Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> About Us and Welcome Center
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Matieu.

re: Been a While

Hey old Paxian friends Happy Matieu was just visiting the forums and decided to make a thread to see how Pax has been doing the past couple of months... seems we've got a lot more applications coming in. How've we been doing in ranked since I left? Still going strong? Anyway, hope you guys are all still having a great time ^_^

Awarded:

Hey Mat! How are ya man? How's that business doing?

We've been great. I'm super excited about all the new members we've gotten lately, it's a huge blessing and I think everyone's having fun. Ranked was going really well for a few weeks after you left with Phosis leading the way, but when he left to find a more PvP centered guild (can't blame him, you know how much he loves PvP) we haven't done Ranked since really. We've lost a little bit of our PvP identity I think, but now that the Gree event is over I hope we can bring it back. Either way, I think people are still having fun with warzones. In fact the first day of the Gree event we were dominating some open PvP on Ilum, that was awesome.

well, I think if anything the gree event has shown that we still have plenty of people interested in 'pvp', just maybe not so much in the set state that is a warzone. buuut.... we'll get to that again.

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Matieu.

That's a shame about ranked... hopefully when you guys get a new PvP captain in place they'll get things back on track ^_^.

oh i'm quite postive. but the problem of getting better at the pve content is that it attacts new applicants that are interested in that part. lol

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Lol yup, the invisible hand theory of supply and demand just happens to be pulling us a little more toward PvE than PvP, and that is just a product of the fact that overall this game has gone toward putting a bit more work and fun into pve and then pvp. I mean, having only Warzones, and no other organized, game incentive form of pvp is kind of weird, and ranked needs cross server queues.

Dont listen to them Mat, we still kick ass at PVP everyday (atleast I DO :D), not doing much ranked though, I kinda fell out on playing during ur evenings, weird how life gets in the way

Anyways, come back Mat! We want u here!

Palindora
Aestel Cooper
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Hey Matieu and everybody else!

It got to have been so long since I left. Since then I've had a new job and got a promotion I also had 87 windows updates to install on my gaming computer so I haven't been playing any games in a long while. I can see pax has changed a fair bit since I left the roster changed a lots since I've been gone though there still a good number of names that I remember.

How are things going in game? I know they've done server merges and increased the capacity on the remaining servers since I've left, though I notice that Pax is probably around the same size, has that made a noticeable difference to the number of people online? Theres obviously been a reasonable amount of new content added since I left how interesting are the raids these days? Do you manage to get more than one group up and running form them these days?

hello there. I don't think we've met before (I joined last march or something. feels like forever :P)

congratulations on the promotion!

we're usually around 12-15 people online at peak time, sometimes less, often more. definitely enough to do fun stuff, especially right now where everyone is leveling up their lowbies with the double-xp week-ends ;)

raids are doing good. we have downed all but one boss and he's an ass -.-

during normal weeks we have one 'progression' raid going on and then 1-2 gear-up/training raids for alts and new people (or folks who just want to give raiding a try) ... there's usually a few folks doing pvp while the raids are going on but it all depends on who's online and which day of the week and all that. especially with the end of the school year and an expansion on the way it's all pretty 'floaty' right now. we're all having fun, though, and that's what is most important! :D

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Palindora
Aestel Cooper
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

It was probably towards the end of March that I left I think Explosive Conflict was still a few weeks away and Nwahs had just hit level 50. So there wouldn't have been much of an overlap if any. Wow its been a whole year... well I guess that isn't that suprising. I managed to login eventually and going through the process of renaming my characters , at least I got to keep Aestel.

Great to see you Aestel! It's amazing how much has changed in a year for TOR and Pax but both are still going strong.

For those of you who don't know, Aestel had the first 50 on the republic side of our server and I believe one of the first 50s in the game when it launched.

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Crox Rava

Is this a good place for me to say "hi" as well?

Photobucket
Cmelt

CROX!!!!!!!

DUDE WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!?!

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

CROX! I MISS YOU!

I've been here and there. ;)

I took F2P SWTOR for a spin when it first switched to that model. I didn't stay long because they were holding my action bars for ransom and they were SUPER stingy with the character slots. I guess I felt a sense of entitlement since I had actually purchased the game.

This week I have taken another look at things and I find the situation much more agreeable. So naturally I thought of the old PR gang and thought I would come by to see how things are going lately. I'm not reapplying just yet, but I think I might be about to. I know I said I wouldn't come back until there were playable Nautolans, but it turns out I was bluffing. Badly. :D

Photobucket
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> About Us and Welcome Center All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum