View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swishiest
SwishiestBog
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

re: I miss you all.

I don't know how many of you will see this, but I miss you all. This guild was family to me and I want you all to know that I love you all. This guild will always be a part of some of my best memories. Don't get lost in the shuffle now. Love, Swishy

Place your trust in the Swishtem, for the Swishtem trusts you.
Mazikeena
Member - 3 Years

Hi Swishy,

We miss you too. You were always so fun to play with -- esp pvp. Many of us have taken break from SWTOR but we haven't gone too far -- just retreated elsewhere into the cloud. We are in discord and on steam and sometimes even on swtor.  Blast, Scubax, and I have started playing pretty regularly even -- although with Hellbent instead of Pax.

Hope you are well and it's nice to hear from you!!!

Mazi

Awarded:

Swishy! Mazi! I miss you both too!

I miss everyone. It's just by chance I actually checked these forums today, wanting to see if we were still paying for the domain.  I'm still in the Discord, but not as active. Having just finished my first year of college and no time to game during, I'm just now trying to get back into things.  When I'm on during prime EST hours, I'm usually the only one on. Hopefully I'll run into either of you somewhere. Lots of fond memories with everyone, missing the way things used to be...

Swishy, bring down some Tim Horton's!

-Kay

Awarded:

Hey all!

Not sure when someone will see this, but I typed in the letter "P" in my browser bar and looked away for a second to grab something, and when I turned back the first suggestion that Firefox was proposing was this site! Just goes to show that taking a moment every now and then can be rewarding in unexpected ways!

Unrelatedly, I had taken a moment a few days ago (while I'm on break) to reflect on things that I've spent time on and invested in over my adult life, and I didn't get too far into that process before I thought of SWTOR and Pax Republica. It's been a couple years since I've spent any real substantial time playing the game, but from launch through 2016 or so it was probably the thing outside of my various work gigs that I spent the greatest number of hours on. Even outside of the game itself, the time spent planning, theorycrafting, researching, and just agonizing over whatever form of incremental progress happened to be available.

I dearly treasure the time that I spent with all of you - from Nwahs and Celick taking a chance on a very green sage without any real raiding experience through many many many nights with our good friend Kephess in all of his various forms. It's because of all of you here that I really ended up spending so much time in the game over the years, which made it feel more like an investment than anything else. Without Satiata, Soulless, Mazi, Tasty, Swishiest, Blasthardcheese, Dordrac, Emp, Fossh, Frost, Gluefoot, Kayllek, Bantha, Wylan, Polish, Pretz, Scuba, Tiffs, Waars... I'm sure that I'm forgetting people... it just wouldn't have been the same at all.

It's just like I tell my own students (I'm still teaching, although I moved to the Austin, TX area a year and a half ago): the journey is its own reward, and the true treasure is the people that you share your struggles and overcoming them with along the way. I'd like to think that I was a halfway-decent healer or tank, that as a raid leader I helped a few new people to fall in love with raiding just as I had in my turn, but that pales in comparison to just recognizing that, even if it were 3 in the morning and we'd been at something for hours without any tangible progress, we were all there for each other as much as for the pixels and lightsabers and command crates and all such.

And to think, it all started with a advertisement on fleet chat to help people get the fleet +10 datacrons ("back in my day, datacrons didn't unlock legacy-wide! We had to clamber through ventilation ducts on the fleet, uphill both ways through miles of snow and architecturally-dubious bottomless pits...")

Anywho, I've gone on too long here. If you've made it this far, my deepest thanks for whatever part you played in making me and others feel welcome and appreciated. Keep fighting the good fight.

-SCP

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Awww... Skip!!!

I couldn't have said it better myself.  

As I continue to game into the ripe age of 32, I think about what I love about gaming.  I'll pick up a new game like BO4 or get into Madden or Rocket League, and I'll think man, I wish I could join a great community like I once had with Pax.  

I'm glad the guild is still going strong, and has made a bit of a comeback.  I miss having the time to invest in my family with Pax.  Love you all!

Awarded:

I see all these wonderful posts that remind me of the great times we had, and how cheerful optimism could make all the pain of the world wash away.  I miss you all, and hope life is treating you all well today.

Awarded:

You are all now and will always be family. I wouldnt trade the memories for anything

Jump to: