Walela

Blasthard

seuhae

zinn

naar

Agenda:

1. Started with what do people think of 4.0

--Tasty:  "We all know that Arcann and Vaylin are banging right?"

--a lot happy with story, a lot happy with quality of life, all raids made viable, lots to do solo

2. State of game

-went over the rumors and offical responses by Bioware about changes coming to servers (PvE/PVP instances, no mega servers, possible server merges in future)

3. Survey Results listed off

-in short, people love the guild, are ok with the game, love our server.  People think our recruiting process and trials is perfect as is, though people think some leniency could come to our activity requirements

State of Guild

opened floor for people to chat

-buck:  want to open up the guild to have other games

-narr-hann: burnout, may branch out to another game, would support a wow guild too

-Lohgan: if we go multi-game, ensure forums support it. a  bit burnt out, but one way to change that and reinvigorate, is to do a new class with a new trinity role

-Brandon-Jinn: a little burn out, waiting for new warzone

-Scuba:  not feeling burn-out, still pushing DPS and competing on Star Parse with community, loving GSF

-Narr-hann:  RP could re-invigorate

-Shawn's notes on his fears about Bioware/EA not committing appropriate resources to SWTOR

-Tasty whatever we do, let's pledge to keep this guild going

-Naar saying hopes story talks about rebuilding the republic, empire

Recruiting

---proposal to remove "only our guild" rule

----naarhan approves

----Lohgan: raid conflicts?

----Tiffs: like other guild more than us?

----Nwahs responds that if people like other guilds more than us, then they probably should just like them more than us and we're better off I guess.  And we can learn from that situation on how we could maybe be better, or we're just not a match for that person.

----scubax suggest absorbing other small guilds... recruiting deputy needs to work with officers to find small guilds that we might be able to absorb.  They would go through Trial process.

----scubax:  on the next survey, how much can you help with recruiting will be a question

---talked about proposal to change application process, can join guild and try out in trainee mode without having to apply right away.  New system proposed is to have people either apply as they do now, or you can /ginvite players from fleet, put them in Initiate rank, lower than Trainee, set member note to "needs to apply" and they have 7 days to apply.  May make the rank called "Needs to Apply" just so it's very obvious to that new person.

PvE

-survey question to ask:  tues always nim, or rotate every few weeks in case people can't make a certain night.

-nightmare: need to post all the things nightmare requires (adrenals, medpacs, all endurance/mastery datacrons, companion boosts, augments, min max mods and enhancements, synergy of class buffs)

PvP

-We'll have a pvp night somewhere in the Mon-Thurs rotation... GSF can work it's way in once a month to start and on weekends

-no one will be upset you don't have pvp gear, you'll be trained, you'll get advice, you'll be helped to get gear

-if you lose a lot, take your lumps, or try lowbies

-Pax tonight (me, brandon, lohgan, pretz) won like 6 out of 7 war zones.  In the last few weeks, at least for Nwahs, when grouped with Pax, won probably 75-80% of warzones.

Proposed changes

-we should have an officer meeting to discuss all these proposed changes especially the multi-guilding and what that will look like

create survey for approval of changes

Awarded:

re: Notes from 2/29 Guild Meeting

I was visiting someone in the hospital today and couldn't attend, but looks like a productive enough meeting. I have to specifically agree with the "whatever happens,  keep the guild" thing. I'm at the point where I like Pax exponentially more than SWTOR, and I would hate to lose it.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

You got it man.  Pax isn't going anywhere.  I have a Pax keychain for gosh sakes! :P  I wonder if there's anyone else in the guild that has one from way back when they were made?

sorry i couldn't make it last night but I fell asleep trying to keep myself awake :(

was a bit late with my first day in the new department an all... meh. anyway, lots of good stuff in there so I might give a more detailed opinion tomorrow ;)

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Tiberias516

I think opening the guild to another game is a bit dangerous, especially since we're already having raid attendance issues.

Frost290
Member - 3 Years

Tiberias516 wrote:

I think opening the guild to another game is a bit dangerous, especially since we're already having raid attendance issues.

Well, we can't just say "hey you can't play that game because our guild in swtor is lacking players". That would just cause more people to leave the guild because if they lost interest in swtor and wanted to play another game, they would have to leave the guild. Also I think raid attendance should be handled in the next few weeks since we are consolidating raid nights, so that way the raiders are not being split between groups.

Sorry I missed the meeting, but thank you for taking such detailed notes. Great discussions and ideas. Now that I got my new hard drive up and running I'll be on more, looking forward to some pvp/gsf :)

Wylan
jpotter56
Veteran

Awarded:

Tiberias516 wrote:

I disagree entirely. I no longer play SWTOR, and we have a clan in Smite and an Org in Star Citizen. There is no reason that we should limit ourselves to SWTOR simply because that is what we founded Pax upon.

I have been gaming for a very longtime. From when you would use phone to get online.

One thing, having a many game guild/clan, opens up up for more players.

Why do I say this?

When playing with others, hey I did not know this guild plays SWTOR.

I am in a dead guild could I join and others?

So it is true raiding on SWTOR is been not the best.

But one-thing will help is all be there on time, and then not disappearing for so long you auto log.

This adds to people getting burnt.

Thank being said, it would be great to expand, what would happen if they say the game is done?

We would have other games to fall back on and still be part of a great guild/clan.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: