View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Oyo
OyoN7
Officer

re: PR RP

Would Pax Republica like to do forum role play 1d20 (Kotor Style)? I have a website for this type of RP I was using for cross guild (cross faction and cross server and cross region) RP. Your official site does not have necessary features for me to pull this off (and if it does I would not know as I am not admin).

What I have in mind is to do episodes and season finales for the guild stories. They do not have to be official guild story unless the guild council approves it. And of course you are also welcome to create the stories too.

What can you expect? Playable races beyond swtor game limits (such are zeltron, wookie, voss, togruta, naultan, rishi etc and they will have their racial influence on character sheet and abilities). Classes (Sith, Jedi, Soldier and other), prestige classes (Storm Lord/Lady, Revanite Cultist, Seer, Pilot, Scientist and many more), alignment, skills, force powers, feats, tech. You can expect interaction between player characters and NPCs, boss fights, co-op, loots, discoveries of ancient history and holocrons, visiting legendary places from KOTOR series. I have done so for 2 guilds now, Wild Force (not power rangers!), and Republic of Starlight, all together have over 30k views. This is of course not going to be "must do" to be member of guild, this will be an optional for players who like such activities and Pax Republica guild would have one more way to offer players to have fun together.

What do I need? Your approval to proceed, and 4 dedicated players (guild masters and officers for now) who would like to participate in the first episode for the opening of the guild story, where one of them will play a protagonist, and in time will grow his crew beyond the first four, including his or her ship. My wife is helping me with this project and for newbies the start can be very difficult, but once you figure it out how it goes, it will be easy and simple (in fact it is not complicated at all, especially if you played KOTOR series or Mass Effect series)

Why not do it in game? It is very simple. Swtor does not have such thing as a RP server. There is PvE and PvP servers only. Those marked with RP tag are either PvE or PvP. You can get sith throne with empire symbol and park yourself in front of the temple guardian at the Jedi Academy on Tython, and nothing will happen ... all Jedi npcs will approve as there is no GM. I RPed on D&D servers and such thing is called godmoding and metagaming, if server allows that then that server is not RP server. Plus you do not gain RP xp as you should, and with me you will, which will count towards your character upgrade and evolution.

So PRers do you have this type of RPers? Or those willing to give it a shot?

Jacen
Branch™
Veteran

Awarded:

I used to RP more pre-launch and then still with some friends. I'd be up for something after the first episode.

Oyo
OyoN7
Officer

I've been reading about Pax Republica story and Nwahs Journal and I am having a story slowly being formed in my head for what I can use to create first episode. I would of course like to open it with more participants than four, but usually more than four participants can be too much for one Story Guide to handle, and in a way acts as a CPU to calculate all the stuff during combat using your character sheet and rolls that gets more and more complicated as you level up. But luckily I hear this guild is full of teachers and this could go actually well, and everyone else can write a story for others to play in.

Kayllek Veran
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

I'm interested in this!  I haven't done much RP lately since there aren't many who actively participate, but I'd definitely climb aboard! 

A few of us actually put our minds together and got this a little while ago: http://pax-republica.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10277175&gid=118791

Supposed to be Star Wars 7, but could easily be adapted for the Old Republic era

Huh huh. Nerds! RP is for nerds. You guys are nerds! Hur hur. So it's like... you would do that. You and RP are perfect for each other. Just like peanut butter and jelly. I like peanut butter and jelly. Huh huh! mmmmmm pb&j.

I'm not one for RP outside of the game's missions (even then it's not much), but we have quite a few that like to RP a little.

Since Raptr was installed.
P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

I'd be up for it if you can be patient with a complete RP n00b.

Oyo
OyoN7
Officer

I will show some season finale boss fights that we had in RP in my other guild on EU server. But before I make website active again for RP I am going to rework entire system to be easier and more fun for PR, this is simply to give an idea of what I am trying to explain.

Brontes Season Finale Boss

Darth Jadus Season Finale Boss

Tiffs/Hugtastic
Officer

I think it is a great idea, I for one enjoy RP myself, have a story for all my characters :D

Reworking entire thing will take time since I am the only active Admin left. So far I created 9 base classes and Lightsaber Forms that can be learned via feats like in KotOR. I will soon work on tech abilities and force powers. All suggestions are welcomed.

But specifically for Pax I would need a picture of your mission ship and officer who is going to role play the Captain. So who is going to be the one? And his or her first three crew members?

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

I'd love to be involved, but I don't know when I'd have time to get involved in something like this!  I'm already strapped to the max as it is lately, you should see my Google Calendar, lol.  I haven't had a free second to gain a single xp of 12xp :( :( :( :( :(

The advantage of this type of RP is that you do not need a specific time to meet up with other people to RP with. Since it is being done via forums and forum features that allow you to roll your skills and powers, you could try to find 5min within 50h to make a post and end your turn (it is turn based like kotor1/2, nwn1/2), and then wait for your comrades to finish their turns, which can take even a week. Although I had experience that people get really addicted with this, they meet up to plan tactics OOCly in teamspeak for cooperative play, and even call each other via facebook or phone asking one another to post ASAP so that they can post their own turn without waiting. The current system is good but I want to make it better and easier to understand, so it will take some time, I am not even close to finish it. But I hope that in near future you and others will have time for it.

Another beauty of forum RP is that it stays recorded to read and remember, it is not going to pass and end up forgotten like most of the in game RP ends like it never happened. Youtube and screenshot can serve its purpose to capture the most interesting moment, but that will never be a full enjoyable story and experience. We can go so far that at some point you can wonder if all the episodes we do can actually be used to create a star wars game. And the writer of the episode is not the only writer, but also the players who are in the story, they write their own characters who influence the outcomes, you do not have to pass an audition to take a role of a pre-made character like it is limited to games, you are creator of your character, and at same time you are the actor/actress.

And to not go too far from the game, protagonists will be able to chose between story, hard mode, and nightmare mode for the guild missions.

Oyo
OyoN7
Officer

Updating my work, I finished 14 playable races for RP, where 12 are medium size and 2 are big size: Human, Chiss, Miraluka, Mirialan, Rattataki, Sith Pureblood, Twi'lek, Kel Dor, Wookie, Zabrak, Cathar, Togruta, Nautolan, Zeltron. They all have specific racial trait bonuses and penalties. You can preview them here and you can give ideas for more races or to update the current ones. I have question for you guys if you are interested in having small races as playable? Such as Jawas, Ewoks and those Piglings I always forget how are they called.

Oyo
OyoN7
Officer

There is only 1 spot left for last role player to join first guild episode. We may be able to start this within next 10 days if everyone writes a character background story and lets me read it. I did not create hard mode nor nightmare mode because we would be too low level for such difficulty that can permakill participants.

Current Pax team:

1. Tiffs (Protagonist)

2. Atown (Companion)

3. Nwahs (Companion)

4. [Open] (Companion)

There is still time to apply

Kayllek Veran
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

I'll do it.  You just want me to PM you my character's bio, right?  So, from birth to meeting Tiffs and Pax Republica?

Yes for now you can send me PM but later I will ask you to post it on RP forums.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: