View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nylos Aurion

re: All Good Things

I joined up with Pax again for the people.  As I said when I re-applied, in every game I played and every community I tried to join I looked for qualities that Pax had; the people, the ideals, etc.  I never really could find it, and when I found out Pax had a WoW chapter I was thrilled at the chance to rejoin the flock.

Seeing as there weren't many playing yet I took it upon myself to start making plans for Legion.  Finding who was gonna be playing what, bringing in friends when I could.  By the time Legion launched and everyone leveled we only had three members of Pax (aside from myself and Morov) playing, Dordrac and Gil, and Buck.  As far as overall WoW activity goes, new recruits and those otherwise unaffiliated with Pax take the cake.  Which is fine.  The problem I have is the same one I mentioned at the last officer meeting, where I felt that the rules in place on the WoW chapter shouldn't necessarily be the same as the SWTOR chapter due to the differences in the mindset of each game's players.  I get the type of guild we're striving to be, as I've seen many large multi-game clans in my many years gaming, but I feel the structure of the guild doesn't really fit with me anymore, and I just feel it's kind of outdated.

It gets very discouraging seeing many potentially awesome players turn away after seeing the application process for Pax.  And it gets even more discouraging when I have newer people or people interested in joining wondering why people that don't play the game have say in how the guild is run.  I found myself unable to answer those questions with a straight face, because at the end of the day I found it just as silly as they did.

What I ended up with was a large and growing group of awesome people joining the raid group I put together under a structure I don't necessarily agree with.  For that reason I'm going to be splitting off and doing my own thing in WoW.  I'm always down for playing with any of you at any time, you could even consider me and whoever else joins me an Ally of Pax, you're always welcome.

Lok'tar Ogar.  May the Force be with you.  Cheers, loves.

Nylos 

Tiffs/Hugtastic
Officer

We made you and morov officers a long with Buck in aWoW to make those decisions , there is a officer meeting coming up soon if you would like to wait until than, you aren't the only one that is concern with these problems so it will be brought up in the meeting. I say give the meeting a try and we go from there 

Awarded:

Yup .  I definitely wanted you and Morov to help us figure out how to run the WoW chapter under the Pax banner, but be it's own WOW guild that worked in the WoW community.  I wanted the meeting to be a time to figure out how we're going to reorganize the leadership and the rules of the guild to ensure we can all still have the same values but be able to play the game in our own way.  I thought I've made it clear in GroupMe and other places over the last month that I know the forums and the application system seems to have become outdated, in my opinion almost overnight at some point this year because it was fine but now it's not.  I get that.  So I'd ask you to please consider sticking with us as we do have a lot in common in personality I believe, but if not, we'll understand.

Truth be told quite a bit going on IRL at the moment and probably made some decisions a bit out of impulse.  I'll be willing to wait until the officer meeting to discuss it.  As I said I love Pax, our ideals, etc, and if a written application is important for documentation purposes that's fine, but I think forum activity and the trial may have to be tweaked.  We can discuss it more at the meeting.  

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Perfect, thanks man

I may not be able to make the officer meeting so I thought I would through my two cents in here.  I am a proponent of further decentralization of Pax Republica myself.  I think the things that make our guild great are our principles and the warmth of our gaming community, which are not things that I think need a strong command structure to maintain.  

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope we can carve a place for a WoW chapter of Pax Republica that provides our WoW players with the freedom to organize how they want without unnecessary oversight.  Some goes for other chapters of PR.  

As you mentioned, I think that a key component of this decentralization is a reform of the application process.  We still want a process that filters for commitment to the guild and some amount of responsibility but without unnecessary burden.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: