View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Gilthresa
Member - 1 Year

re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Discussion - SPOILERS INSIDE

Huge weaving sounds like a hair salon in the ghetto.

Narr-Hann
Member - 1 Year

I ran into this article. Warning it is really long but it makes the Episode 7 callbacks make of sense in the overall structure of the Saga.

Star Wars Ring Theory

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Oh ya, I've been preaching the coolness of the "Ring Theory" for years.  Again, Lucas said that he believes that history repeats itself, especially in family trees, and the movies he made are like different stanzas to the same song... certain elements appear then reappear; there are different words, but the same melody holding it all together.

I found the quote in the article you posted :D

"“[Star Wars] is purposely written like a piece of music, with themes that repeat themselves in different ways, and ideas that reprise from one generation to the next.” 12 However, in The Beginning, a documentary on the making of Episode 1, he instead likens the repetitions to poetry: “Instead of destroying the Death Star [like Luke], [Anakin] destroys the ship that controls the robots. It’s like poetry. Every stanza kind of rhymes with the last one.” 1"

My Rey background theory

Everybody is trying to figure out who Rey is and who left her on Jakku well here I go

The person who left her on Jakku is Kylo Ren/Ben Solo

This answers so many things just follow me. Rey's age is around 19, Kylo's is around 30

Rey was about 5 or 6 when left on Jakku this means Kylo/Ben would have been about 16 or 17

Set the way back machine to when Luke started the new Jedi School.  Kylo as a teenager feels Luke is Holding him back some how he is seduced by Snoke.  Snoke uses Kylo to wipe out the new Jedi school.  Everyone believes this is why Luke goes into hiding because he lost all his students and the betrayal.  I say No.

The real reason Luke goes into Hiding.  Kylo kills all Luke's students but one,  Rey is Luke's daughter or some blood relative.  Snoke believes Kylo wiped out all Luke's student.  Kylo however is still struggling between his light and Darkside.  Can't find it in his heart to kill his cousin.  She completely trusts Kylo because they have been raised together he even dotes on her.  So instead of killing her he kidnaps her and hides her on Jakku.

Kylo then somehow tricks Luke into thinking he's Killed Rey,  Presenting say A burned body of some sort.  In his grief of losing his students and the shock of all that death Luke is unable to differentiate the Death of his daughter from the deaths of all his students in the force.  This is what pushes Luke into hiding.  He takes what he believes is Rey's remains and buries them at the first Jedi temple. Which is where we see him at the end of the Movie. The grave on the planet at the end of the Movie is not Lukes wife but Rey's Grave and he's been there ever since.

In order to hide Rey from Snoke, Kylo wipes her memory.  This is for two reason one to protect Rey the other to hide his failing to kill her from Snoke.  This makes all the conversations to Vader have even more reverence and also makes the scene with Han Solo so much more powerful because not only does he end the conflict of Light and Dark he finds Absolution for allowing Rey to live.  

This also explains his reaction of the Statement of "What Girl?"  If Snoke learns of his deception of keeping Rey alive.  Smoke may dispose of him.  Also it may even help explain the final fight a bit more between Rey and Kylo.  He is holding back because he is remembering all he has sacrificed to try and keep her from Snoke that truly deep down he does not want to kill her and therefore the Light is still in him.

So anyway that's my theory what do you all think?

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Yeah, all that is quite possible!  For some reason I thought Ren looked Rey's age... Adam Driver has a baby face I guess for a 30 year old lol.

Han shoots first again

http://comicbook.com/2016/02/05/fan-fridays-did-han-solo-kill-han-solo-/

Woot, Watching Force Awakens at home with a digital purchase through my Cable Provider YAY!!!

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Yeah!  I watched it last night :D

Page 12 of 12

Jump to: