View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
FrelsoTrentone

re: Early access "up to 5 days"

I think i activated mine on July, 25th I'm not sure but it definitely was in July! so I hopefully i get reeeeall early access.
CMDR Blue R

I was hoping for 10 days... Because I like round numbers... But 5 days is also very good :D

=============
Beware! Crazy user inside!
Other nickname: Finek
mrmarko

I was hoping for a 44 day head day start

Wow! Blind if you get to 30-35 in the first 5 days you rock. Hardcore players probably can manage that...when I was in college I could afford to be that hardcore but my job and girlfriend don't let me be anymore : (

I wish I'll have that much free time around the holidays. Honestly it's somewhat disappointing to me when they chose to release it, for the same concerns others have voiced. It'll be a big let down to my family if I blow off all of the normal holiday festivities to dive into TOR the way I've been dreaming of for years.

I registered mine the second day, but I'll be in FL from the 10th to the 17th so the most I'd get of early access is 3 days or so anyway : ( Vacation was planned before the TOR release, sadly, we're taking the kids back to Disney World for Christmas.

Well usually, when people go on vacation, they don't want to come back. So at least AP, you'll have motivation to come back home Happy

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Blind Equilibrium

AstralProjection wrote:
Wow! Blind if you get to 30-35 in the first 5 days you rock. Hardcore players probably can manage that...when I was in college I could afford to be that hardcore but my job and girlfriend don't let me be anymore : (

I wish I'll have that much free time around the holidays. Honestly it's somewhat disappointing to me when they chose to release it, for the same concerns others have voiced. It'll be a big let down to my family if I blow off all of the normal holiday festivities to dive into TOR the way I've been dreaming of for years.

I registered mine the second day, but I'll be in FL from the 10th to the 17th so the most I'd get of early access is 3 days or so anyway : ( Vacation was planned before the TOR release, sadly, we're taking the kids back to Disney World for Christmas.

Well, not going to take that claim to the bank just yet.... but I typically game 6-8 hours intermittently during the day while taking care of my son and then for about 5 hours in the night after everyone goes to bed. One of the advantages of retirement I suppose, but regardless I wont skip a single conversation or quest trying to level faster. Just excited that it's finally getting near Happy
FrelsoTrentone

CMDR Blue R wrote:
I was hoping for 10 days... Because I like round numbers... But 5 days is also very good :D

I'm the exact same way.. an 11 day head start would kind of bug me.. but I'd take it!
Arkos Ladar

So I imagine the download itself will take a while. When do we get that access? Also 5 days?

Yeah, I may get the early access and all, but my parents are coming in town around the 18th for Christmas (I go to college in a town where the majority of my extended family lives but not my parents so they are always coming in town for holidays) and they expect me to spend the majority of the holidays with them and other family. I prolly won't be able to play much till the day after Christmas, though any free time will be spent on TOR. Also, I won't really be able to purchase many upgrades for my computer till after Christmas anyways. She can run TOR right now, just not too well lol.

All in all, still glad about finally knowing what "Early Access" means :D

Yea really not sure what Bioware was thinking when they decided on a dec 20th release date. I know they were trying to garner some of the Christmas sales. But who is their target market really? The game appeals more to the 16+ crowd, and most people 16 and older are going to just buy the game them selves. Not ask for it as a present.
Lord Marvel

Sticx45 wrote:
Yea really not sure what Bioware was thinking when they decided on a dec 20th release date. I know they were trying to garner some of the Christmas sales. But who is their target market really? The game appeals more to the 16+ crowd, and most people 16 and older are going to just buy the game them selves. Not ask for it as a present.

Are you sure about this statement? Because I know for sure, that hell lot of younger people is on the TOR forum Happy

Sticx45

Blanket statements are always a generalization and can never cover most of any population.

But with that taken into account most younger gamers I've talked to don't have the means, or want to pay a monthly fee. (I volunteer a game night 3 times a month at our local library.) Most of the kids that come to these game nights prefer first person shooters or Free to play games that they don't have to pay for. Out of about 60 kids that attend on any regular basis I've only found 5 that play WoW. Which is the closest game, model wise, I can think of to ToR.

** After thought** If anyone lives in the metro Detroit area and would like to join in on these gaming nights I can hook you up with the info.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Sticx45 wrote:

It's not just about "asking for a present". People are more willing to spend money around Christmas time, on others and on themselves.

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
Sticx45 wrote:

It's not just about "asking for a present". People are more willing to spend money around Christmas time, on others and on themselves.

Good point, didn't think about that. big grin
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Yeah... with the general mood of the season (socially more acceptable to spend money), and holiday season bonuses, and people using vacation time... it's a great time to release an MMO Happy

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: