View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: Voting on old polls?

My "activity" notification bar at the top right told me a bunch of people voted yesterday on two really really old polls about "New day for guild meeting" and "should we close recruiting"... what's up with that? just curious!

They were on my front page when logging in and were listed as "open," so I thought they were new.  Mea culpa!

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Interesting... where on your front page?  Like the FORUMS home page or the Website HOME page where the "we are recruiting" thing is?  

I'm curious because on my screens I see no Poll Widgets still active

It was on the very front page of the website (not the forums) yesterday when I logged in on my phone.  When I logged in using my laptop today, however, there is only the Raiding survey and none of the others I saw yesterday.  In fact, I only answered like 3 of the ones it listed as "open" yesterday and then moved on - it had like a list that filled the page of "open" polls.  I'm not seeing it on there today, though.

I promise I am not trying to resurrect dead polls!  

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

That's fine!  I don't mind necro-ing things on the forums, I was just curious what the glitch was.  It seems I or someone left the "Poll" widget up for a bit and then realized the error.

It showed up in my activity notifications and I figured it was something new. I didn't notice it was old.

Yeah - I didn't have any clue they were older polls either.  As you may recall from my application, I am more Indian than chief.  I  saw the polls on the home page and just sorta figured someone wanted votes on something, so I pulled a lemming without really paying it much attention.  I readily admit that I didn't pay too much attention during this process and could have just missed a date stamp.

Ciervo Wylde
Officer

Awarded:

I voted because it was in the activity feed, and that's the first thing I check when I log in.  I was curious about another guild meeting so soon, but figured what the heck. :)

Jump to: