View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: Just in case there is confusion on current changes to guild

Hey everyone, I just want to clear up some confusion that seems to be out there. 

1. We have not made ANY changes to our guild charter so far, except that essentially we want to make the forums a bit more multi-game friendly for WoW, SWBF, and perhaps Smite.  We have always done this for games that become popular with our members anyway, so this isn't really a change.  It was supported by everyone at the guild meeting, 16 of the 50 or so current active members.

2. At the guild meeting we talked about a lot of rule changes, and there was full support from the 16 members at the meeting for each change.  However, we have never set as a guild what defines a "quorum" for us to make major decisions. Is it 50% have to be there?  75%?  A certain number like 20?

Throughout the history of the guild, sometimes I've made changes that would benefit everyone, like small changes to the application or the trials, or decisions about how to organize our raid schedule.  Other times I've wanted to ensure the whole guild had a voice in the matter.  This is one of those times.

Things like whether or not we'll change a rule that we've had for the last 4 years, like whether or not you can have mulitple republic guilds, or whether or not you have to apply first and then get an invite later, are things I wanted us to vote on.  These proposed changes came from me or other officers to try to help us get through a period we feel is a bit stagnant in the SWTOR universe, and our guild has never been stagnant.  

So, please use the survey to vote on these things.  Some people wondered if the language of "Do you approve of the change"... implied that the changes were already happening but I wanted to know if you liked it or not.  No.  I've looked into how real state referendums are written, and some do the "Should this happen" and some do the "Do you approve of" So I could have went either way.  Please don't over think that.

Now, Dom applied and that sort of indicated to people that some changes already happened to our rules.  I wanted him to take the time to put in the application just as an act of good faith, and because we are playing WoW and he wanted to join us there.  He's been extremely helpful to several members in answering questions, giving away gold, buying gear, running through dungeons, explaining class mechanics, etc.  Worst case I would have made him an Emissary or Friend of the guild because simply he is friends with a few of us already, and he wants to get to know more people.  

If certain things got voted down, he would be asked to rethink his application, and I would say sorry for jumping the gun.  Not a big deal.

Finally, yes, we will continue to raid in SWTOR, and if anyone things that isn't true, I don't know why.  Will we perhaps raid less?  I think so, because many are burnt out and we need to consolidate our raid teams until we find more raiders.  For almost a month we had to fill pretty much every raid night with at least one or two PUGs. 

Jump to: