View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omega Reaven

re: CONFUSED!!!!

So i need help guys i only get 14 days or so to play TOR so i want to make sure i get the most out of those days and only play one character. As of now im set as a Trooper but im so confused i love ALL the classes and cant decide which id rather be lol. I love healing and tanking those are my two fav things to do im not really a dps dude though....kinda suck at it lol. I don't keep up well with all the info that comes out on this game because im rarely home now with getting prepared for basic training so id like all you TOR genius's to help me decide which class i should stick with you know th pro's and con's and such. The ones that interest me are well Jedi Consular, Smuggler, and of course the Trooper which i am now. Any help to subside my indecision would be very helpful as its driving me bloody mad lol.

Zoron Ror

If you don't want the story spoiled you shouldn't play the trooper. If you like healing then you should go with the consular, but then again if you're going to play a trooper you should go with a smuggler healer so that you can get used to being ranged but don't have to worry about DPS.

So I would recommend Smuggler healer lol. Happy

If you want a similar healing style (and by similar I use this very vaguely) then you might try Smuggler as Zoron says. The storyline is quite fun.

On the other hand, I find that I am a much better tank or healer after playing the opposite roll myself. So if your set on going as a trooper healer, you may consider playing a shadow or guardian tank. That way you can learn the ins and outs of tanking in ToR without ruining the trooper storyline for yourself. And become a better healer because you have a basic understanding of how tanking works in the game.

On a side note. When do you leave for basic? What branch? And why do you only have 14 days to play?
Arkos Ladar

Sticx makes a solid point; playing as a tank or healer is easier if you have previously had some experience in the opposite role.

hahah basic, have fun!... my suggestion is, play a sith. no chance of ruining the trooper story or any chance of even ruining the republic side, the class is an exact mirror anyways so you could play bounty hunter, and learn how to be a trooper, or you can learn how to play a tank (warrior, or assassin) and learn the mechanics of tanking, and what a healer needs, there for you know what a tank is going to do, so you can expect it, and wont have to bitch at your tank so much.

Sticx45 wrote:

On a side note. When do you leave for basic? What branch? And why do you only have 14 days to play?

I leave Jan 3rd to army basic training as a combat medic and since its Jan 3rd i said 14 days give or take to play the game

I do have some healing and tanking experience from WoW and could never decide what i was better with. I was good at healing but im a clicker so i found i wasnt always fast on the draw for the super squishys. Tanking wise i always did good with people who actually allowed me to take you know people who dont leeroy jenkins every five seconds lol.

Though at least from yalls response i should hold off the trooper healer and try to use a full blown healer or tank instead?

I cant go darkside rebmac i literally can't stand doing evil things in games....it gives me nightmares...yet doesn't when i do mean thigs in real life...what can i saw im a nerd lol.

Rebmac!

There are TONS of non evil things you can do as a light side sith. The orders are to kill people, you capture them, the orders are to STOMP your competition as a training sith, you give them something they needed to get to your level. (I rarely chose these options) but going against the grain as a "evil" person can be just as rewarding as blindly following the "light" until those who want to use you, will use you.
(spoiler below)

(theres a mission where you're to kill a Sith beast, and bring back it's brain because it's full of dark energy, dark side, you give the brain, light side you give it to somebody who wants to ruin the brain, so the dark experiments will no longer happen.)

Awarded:

I don't think Omega is looking to play an alt for the 14 days or try something out that is opposite of what he wants... I think he's looking for what his official class will be, to start on the first day and stick with so that he gets the most play time as possible on his official toon that he will love.

Am I right Will? If so, don't think about the trinity roles so much. Bioware doesn't want you to. You should think more about what iconic Star Wars archetype you want to be. If you like healing and tanking, first question is simply: do you want to be a Jedi or a Soldier of the Republic? If you want the cool lightsaber and Jedi lifestyle story, go Consular. Then you can think if you want to tank or heal, and choose Sage or Shadow accordingly. Word on the street is that you can even change your advanced class at least one time.

If you want to be a trooper, have cool looking armor, shoot blaster guns, etc, then be a Trooper Happy

Jump to: