesome.  Few more years and I know we'll be seeing the next movies and then carpooling down to see the rest of yall :)

-I'll add more after this ball gets rollin'

Last edited by Kayllek Veran on July 17, 2016 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

A few years ago I drove down to Crassic's apartment to meet him and Shawn.  We went out to a country bar and a regrettably heard Shawn do karaoke.  Then last year I had to go to Boston on a business trip and took an afternoon for lunch and drink with the grand Master again.  I never thought I would meet people in a game that I want to meet in RL but Pax is just that special.  I hope to share many more drinks with the rest of you soon. 

Empiricus
Empiricis
Officer

That one time Revan talked Shawn into thinking saving the galaxy was the wrong thing to do and convinced him to suicide. We killed Revan anyways.

I don't have any RL stuff. I do remember a group of Paxian's PvPing. Start of the Alderaan match, Nwah's said he would take the gun at Snow. He captures it and then goes AFK to literally go and make a pizza without telling us.(No doubt a sign in our leaders faith to dominate the warzone)  A short while later someone realizes his health-bar going down but he hasn't made a call for inc. We call out to him on TS and he was like, 'Sorry everyone, Pizza was ready (or something to that effect).

He was right, we still won the match but it was funny as heck at the time. Not sure he was ever allowed pylon duty after that haha

Awarded:

So many guild raid firsts that I was part of. Also, coming in to the guild on my trials, rolling right in to a raid (KP if I recall correctly,) and we all worked like a well oiled machine.

Of course there can't all be positives, so I'll share a negative: the guild was going on a raid that I had signed up for and I got bypassed for someone with better gear. It wasn't the being passed over, it was the way some of the people replied. This isn't to bitch or badmouth the guild, it is to prove a point. I was so very close to leaving the guild at that moment, but I decided to stay. I was mad for a while, but I got over it. The other negative I have is my own. Due to my schedule, I became unable to do anything with the guild. Such is life. The reason I share these things is that much like life, there are ups and downs to everything, and the true measure of a person/guild etc. is how things are in the long run.

I use to think Shawn was a big meanie lol. The first time I met you all was in sm tfb when it first came out , I came to heal with satia.  I never done it before and Shawn kept calling out my mistakes :)  but I made great friends with Soulless that night.  And I thought satia was the most awesome best healer I ever saw and we also became great friends after that but it took me I think a year before I agreed to raid with ya again. I did run a bit with soulless and frostie ...a few others but not a guild run and I learn that Shawn wasn't a meanie after all , he's actually a big lovable guy who makes one of the bestest friends to have around :)

Awarded:

I got to meet Satiata, Lord Marvel and Aestel in Berlin during a meet-up and they came running up to me even though they didn't know what I looked like. I believe it's because, even in Germany, I look so obviously American but they said it's because I looked too happy, I HAD to be in PR. 

Awarded:

:D this thread gives me so many feels.  I feel compelled to post something inspiring and moving.  For now I'll just give the first memory which comes to mind...

One of my favorite moments ever was in SWTOR, Black Hole world PvP.  We sent someone out to lure some sith and there were like 12 of us hiding behind a pillar, we all ganged up on him and had it on video.  It was amazing.  There have been so many videos of EPIC raiding kills that I'm so glad I have on my YouTube channel that I never want to lose, I go back and watch some of them every few months because it brings back great memories.  I also remember the days before SWTOR even came out where as a guild we (by "we" I guess I really mean a lot of people that aren't in the guild anymore and only I or maybe Travis Cook/Aestel would remember) played poker and Battlefield Free and Warhammer and other games together to pass the time.

I remember how in the launch days I was very wrapped up in our guild ranks and moving up hte ranks and becoming the Jedi Knight Leader.  Then moving up to officer.  Then becoming Guild Leader.  I remember that feeling of child-like wonder and ambition as if going through guild ranks was a big deal.  Maybe to some of you it still is, and I hope it is!  We also had the awards system with ribbons like the military and all kinds of stuff. That was cool.  

I have strong memories of every "blind" run of all the major SWTOR raids that we did as a guild in story mode with no strategy guides or prior knowledge.  Those were awesome.

I've had tons of fun with Dom and Nylos in WoW and Overwatch, that's really fun.  

I've met PolishRifle a few times, I met Spaff at his place with PolishRifle, I met a guildie called Tadrius who was only like 16 so his older sister was there and we met at a pizzahut... I also met someone else I think but I forget... well Bears obviously lol.  

Ok, I guess that's it for now :)  Good thread!

Awarded:

Oh, I wanted to share I also remember lots of bad times that we were always able to get through because of strong leadership and officers in the guild.  We've had like 3 or 4 major "schisms" that would have killed most guilds but we've stayed very very strong.

Jump to: