View previous topic :: View next topic  
P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

re: PolishRifle 24 hours of gaming Nov 7th

On Saturday the 7th I'll be at a local game shop playing games for 24 hours to raise money for Extra-Life and Children's Miracle Network.  One of the main games I will be playing is SWTOR and want to be able to play along side of the greatest group of gamers I've ever met.

I will have a few portions of the day where I'm committed to running the days activities but I really hope I can get in some GF raids, GSF, PvP, Flashpoints, Conquest, and everything else this game has to offer.

If anyone is interested we can add some activities throughout the day, Since I'll be available for 24 hours I should be able to hang out with any and all of you on November 7th.

If anyone is interested in sponsoring me for charity the link is below.

www.Extra-Life.org/participant/bklees

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Awesome man, I'm sure I'll log in at some point in the late afternoon :D

I'll definitely log in for this!

Awarded:

For any of you not friends with me on facebook or newer members may not understand my dedication to Extra-Life.  Its a 24 hour gaming marathon for Children's Miracle Network.  Here is a copy of my facebook post earlier today...

This week I have been bombarded with emails and stories from my friends at Children's Miracle Network about why we all make Extra-Life a big part of our lives.  

When Alex was born she spent about 6 hours in Pediatric Intensive care because she was stubborn and didn't want to breathe right away.  Diana Gospodarek Klees​ was stuck in her hospital room still numb from surgery but I was permitted to go up and see her.  She was in the back corner and on the way to her "bed" I passed by a dozen children that were much worse off than mine.  Alex was a giant in that room at 7.5 pounds, I saw babies that looked like they would fit in the palm of my hand.

Alex came down to my wife's room not long after and we have been blessed ever since with not just one but two healthy happy little girls.

Not everyone is as blessed as my family.  I know too many families who have children fighting diseases I never knew existed and are doing everything they can to string together a few small victories to help win the war against these diseases.

Children's Miracle Network helps those kids take their minds of their daily battles and help them have a little fun.  It goes beyond that, CMN is there for the parents going through horrible ordeals and siblings of these kids who have to come along and stay at the hospital during treatments for their brothers and sisters.

On Nov 7th I'll be playing games with and for these families to raise money for CMN.  I know many people wait until the day of the event to make a donation and it truly is an inspiration to keep going.  Help me string together a few small victories so we can win the war and help these kids and families not as fortunate as us.  By a small victory I mean just $5, seriously that's less than a meal at a fast food restaurant and I promise you'll feel better helping kids than you will after than double whopper

Donations Accepted Here

P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

www.twitch.tv/polishrifle79 

Attempting to stream but connection is hit or miss

P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

We're on the news

http://www.local21news.com/news/features/local-news-headlines/stories/Gamers-play-all-night-in-Camp-Hill-to-fight-cancer-229181.shtml#.Vj7QSXg-Gik.facebook

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

woooo!

Jump to: