Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> About Us and Welcome Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aviroo

re: Member attitude

I hold your guild to high regard, but today I ran a FP with someone who may need an attitude adjustment. If they haven't tanked in a few weeks that's fine, but they need to learn to take advice.

These last three wipes were from the final hammer station boss. There were countless others before, but I figured being rusty at tanking was part of it (wiping at trash because the pipes weren't lit on fire, enraging bonus boss because low dps + no interrupts on boss, etc.)

http://i.imgur.com/7NTGWwI.png
http://i.imgur.com/ao8wsmi.png
http://i.imgur.com/r1NANrV.png

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Satiata
Member - 5 Years

uhm... ok...

I really don't know what the purpose of this topic is. where they behaving badly apart from the back-and-forth accusing in the screen shots?

also, did you talk about their bad behaviour afterwards, in a manor that wasn't 'uncalled' for? all I see is three different names where at least two of them are blaming others for wiping.

(and I honestly don't know who the tank is, anyway, so I sincerely hope whoever that is will just bring some light to this)

I obviously wasn't in the run so I can't say who is 'at fault' for your repeated deaths, but please be aware that it's usually better to handle these things by a) talking calmly (and going by these screen shots you were not calm) and b) talking to a 'higher up' of our guild so we can figure out what the problem was.

you can send me a PM if you'd like and I have a more detailed look at it and figure out what the problem was, but please be aware that in general we are not a fan of 'calling out' people and would rather discuss 'bad behaviour' just with the person actually involved.

Asuka'Raein - Sage
OvieKenovie
Oveekenovie
Veteran

Awarded:

I have done hammer station several times since 2.0. From what I think azaria is/was the tank. I am not sure what aviro or senturions role in the group was from the text. Some things that I do notice are:

1)You say to sidestep the sweeping gunfire but in all actuality once the boss starts the sweeping gunfire he doesn't move. When this happens, the best thing for a tank to do is to run to the opposite side where the dps and healer should be and then once its done run right back to the other side with the tank having their back facing the control panel.

2)Aziro keeps dying from fall damage which means aziro was standing on the wrong side of the boss to be knocked off and die (either that or just jumping off for a wipe, its not clear but still wouldn't be /stuck be better anyways?)

3)It seems on the last wipe that the tank may have lost aggro and the boss attacked senturion which would mean senturion was either the highest dps that needed to be guarded or he was the healer and azaria was not using taunt in his rotation to ensure he kept aggro.

4)Aziro going nuts in the group chat. It is never good to lose control and start cursing at anyone in a group and usually only causes more problems.

Like Sati, I wasn't there to observe this personally so I am only going by the three screenshots posted (I would like to know who exactly was doing what role). Nobody should die from fall dmg in this fight and anyone that does die from fall dmg is standing in the wrong place when the boss does the knockback.

This game is meant for fun and anytime someone feels the need to start cursing people in group chat means you should take a break because you are not having fun anymore.

Awarded:

Aviro, thanks for the comments. However, I think my players attitude was pretty good considering your attitude was not. Like Bioware, I will say this: "Thanks for reporting this to our attention! We will take a look at this situation, but just know that we will not report what actions we take against another player."

Happy

Good luck next time.

Regards,

Nwahs

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum