View previous topic :: View next topic  
gluefoot
Veteran

re: How is this not a thread yet?

Shawn will be paranoid, but from what I've seen there's no spoilers in this AWESOME trailer.

Still, I must say view at your own risk. Your head may or may not explode due to sheer awesomeness.

"Did I fire six shots or only five? Three? Seven. Whatever."

Synaes

yeah...About 1:50...that is what I can't wait to see on a big screen. Naturally, enjoyed the rest too, but I am a sucker for the dog fights...

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Sorry, I am super paranoid!  I just want to see the movie and be in love with every second of it and not be like "Oooop I've seen this before.  I knew this was coming."

I'm gonna laugh when you go to see some random other movie and this trailer plays. You will have to boycott theaters for the next 2 months.

gluefoot
Veteran

Speaking of stupid boycotts (inflammatory info follows, but I think it fits because this is an off-topic thread, also idgaf)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/10/20/star-wars-force-awakens-twitter-boycott-backlash/74260778/

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Fair enough Iceroid, I probably will :)  Or i can close my eyes during the trailer :D

Awarded:

So I did watch the trailer... I am not happy I saw a certain lightsaber battle at the end, but I have a theory that is a red herring

Awarded:

gluefoot wrote:

Speaking of stupid boycotts (inflammatory info follows, but I think it fits because this is an off-topic thread, also idgaf)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/10/20/star-wars-force-awakens-twitter-boycott-backlash/74260778/

This is the kind of "inflammatory" stuff we are happy to promote on the forums... because f*ck racists.  

Great trailer. I can't wait for this movie! Definitely watching the premier at midnight!

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that I heard they are going to cancel out all of the novels in the extended universe. Some of those novels were awesome, like with Grand Admiral Thrawn.

gluefoot
Veteran

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
gluefoot wrote:

This is the kind of "inflammatory" stuff we are happy to promote on the forums... because f*ck racists.  

YEAH GO SHAWN!

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Kénpachi-zaraki wrote:

Great trailer. I can't wait for this movie! Definitely watching the premier at midnight!

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that I heard they are going to cancel out all of the novels in the extended universe. Some of those novels were awesome, like with Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Why do people keep saying things like this :P  They aren't "cancelled out", you can still buy them!  I for one am pumped to get a whole fresh new Star Wars universe to play with, and to someday read all the books from the other Star Wars universe.

Shawn brings up a good point, several comic books already have multiverses (and regularly intertwine them). 

I think it's long past time we established a Star Wars multiverse as well.

Kénpachi-zaraki

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
Kénpachi-zaraki wrote:

Why do people keep saying things like this :P  They aren't "cancelled out", you can still buy them!  I for one am pumped to get a whole fresh new Star Wars universe to play with, and to someday read all the books from the other Star Wars universe.

I'm trying to look at it that way, too. Both Star Wars universes are valid and exist. And I am really looking forward to the new Star Wars universe coming out as well. It looks awesome!

If you ever want some recommendations on great Star Wars novels to read, let me know :)

ATownArmy
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION THIS IS IMPORTANT! I JUST FOUND OUT THERE ARE MOTION-SEATS FOR THE MOVIES!!!

A movie theater by my house in Dallas is one of the few places in Texas to have them. They're called D-Box and they move along with the action (only when there's action) like a one of those theme park rides. And I got THE LAST 4 tickets to opening night's first showing on Thursday, Dec 17th!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!! (Also it's in 3D, because hell yeah)

Jump to: