View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemasis Darkshadow

re: SWTOR Raid Team - Day Ops

'ello folks, 

I'm very new around here and like any stranger who shows up on the doorstep in the middle of the night I come with some baggage. The emotional kind is for my therapist to worry about but the gaming kind is what I've spoken with some of the officers about. I'm based in Ireland so my timezone is GMT putting me 5 hrs ahead of the EST, 6 hrs ahead of Central and 8 hrs ahead of PST. DST currently changes that a little bit right now to 4/5/7 hr differences respectively.

There has always been a difficulty for me to find a stable raid team to run with due to my time zone and the only time I've managed to raid consistently was with something called a "Day Ops" team. They would run at 2pm EST on two days each week. That put the raid at around 7pm for me which was perfect. After speaking with Ciervo and Naar during my interview there are some options that can be pursued: 

(1) Interest in running a Day Ops team with current members needs to be gauged. If running ops during US day time sounds interesting to you then please reply to this thread.

(2) If sufficient interest is not present or more likely if work is blocking a day ops team from forming then some additional recruitment may be needed. I've stated during my interview that I'm more than happy to assist with this and to abide by current recruitment policy so as to not undermine the quality over quantity system currently in place.

(3) The lady who referred me to Pax Republic (Nottee / Te'va) emailed me in game last night and explained that three or four of her friends want to assemble a day ops team in the coming weeks. This provides a good option for our efforts with building a day ops team from within the guild. If we have enough to form our own day ops team then we could run alts with Nottee's group and if we're short of day ops players from within then we could possibly run a combined team with them.

Overall I'm looking to establish what level of interest we have in the guild currently for doing operations during the US day time (exact times can be worked out once we know who is involved). Please reply here with your thoughts.

p.s. before anyone decides to go for a laugh at my expense, YES, my therapist does operate on GMT and as such is not subject to the same problems as my raiding :-p

Seuhae
Officer

Monday-Friday I work.  Saturday is clean the house.  I could probably go with a Sunday daytime group.  We used to have a group that ran 10 am on Sunday from among the EU guild members.  Hopefully some of them respond in here.

Mazi, one of our officers  hosted a Sunday raid team for people that live on different time zones. I am not sure when they will be picking back up on it but I know they had some good runs :)

Mondays and Tuesdays are my "weekends" for the most part. Sometimes schedule changes due to work. However, I'd be more than willing to help out on those days if they are scheduled then :)

Nemasis Darkshadow

UPDATE:

I've exchanged a couple of PMs with Mazi and it looks like that Sunday Ops group will be picking back up again in early April which is good news. We'll have a chat on TeamSpeak next week to talk through that stuff. 

Nottee / Te'va has been mailing me in game about the option of combining Pax players with some of her people for ops run during US day time and is at the stage now where she is asking for me to provide player names and roles so the planning can begin. Things are looking good on that front. 

Nothing has been done on the recruitment front in this regard so far while assessment of our current day ops capability is the primary area of focus.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Yeah I can't really do day ops... well right now I kind of can but I think that will be changing soon as I found some day-work to do while I look for a permanent job!  But I wish you luck.  

Hey All,

Yeah, Sundays 10 AM EST have become inconvenient for me and not many people have been coming lately either, so I was planning on organizing something one evening each week, probably at 8pm GMT which I when I typically get home from work. As usual, it's tough to pick a time that works for everyone, but since Monday works for two people let's try that starting next week and see what happens. :)

As I'm not sure what our group make-up will be, we will plan to do SM raids until/unless we get some regulars!

Mazi

I'd be happy to run an ops one day a week, not a weekend day and 2pm EST works great for me.  

Mazikeena
Member - 3 Years

Ok, then, interested peoples! An event is on the calendar: put your signup where your mouth is! :) Good times await!

Jump to: