Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Oyo
OyoN7
Officer

re: Re: The Story of the Para-Military Organization Pax Republic

Pax Republica wrote:
this project is scrapped until further notice.

It has been 5 years since this project was abandoned. It is obvious that RP in our guild was considered for the guild only while waiting for the game to kick in, and that it died in the very first year since swtor launched. I do not know how much of the in game RP events were held, since what happens in game usually stays in game and ends up forgotten. I joined the guild in 2015 and to my notice no RP event was ever done since. Our guild has no story to tell. The only RP it has is this subforum that nobody uses anymore. I was promoted to RP Captain in 2017, as the only RP Officer now, I will attempt to realize our guild story via project that I has been working on since I joined Pax Republica. In order to do that, I will need Pax Republica swtor members to join me, because you are the ones who make the guild, and without you there is no Guild RP, just like without you there is no guild PvE and no guild PvP.

First what you need to know that Guild Story will not be held in game, it will be held on website designed for RP that I personally created and worked on. It's advantages are that you will not need to be online in a specific date/hour to RP, you will RP in your own free time when you want. Another is that our story is going to be saved, which the in game events are not capable to do. That means that when new players join our guild, they will not bump into abandoned and unfinished projects, they will be able to join and continue what we started, and have the clear image of what we together accomplished so far. And it can also be fun, because it includes character sheets, species, classes, prestige classes, that you cannot play in the game itself. It has forum combat, so what you are and what your partner is matters, not just for RP interactions and morality, but also for co-operative work. Only together you can ensure that group missions do not fail. If we grow enough with this and I get some assistants, there may be work on 8 crew member operations as well. For now to start, we will need only 4 players.

Anyone who wants to help or has questions can contact me via discord Oyo#6081. To join the first official Pax Republica Episode click here.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: The Story of the Para-Military Organization Pax Republica

Major 80 page epic that Tony was writing is more or less scrapped. However, I posted the bare-bones description of our organization in the Original Post.

We should get this booted back up.

"Did I fire six shots or only five? Three? Seven. Whatever."

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

I think it's getting about to be time for us to just completely start over Tony :P

Arkathos wrote:
Tony wrote some of the best stuff I've read in a long time, I was blown away by his work. I would love to read the finished copy when / if you finish it. Some amazing works in there, and I'd love to see how you transgress us from way back then, to the now, and the future. Happy

So would I : P If you have any ideas, I'm all ears! And you will definitely get a copy whenever the muses decide to smile upon me and let me finish the darn thing.

Tony wrote some of the best stuff I've read in a long time, I was blown away by his work. I would love to read the finished copy when / if you finish it. Some amazing works in there, and I'd love to see how you transgress us from way back then, to the now, and the future. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
AstralProjection

Cmelt wrote:
I had the anniversary copy on my laptop but it got erased. It was a really good read!

Thank you : ) If anyone wants a copy of the Anniversary Teaser, or even to read the whole thing (I had a lot more written, though it was unfinished), just PM me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail it to you.

I do someday (this year) want to finish this project but RL is evil and I have so much going on with my job and family I can barely play TOR regularly, let alone get the peace, quiet, and more importantly free time that I need to write, and I don't want to finish sloppily.

I had the anniversary copy on my laptop but it got erased. It was a really good read!

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Satiata
Member - 5 Years

hey. is this still being worked on? I'm shaping the last few bits and pieces of my general character sheets right now (brief history and so on) .. so I'm kinda curious. the link up there is not working anymore :/

Asuka'Raein - Sage
AstralProjection

I have a whole lot more that wasn't part of the teaser, but there's a ton of editing to be done...a lot of the characters might not be recognized by people right now. If you want to PM me your e-mail I can e-mail it to you sometime.

This is awesome. Thank you! I'll read through it closely when I'm away from work and can give it my full attention. And Tarith, I'll be sure to check in with you with my thoughts about how Pemberton got caught up in Pax before I write anything up. =)

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
I think it should be noted that just because some members have left on good terms, they should still be included in the story of our founding (Gaiutus, etc.) since they were here in our founding... RP wise it works out, and now they've left this group of Pax Republica, to fight other battles in another galaxy. Happy There were members we removed from the story because they left on bad terms, but that's different.

Don't worry, I wasn't talking about removing Gai. He and Cyn will keep their place in the story no matter what ; ) They earned that much, at least, and Gai was the "founder" no matter how you slice it, they deserve to be there.

Awarded:

I think it should be noted that just because some members have left on good terms, they should still be included in the story of our founding (Gaiutus, etc.) since they were here in our founding... RP wise it works out, and now they've left this group of Pax Republica, to fight other battles in another galaxy. Happy There were members we removed from the story because they left on bad terms, but that's different.

Pemberton! wrote:
I'd like to write out some character background for Pemberton (and hopefully do more RP in the future since you lovely folks have done a lot already) and I was curious about Pax's backstory. The mediafire link here isn't working, so is there somewhere else I could go for this? Are there any other writeups I could read?

I'll send you what I've got.

This is a project that I *still* plan on finishing.

I put a ridiculous amount of work into it, but as happens with guilds, especially in a pre-launch guild, people come and go.

Right around the time of our Anniversary I hit a proverbial wall. I had about 80% of the story finished, and we lost some MAJOR players in the story. We had already lost one whose "showing of true colors" was accounted for, but around the time of our anniversary we had so many changes being made to characters, or original members leaving that the story would've been about half characters that no longer existed.

In a lot of cases, that's a good thing. For an example, I can think of nobody more deserving than our lovely Bubbles of having a place in the Guild's backstory. Even though some of those folks being removed had a huge place in the guild's development - we're a TOR guild, TOR's here now, and those faces are nowhere to be found, whereas Bubbles has been out there putting a lot of time and energy into this since day one, making us who we are in TOR, when it really counts.

I've been so busy at work I haven't had time to revisit the project and stay active in TOR with you all, but it's still on my list.

In the meantime, try this link out, this includes the first chapter of each story, plus the prologue. The stories come in at different parts chronologically, so they aren't all read immediately in order in the actual novel.

It's basically a story of four very different groups of people coming together to unite during a time of crisis for the good of the innocent, which is what Pax is all about.

Different people, with one common goal, bringing peace and protecting the innocent.

http://www.mediafire.com/?phr15zpf8ndfrn4

I'd like to write out some character background for Pemberton (and hopefully do more RP in the future since you lovely folks have done a lot already) and I was curious about Pax's backstory. The mediafire link here isn't working, so is there somewhere else I could go for this? Are there any other writeups I could read?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: