View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drotix

re: Single Blade with Double Bladed

The Return trailer was released a while back ago but Ive been thinking about it recently and wondered if in game you could wield a single bladed lightsaber with a double bladed lightsaber in your off hand?

If this is possible in game im sure it would be sentinel only. I am just not understanding why they would show that in the trailer, unless it was in game....either way if it were possible that would be some crazy DPS
Legendkiller456

I don't think that would be easy to do. Also, that would be mixing a Jedi Consular with a Jedi Knight. Plus, the Jedi in trailer was just to make it look cool, holding a double bladed and then a single bladed in his other hand.

Crox Rava

re: Re: Single Blade with Double Bladed

Konta Takuto wrote:
I am just not understanding why they would show that in the trailer, unless it was in game....

I would advise against pursuing a career in marketing. <3

It's in the trailer to make our collective jaw drop and say with one voice...

... and make us chomp at the bit more.

Photobucket
Drotix

Crox_Rava wrote:
Konta Takuto wrote:
I am just not understanding why they would show that in the trailer, unless it was in game....

I would advise against pursuing a career in marketing. <3

I have you know that I have a major in marketing sir.... :P

but that wasnt my point I can understand advertisement, however they emphasized it too much, with having the master shut one blade off and back on a couple of times...I mean I pay to much attention to details and might be over thinking this, when it is just a flashy way to make the audience go wow.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Konta Takuto wrote:
The Return trailer was released a while back ago but Ive been thinking about it recently and wondered if in game you could wield a single bladed lightsaber with a double bladed lightsaber in your off hand?

If this is possible in game im sure it would be sentinel only. I am just not understanding why they would show that in the trailer, unless it was in game....either way if it were possible that would be some crazy DPS

I think it's a case of impatient over-analyzers since the day they announced the game. People have seemed to think that anything shown in the trailers is going to be in the game, and while I understand the thinking behind that, it's not the best logic to have to think that everything you see in the trailer will end up in the game. For example: Jedi will probably not have a "absorb lightsabers into their palm" skill on their toolbar, even though Satele Shan did it in "Hope". If I'm mistaken, I will look quite silly!

I think it's a legitimate question to ask the Devs. You should submit this question for their consideration. Maybe they will answer it in one of their fan friday updates.

Landscaper, 'cuz I mow 'em down baby!
Crox Rava

Konta Takuto wrote:
I have you know that I have a major in marketing sir.... :P

Only teasing, of course. :D

Photobucket
Lord Marvel

I`m more than sure that this will not be in TOR. They were not making trailers to show what will be in game, they made them to be jaw dropping and awesomelly awesome.
I don`t expect to be able to tackle Sith, nor to be able to go into close distance, grab them and than suicide with a grenade :D

As cool as it would look like :D

Drotix

*facepalms after re-reading his post and the responses*

I never meant to claim that what you see in the trailer is what you get even though I worded it that way it wasnt exactly what I meant to say.

*cheers for lousy forum posting when tired*

What I meant to say was...This seems different to me then the other trailers the fact that both the Jedi Master and Malgus are wielding a single blade and double bladed with such emphasis on it, made me ponder. This thought occured where I was curious if such a game mechanic would exist...due to the amount of emphasis on it. So I wanted to hear what you all thought about that.

Regardless of whether it is a game mechanic are not it is by far the coolest trailer for the game.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: