View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synaes

re: LOA - Ashas/Synaes (Feb 8)

It's been a Long December filled with sick kids, sick wife, and now sick me. As it stands now, I'm down to just Bronchitis which is progress, but still miserable. I've tried to hop on from time to time, but haven't had the energy to really engage in anything.

To add to this, I start a new job tomorrow and need to travel to Chicago that afternoon. The job is doing something I really enjoy, for significantly more money, so I've elected to suck it up and medicate myself as much as possible to get through it.

Between the two, I'm not sure how much I'll be both out of bed and not working. I will likely be working while in bed once I get back home so I don't see much time for gaming in the near future.

As I don't know when I will be able to really play again, I'm not sure if that really qualifies as an LOA or more of a 'missing persons', but wanted to drop a note so that the appropriate action can be taken regarding my membership.

Otherwise, hope everyone had a decent holiday season and New Year's. Personally, I'm moving the goal post back a bit and will start with the Chinese New Year (Feb 8th). It's the closest to a 'do over' that I could come up with.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Be well and I hope to see you soon!  We really don't want to give indefinite LOAs.  Can you say it will be a month?  Two months?  If not, I guess we'll make you a Veteran and you just tell us when you're back.

I figured the open-endedness of the LoA could be a bit of a problem. Unfortunately, I really have no gauge for how much free time I will have in the near-to-mid future so it is hard to commit to 1, 2, 'x' months. If it is easiest, and conforms best to guild rules, then I am fine with being removed and I can re-apply whenever I finally do get to come back.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Synaes wrote:

I figured the open-endedness of the LoA could be a bit of a problem. Unfortunately, I really have no gauge for how much free time I will have in the near-to-mid future so it is hard to commit to 1, 2, 'x' months. If it is easiest, and conforms best to guild rules, then I am fine with being removed and I can re-apply whenever I finally do get to come back.

That does sound best to me.  Veteran status is another option.  You just have to log onto the forums once every 90 days.  However, Veteran status is designed for Legionnaires or above who leave the game.  They put in enough time that people will certainly know them and remember them well so that when they come back they don't have to do full application status.  I'll say that I think you should reapply when you return.  

Going remove you to Veteran status since you have been on forums in the past 26 days but still haven't been able to play in game, I think this would best suit you :)

Jump to: