View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aveyn Tamai

re: Character Figurine!

So this is the first of...hopefully four figures that will represent an important part of Aveyn's backstory.

Obv first I did Aveyn herself :D

Forum Image

Here's a few more views:

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

There are a bunch of problems, as unfortunately something went wrong with the clay and it was horribly brittle after baking.
Still not sure if it was my fault during conditioning, or something wrong with the clay itself.
Live and learn I guess haha.
Captain Bubbles

Woah, look at all the detail in the hair! How did you do that?

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Aveyn Tamai

Individual little snakes of clay in varying shades of brown/copper. It looked a lot nicer before baking...when it came out brittle lots of the tiny tips and pieces broke off.
Lord Marvel

WOW! Aveyn, this is incredible :D You are very talented girl :D

I hope we can see more of your work in future ;)

nolongeramember

This is awesome! Make me one Happy haha jk, but this really is great. You are very talented.

Wolfwood Barbarossa

Great work! Rainbow hair ftw!

Ave...

That's awesome! Make us all a figurine like that! :3

big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
Tcyiora

Wow!! That's amazingness!!~ Awesome job!

Does you have a deviantART? if you do I can't remember ; 3; and I must watch you if I'm not already lolol

Blind Equilibrium

Pretty darn slick! Can't wait to see the rest as you make them big grin
Aveyn Tamai

Tcyiora wrote:
Wow!! That's amazingness!!~ Awesome job!

Does you have a deviantART? if you do I can't remember ; 3; and I must watch you if I'm not already lolol

I do but I never really use it lol! Aveykin

I should just post pics of all my crafty stuff up there...
Riddly Dun

These are better then the webcam version XP Great stuff there :D

Awarded:

I want one for Nwahs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice! I like the details like the rainbow hair and bloody facial wound. I used to sculpt some too, so I know how hard figures are to do. I'm not sure how I feel about the semi-cartoony, Gumby-ish limbs, but like I said figures are hard, especially limb lengths and proportions. Plus, I'm of a more classical mindset as far as proportions go. I heard on skype that you're using an oven baking clay like Sculpy? Are you using pre-colored clay or are you painting the raw white clay? Either way I think the coloring details are superb.

Anyway just my two cents, hope you don't mind the constructive criticism. Also, if the hair is cracking, why not try a Twi'lek or Togruta next?

Durstalph wrote:
Nice! I like the details like the rainbow hair and bloody facial wound. I used to sculpt some too, so I know how hard figures are to do. I'm not sure how I feel about the semi-cartoony, Gumby-ish limbs, but like I said figures are hard, especially limb lengths and proportions. Plus, I'm of a more classical mindset as far as proportions go. I heard on skype that you're using an oven baking clay like Sculpy? Are you using pre-colored clay or are you painting the raw white clay? Either way I think the coloring details are superb.

Anyway just my two cents, hope you don't mind the constructive criticism. Also, if the hair is cracking, why not try a Twi'lek or Togruta next?

Yeah the issue I had with the limbs and proportions was kinda my own fault...I should have just gone out and gotten some sculpty firm that would hold it's shape better, but...I was being silly and cheap. So unfortunately her joints warped a little bit and I had to try and get them back into some semblance of order while they were piping hot.

I use sculpty/fimo/premo depending on the strength I need for a particular part. Usually I'm able to maintain a good level of "give" in a piece but I think the multiple bakings + using an oven I wasn't familiar with (my bfs) didn't do me any favours.

I start with precoloured clay for certain parts, and in mica powers, extra pigments, etc if needed. Then I go back after the final bake and add painted details/extra texturing afterwards. Like the blood and bruising are all painted on.

Still debating if I should complain about how awfully dry and crumbly some of the new clay I bought was out of the pack...I hate confrontation but a the same point, it must have been stored improperly.

Next up is probably going to be the trooper character in the little scene I'm piecing together, and the baddies will be last. Though I'm taking a break from my clay stuff to work on an entry for a local wearable art contest. A Togruta would be fun though, I already have enough Twi'lek figures and dolls in my house lol!
Legendkiller456

Aveyn, very nice :D
I see everyone is asking for one lol :P

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: