View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: My Episode 7 tips to you

As Guild Leader, who takes Star Wars really seriously, I want to give a few tips to people to ensure the most amount of enjoyment of the game and enjoyment of the movie possible.  Feel free to add tips.

1. I highly recommend you create a custom chat tab in-game that removes Allies and General chats until you see the movie.  Or you can take whatever chat tab you have and just turn those off.  (Right click the tab, go to custom chats or whatever).

2. I also highly recommend you do your best to go into the movie with as few expectations as possible.  No matter what you hear... try to just watch it as a standalone movie with the pretext of other star wars movies you've seen.  Whether you have heard good reviews or bad reviews, try to not let that affect how you expect the movie to go...  I hope that makes sense.  I think the worst thing that can happen with a movie sometimes is you go in expecting it to be the best movie you've ever imagined, and then it's not quite that, so you're mad.  Or you expect there to be a certain scene, or a certain line ("Oh man, it was good but they did/didn't say May the Force be with You enough times, or This is Where the Fun Begins or I Have a Bad Feeling About This), and they don't meet your expectation.  Try to remember its not your movie, it's JJ Abrams movie and you either like it or you don't.  I hope that helps, these are tips I've picked up over the years, and had long talks with my flimmaker best friend about.  In the end, you are going to pay between $6 and $20 to see this movie... get your money's worth and enjoy it as much as you can as reasonably as you can.  If it stinks, it stinks, but at least you'll see some explosions and lightsaber battles. Or, it could be the greatest movie ever, who knows :) 

Right now, I am simply avoiding the game and social media until I see it.  Getting some time in Madden though.  Might try to see it tomorrow if I can get permissions.

Awarded:

Ah Madden, can't wait to play some of that on my vacation

Jump to: