Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AstralProjection

re: Well, well, well...

So, I finally have my laptop somewhat back to normal now. After having to replace more than just the screen and going through hell, it's in good enough shape that I can start working on this project now and try to get it finished.

Here's the problem I have - I'm going to have to majorly overhaul it now. I'm not sure if it's even possible to get it done before Dec. 20th now...I have a business trip coming up in November, and a family vacation December 10th to the 17th...that's going to cut down my time quite a bit. I will give it a go though.

Here's a list of changes I need to make, or possibly need to make. If you identify any more please let me know (or think I don't need to change something)

Character Changes -

Gai - Gai is now a Zabrak. Also changed the spelling of his last name to Baltar?

Cluster - Cluster is, well, gone. Is he still going to Narrate the Jedi Knight piece? Are there any other JK Zabraks or other JK characters I should be replacing him with? Keeping race/gender the same makes it easier, but doesn't have to happen.

Kryad - Kryad PMed me that his character wouldn't have served with the Republic during the sacking, I guess that kind of rules him out for me putting him in Marvel's company.

Friscoo - Friscoo again, is gone. Was a pretty main character in the Consular part of the story - am I chopping him out and replacing? Who to replace him with?

Kbrury - Kbrury was supposed to be replaced by Markis D. Thatch. Thatch's main character is no longer a smuggler. What to do, what to do? Just leave his old RP character in, find a different smuggler, etc?

Aux - Resigned? Is he still a part of the consular story?

Lee - No longer a member - a pretty large part of the Trooper story. Am I replacing him with a different member?

Finx - Just resigned /sadface...Leave him in, replace with a different member?

Finishing this story is still do-able, and probably less work to repair character changes, still, than it is to totally re-write it, but I seriously doubt I can pull it off in < 2 months with work and kids and everything else.

Any suggestions?

No time limit bud. I just wanted the rough copy teaser majigger for the anniversary, so you have until whenever to get it done. Happy Im just grateful you're still working on it period lol.

Anyways let's see..

Character Changes -

Gai - Gai is now a Zabrak. Also changed the spelling of his last name to Baltar?

Correct on both accounts. If you need any character referencing you can view my sig, avatar, or the homepage image. Happy

Cluster - Cluster is, well, gone. Is he still going to Narrate the Jedi Knight piece? Are there any other JK Zabraks or other JK characters I should be replacing him with? Keeping race/gender the same makes it easier, but doesn't have to happen.

Im not sure who we could use to narrate it let me think...I could narrate that part but I am also in the story so that would make it very odd. I would say Jareth Sudeken. Of all the knights not currently in the story, he is the most active and the one I trust the most to not bugger off or get kicked within the next 2 years lol.

Kryad - Kryad PMed me that his character wouldn't have served with the Republic during the sacking, I guess that kind of rules him out for me putting him in Marvel's company.

Guess so; Atka, Blind, Unbarring, Landscaper, Timaselj. Those are the most loyal and likely to stay around troopers that are not included at this time. Your pick lol.

Friscoo - Friscoo again, is gone. Was a pretty main character in the Consular part of the story - am I chopping him out and replacing? Who to replace him with?

Have to chop him out; doesn't deserve a spot in the story lol. Crox or Davi strike me as people who will be trustworthy consulars who will stick around.

Kbrury - Kbrury was supposed to be replaced by Markis D. Thatch. Thatch's main character is no longer a smuggler. What to do, what to do? Just leave his old RP character in, find a different smuggler, etc?

Wolfwood Barbarossa or Bubbles seem like good candidates to replace smugglers. If not, keep his RP character with his permission I suppose.

Aux - Resigned? Is he still a part of the consular story?

Negative, not a member, no plan to reapply, so no story.

Lee - No longer a member - a pretty large part of the Trooper story. Am I replacing him with a different member?

See the above options for Troopers. Atka, Blind, Unbarring, Landscaper, Timaselj.

Finx - Just resigned /sadface...Leave him in, replace with a different member?

Finx was an instrumental help with starting us off and getting great images for our website. He left out of necessity and not out of disdain or resentment. I gladly say we should keep him. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Lord Marvel

I propose to exchange Lee for Unbarring, he is with us from the start almost and does a lot around here Happy

Blind Equilibrium

I would say Unbarring and Landscaper for the Trooper portions of the story with their permissions. As much as i would love for Fee to be part of it, as far as the RP goes, Fiona (Blind) was about 12 years old at the Sacking of Coruscant, and while she could still whoop Marvel's ass... the age bracket just doesn't fit the overall story. Happy
Lord Marvel

Blind Equilibrium wrote:
I would say Unbarring and Landscaper for the Trooper portions of the story with their permissions. As much as i would love for Fee to be part of it, as far as the RP goes, Fiona (Blind) was about 12 years old at the Sacking of Coruscant, and while she could always get her ass whooped by Marvel anyway... the age bracket just doesn't fit the overall story. Happy

Corrected!

Carry on Happy

AstralProjection

Okay, break it up, soldiers! There will be plenty of ponies for both of you to hug/kill later on.

One of the issues I always had with this is that until I gave Cloud/Cyn side parts, we really only had 1 consular, Friscoo. I'd like to fill his and Aux's Roles with other Consulars definitely.

So, let me break down what we currently had:

Jedi Knights

(Narrator) Alkhet Noth - Cluster SUB NEEDED
Nwahs Nirom - Nwahs
Gaiutus Balthar - Gai
Gryffon Etheras - Travis

So we need one sub for Cluster as narrator...Jareth is a good choice but is already in the "consular" story with me. We could potentially move Amorl or Jareth to this group, rather than pulling yet another Knight from the guild pool, and add an extra Consular to the JK story. If we do pick someone from the Jedi Knights, I'd prefer someone whose character isn't going to be a kid. My only problem with moving Jareth and Amorl over is that both of them were young at the time, and the narrator of this piece was supposed to be someone with a bit of experience. Gryffon would be perfect, except I like his place in the story the way it is. Knowing all this, any good ideas?

Jedi "Consulars"

(Narrator) Tarith Astran - AstralProjection
Quan Delru - Friscoo - SUB NEEDED (Davi Jones)
Aux Starseed - Aux - SUB NEEDED (Crox Rava)
Amorl - Amorl
Jareth - Jareth

So as you can see, all three of us left in this group are really Jedi Knights. This will make the other Consulars /sadface if it gets finished like this now that we're rewriting, I'd wager. I liked the suggestions of Crox and Davi. I'll have to figure out whose character will be "Senior" at the time of the sacking and make them leader to take Quan's spot. The other will get Aux's spot. If you choose to pull Jareth or Amorl over to the Knight story I'll need to pick a third Consular from the guild as well.

Trooper

(Narrator) Greeata Jasla - CMDR
Wo Koon - Marvel
Adrastos Lee - HybridLee - SUB NEEDED (UnbarringTomb)
Ardhel - NPC

Smaller Trooper Parts
Seika Lynn Reaven - OmegaReaven
Kryad - KryadExplo - SUB NEEDED (Landscaper)
ADDING TROOPERS to Small Parts-
Atka Talin
Timaselj

So I've always thought the troopers needed more troopers in the mix, and they'll be easier to throw bit parts to than Jedi. I like all of your suggestions - I will try to include them all with at least small mentions. I would've chosen Blind to fill Lee's spot due to rank, but since Blind is opting out, I think it should probably go to Unbarring. I agree with Marvel that Unbarring's been here forever and would be a good fit, if he's willing. Atka, Landscaper, and Tim have all been strong members and I think would appreciate the mention : )

Smugglers

(Narrator) Kurik Gene - Kbrury - SUB NEEDED (Wolfwood)
Dash - Durstalph
Damek Critou - Damek
Joker - Dies/Vanishes, leaving as is
Ral Strayer - NPC
Finx - Keeping, woot! I love Finx and his character, I'm all for this. Someone has to score with Malgus' mom.

Adding Smuggler - Bubbles?

Wolfwood and Bubbles both seem like great choices. I might use them both. I would prefer a male character for Narrator, because I'd like to keep some of that romantic tension with Dash in place, but can probably squeeze Bubbles into the story as well.

Extras (sort of)

Cloud & Tcyiora - I plan on working them into the story more toward the end, which is why I don't consider them true extras. These two put in a lot of hard work around here and I feel deserve a decent mention in the story, but also feel it will be too tough to rip them out of the place I've already written into in the story. They will likely re-appear in our greatest moment of need : )

So, as you can see, I think I'm good with our answers, but I would like some further discussion on what to do with the JK Narrator/Consulars. Part of me likes the idea of shifting a character from my Consular Group to the JK group, simply because it will allow me to select a third consular, and bring the ratio of JK/JC up higher. I also was thinking perhaps Aestel would make a good choice, Aestel has been here a long time.

Otherwise, I'll send out PM's to the other people mentioned and try to get the info I need out of them and coordinate that part of the rewrite.

Thanks for the input, everyone : )

Well, I sent out a round of PM's for Bio info for some of the new folks, and once collected I guess I'll be putting my nose to the grindstone. In the meantime, if anyone comes up with a good idea of what to do with the JK/Consular groups just shout, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

This replacement means also delete them from already done parts? Or just they'll have bad accident? For example Lee gets very bad shot at begins of action... Or during that crash....?

It's sad to me, that Lee isn't member no more, but I put much heart to create Andratos in Trooper parts... And this will be sad if we just delete it, and put other person... Especially, that I don't think any trooper has mentor like Andratos has... But Andratos has been narrator for some time :/ And this forcing us to change... Or maybe narrator will be still someone like Andratos [changing name is smallest problem] and he'll be NPC? Ofc. then he/she should be someone who describe... Not main character, but someone who saw that and want to tell about it.

But ofc, I fully support replacing... But I don't want to change this great begun...
And I support Unbariing in Trooper group

=============
Beware! Crazy user inside!
Other nickname: Finek
AstralProjection

CMDR Blue R wrote:
This replacement means also delete them from already done parts? Or just they'll have bad accident? For example Lee gets very bad shot at begins of action... Or during that crash....?

It's sad to me, that Lee isn't member no more, but I put much heart to create Andratos in Trooper parts... And this will be sad if we just delete it, and put other person... Especially, that I don't think any trooper has mentor like Andratos has... But Andratos has been narrator for some time :/ And this forcing us to change... Or maybe narrator will be still someone like Andratos [changing name is smallest problem] and he'll be NPC? Ofc. then he/she should be someone who describe... Not main character, but someone who saw that and want to tell about it.

But ofc, I fully support replacing... But I don't want to change this great begun...
And I support Unbariing in Trooper group

Yeah, I hear you CMDR, I completely agree. I feel the same way about Kbrury's character. I put in a lot of work to make him and his backstory flow into the story and feel like a real person, and it makes me sad to see it go away. Still, I don't think we really have a choice.

For the Adrastos Lee case, at least, I'm hoping to take Unbarring's character and try to squeeze him into the mold of Adrastos.

I want to try to keep Ardhel and Unbarring's character close in the story, and discuss with Unbarring what I want to do with his backstory and make sure he's okay with it. I'd like to keep Unbarring's character as Ardhel's favorite, and make sure Unbarring's okay with his character being stationed on Coruscant as a trainer at the time of the sacking. As long as that's fine with him, I'm hoping we don't lose too much of the dynamic between the two characters.

As far as moving someone from the Consular group to the Jedi Knight group, I would actually remove them from the Consular piece, and write in a new Consular in their place. Jareth and Amorl's characters aren't too entrenched in the story, so it will be easier to take them out.

Then I would have to add the person I removed in to important descriptions in the Jedi Knight piece, which will be a lot of work, because I'm replacing a Narrator, but once again I don't really have a way around it. That's the harder part - Jareth or Amorl would become the Narrator of the Jedi Knight piece, which is going to be a big point of view change from what we had before with an older, veteran Zabrak Jedi describing everything.

Awarded:

Thank you so much for still making the sacrifice to work on this bud Happy I like the idea of keeping Finx in

Jump to: