Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Zoron Ror

re: Finder's Keepers [PBP]

Zoron heard a muffled explosion in the distance, "that had to be Crox's doing, I hope he's alright, if only he had got here sooner." He kept up the appearance that he was unconscious, with these guards around and his hand in manacles he had no choice but to let them take him and Aima aboard the ship. It seemed as though there was no hope for them as he felt the engines power up...

Zoron seemed remarkably lucid as Crox hauled him aboard. His eyes darted from the smouldering wreck of the generator to the guards who had been carrying him, and finally to Crox's own face. Here they lingered, sidelong as the stunned trooper no doubt recognized the Nautolan's silhouetted head tendrils and grasped for hope. Crox dragged his comrade to a seat within the cargo hold and released his manacles. He then made a show of strapping Zoron's wrists to the hull via a durasteel loop at located at the small of his back for that purpose. "I owe you a droid, my friend," he whispered. "You don't mind if I set my rifle down here next to you, do you? Thing's getting a tad heavy." Crox kept an eye on Zoron's face in case he had anything to say and the strength to communicate with some clever blinking.

Photobucket
Atka Talin

Atka heard the banter over the intercome, and swore to himself. He was lagging behind a lot today. He knew something didn't feel right.

Shrugging the thought aside, Atka jerked up his arm to talk into his wrist mounted comm unit,
"Dash, Tim, go on. I'll be right behind you."

Without waiting for a reply, he slammed his helmet down onto his head, locking it in and hearing it pressurize with a hiss. Shouldering his rifle over his shoulder, he ran full sprint through the ship's corridors, down the ramp, and into the world outside.

Every artist was first an amateur.
Riddly Dun

From the kitchen they could hear the boom, Riddly faces towards the window
~Something is going on out there. Hmm maybe this would be the best time to get out there and use the plan~ Sinya looks at Riddly with disdain for his often thoughtful nature. Sinya snaps her fingers at him suddenly

Sorry to break your wonderful memories of skipping hand in hand with your sweetie on Alderaan or whatever but we need to get this body gone and get you changed Riddly shaking off the thought he focuses back on Sin.

SOOooo Sin, when were you gonna tell me you knew how to snap necks. Sin makes a show of sighing heavily to cover up her slight surprise at his forthright question.

You think all slaves are happy to be one? That we just lay back and take it all the time? Sinya hold up her right hand to demonstrate her missing finger,

I've killed my fair share of clients and I got this. She waves the hand slightly, Trying to shoot my master. So mind your own business Pouting Riddly made it obvious he was going to continue to prod until he got something. Sighing, Sin decides to give him something to chew on for a while.

Any slaves you see with particularly tight bindings. They're the ones who are trouble. We'll lay awake at night plotting how best to kill you and we're the ones who will do it. And you know why? We're the ones who came late to the party, all those sycophants you see cozying up to masters they were taken as children, the rest of us were just going about our business and some shutta took notice of us. I had useful skills before I was a slave but nothing hones them like time, especially when you have nothing else to think about. Impressed and somewhat mystified Riddly retorts.

Do you think you could teach me some of that stuff?! Sin was getting frustrated with Riddly. She pulls him by the collar very close to her face and when he was so close he could hear as her breathing, she whispers.

Lets be very clear on this, I could get out of here alone and to ensure my safety to do so I would help you make a quick exit.. like our friend here, Sinya's eyes don't even need to flicker to the body to reinforce her point. Riddly seeing that tone all too often gets the idea to say one more thing.

I understand, but you should know just because you could kill me doesn't mean you will. I think you're a descent person. Otherwise you could have used me getting caught as a distraction and bolted the moment you saw fit. Sinya felt herself flush as she got more than a little angry with Riddly's pigheaded banter. Heaving and flushed with rage, Riddly makes a comment.

Huh, I didn't realize Twi'leks could change colors... Sin pulls the deceased close and twists the head of the poor janitor again as if she is trying to snap his neck again. This time she is able to get more turn out of the head. The janitor is almost looking at Riddly. Aghast he takes a step backwards out of surprise. Picking up the work clothing left on the floor he moves to the bathrooms located in the kitchen themselves.

Um uhh I, I think you can take care of the rest... I.. I'm gonna change now.
Sin was satisfied with her point finally driven home, watched him creep away and had a quiet moment to herself. At this point she would rather deal with a dead body then have to handle Riddly for another minute, he was incredibly infuriating that it must be that quality Pax used.. Just send him to the enemy and watch as he distracted them... or more likely drive them insane. She pulls the twice dead man toward the meat locker and pulls him in just far enough to drop him then she moves back to the kitchen after closing the door behind her. Sinya sets about arming herself with a butcher's knife and a pairing knife from the drawers. She rummages a bit more trying to find a sharpening tool. She also finds wire, spices(common spices but good for blinding), towels, food stuffs and by chance, some bags to carry the things. Sin had to take care to place the items in the bag carefully as they wouldn't make noise sneaking around. She already had some survival skills in her tool set but already knowing some stuff about low tech survival, she knew there was a fair chance she could survive this endeavor if only she could escape. A thought about Riddly and the others flashed before her mind and was quickly dismissed. They had friends out there and for all she knew these friends of theirs might have heard she wasn't on the level. Plus she had a feeling her 'friends' either needed her help or had gotten bored and left her to deal with it alone.. After all... the base would have been dust already if they'd bothered to come find her. Also she could barely handle what passed as Riddly's conversation topics anymore. At this point using him was more of a necessity. As the thought passes though her head. Riddly wanders out of the bathroom.

Oh great you found some food.. and some weapons! Sinya, refreshed and capable of handling him again pushes a can of something that looked somewhat edible into his hands. Riddly unable to overcome his hunger, gulps down the questionable contents of the can. Sin shakes her head at him and faces toward her work table paying no more attention. Riddly satisfied pats his stomach and lets out an “Ahhh” in relief.
So I was wondering while I was in there, why not just choke out the guy? I don't think you needed to kill him. Says Riddly, Sin takes a moment to absorb the question and continues to work with apathy in her answer.

I could have choked him but he was in the middle of pulling out his Com. Sinya sharpens the knives as she talks, What do you think would have happened if I choked him? Anyone on the other line would have heard him struggling and likely sent someone in investigate, and I don't fancy fighting a wookie or a force sensitive Ryn. Snapping his neck was the way She darts a look at Riddly. We didn't have to deal with your mistakes. Riddly gulps out of guilt realizing if only he just knocked the guy unconscious there was a better chance he would still be alive now. Sinya disrupting his thought by continuing to talk, she only now drops the sharpening tool on the table and grips one of the sharpened knifes.

Now if you have any other questions they are going to wait, we have something we need to do. Sin turns around and points a knife toward Riddly, edging closer to him with the deadly weapon. Riddly visibly nervous, backs toward a table. As the Twi'lek moves closer to him, her smile is slightly menacingly. As Riddly runs out of space he's forced to lean back against the table.

The twi'lek's blade is now moving for his face. Sin is careful to not nick him and slowly peals off the eye-patch covering his face, reveling his right eye. Riddly's eyes seemed perfectly normal but upon closer inspection realizes he has a severe amount of scar tissue built up under his covered eye. What made the scar tissue seemed like a cut. The cut itself seemed straight and likely done by a surgical knife... or maybe someone really skilled with a dagger. She pushes the thought into her memory and moves the knife across his face. Scratching his stubble and facial hair making note that he is starting to sweat. Riddly unable to move out of fear of getting cut, he just watches. Then she finally moves her knife to the scar hanging over his face and sees the scar is mostly shaped. As if something really precise hit him. Making a guess she imagined he had a close call with a blaster or a lightsaber. By the looks of the scar itself she could see he was lucky it didn't do more damage. After seeing this was enough, she then pulls the knife back as if she is going to stab him.

Riddly winches and pulls his arms to his face. Then suddenly he feels something solid and shaped. He pulls his hand back and notices it was the hilt of the knife. He grabs hold of the knife and pulls it away from the Twi'lek.. Her smile turned to a genuine grin. Riddlly disturbed finally says something.

What was that for!? I mean seriously?! The yellow twi'lek, now a darker tone due to the shadows, she folds her arms then says.

They know your face very well. They described you down to a t in the comm. Now you're going to have to make a change to make yourself less noticeable and that involves shaving your sorry excuse for a mustache and beard for a start, Sin tilts her head slightly and studies him further, We'll try covering up your scar and losing that eye patch which is a dead giveaway... emphasis on the Dead. Riddly finally understanding the situation sighs out of relief.

Oh good, a bit I thought you were gonna run me through. A sly smile curls on her face and she turns around and starts walking toward her gear and says in a low voice.

I thought about it. A little unsettled Riddly moves back towards the bathroom to do what she recommend.
Feeling unnerved and scared for his own well being he decides not to test the water any further with Sin. Anymore and he will lose more than the mustache and the goatee on his face. As he faces the mirror and starts working on his face while making comments on the situation.

Well, now that I know Sin is liable to kill me at any moment. I need to be more vigilant. There is still a lot to be done. Riddly rubbing the spot where his goatee used to lie he is visibly in thought going through the scenarios that could happen while he is out there in disguise.

Sinya still working and almost ready when she sees Riddly come out once again from the bathroom for the second time. Seeing that he did what he was told, she folds her arms glad he at least he knows how to handle basic commands. She inspects him for a moment and thinks out loud

Those scars are no use, they need to be covered up. She turns around and rummages though the packs and pulls out a hat that was the same color as the jump suits the other workers wore.

I had this thinking you might need it. With out question Riddly places the cap on his head and she nods at the gesture.

You look like everyone else here now. She turns around once more and pulls out a comm link and faces Riddly again. She hands it to Riddly while giving instructions.

Your name is Iger. Riddy pulls a look toward the jumpsuit and sees the name on the tag. If he was telling the truth and no one liked him more then likely you could get away with it if you're questioned by the ryn. Just avoid other workers. Don't act suspicious but do act like an jerk. Then she takes a moment and pictures Riddly hiding and running around like an idiot. She shakes her head at the thought and continues.

The man we killed looked like he had an over inflated ego so at least walk fast and with purpose, if you look confident no one should bother you. Now something's happening in the courtyard and we need to find out what. I might not be here when you get back but I'll be around. Riddly folds his arms and places his hand on his chin, while she continues with her explanation.

We are using each other to get out of here, Ignore your artifact thing, if the opportunity is too good to be true then for everyone's sakes don't bother with it. If we meet again it might not be under the same circumstances. Understand? Riddly still taking in the instructions and seeing she is serious, he nods in agreement.

Good. I took the liberty to make this bag with your personal effects, A knife, some food and wire. Riddly pouting and about to say something to Sin that looked like a thanks she stopped him as he was about to say something.

Don't you dare! If you do I will really run you through. Riddly closes his mouth and lets her continue but in Sin's mind she already formulated a plan on escape, that involved Riddly more than likely escaping as well. In her mind If Vell's goons were to chase two separate parties then likely it would mean they can't focus on both parties well. They would have to work harder to coordinate and capture us both. Seeing as Riddly has trouble handling himself doing simple tasks this would make him bait. Meaning chances are higher of escaping successfully. The bottom line, that's all that meant to her. Riddly was just a tool, no more. She knew she meant it. But looking at Riddly and his scars she wonders for a moment what happened and what he did to deserve those brands. She finishes her explanation with this on her mind.

That's all you need and I'm sure you know what to do now. Riddly nods again seeing Sin is ready and done talking. He takes up his pack and places it in the bathroom. As he is walking back Sin is just staring at him. Feeling like he needs to justify himself he explains

Seeing as I'm going to come back in a moment might as well stash it somewhere I can find it again Sin nods at his response, Riddly walks towards the door leading to the main storage area, anxious and curious at what Sin's next action might be. As he pushes the door open one more time he takes one more look at Sin. Riddly sees her like cold stone but something is still telling she is a descent person even though she will likely try to kill him the next time they meet. Their eyes lock for a single moment then Riddly pushes his whole body past the doorway.

Riddly walks out into the storage with a new face and something of a smile. His eyes struggling to get comfortable with the light. His right eye was giving a considerable amount of issues. Even with these drawbacks he felt confident this will work. He starts walking toward the door leading to the tech office. Seeing other workers along the way, they generally ignore him but one or two turn to face him but shrug. Likely thinking he was unfamiliar but didn't care enough to pay attention to someone who looked new. The canisters provided good cover even while standing up straight. He had trouble seeing past all the things in the way obstructing his view. It especially didn't help that he was using an eye that was borderline useless. He blinks at the idea without his eye patch. Trying to not seem as obvious as possible, his eyes scan the room in front of him looking for the young Ryn that was looking for them only moments ago. As these thoughts rolls past his head something startled him.

As he get close to the door Tessa, the Ryn, herself pops up in front of him. Riddly surprised backs up a bit and greets him a tilted head and questionable looks. Riddly already startled but realized this was the moment he was prepared for he stands up straight and speaks the Ryn in a lower tone then usual and trying to sound much more annoyed, he says.
Hey, watch out! Um, was there something you needed?

"It can't be...Crox?" he thought to himself as he looked up. Hearing his words he looked down at the rifle as hope surged through him, his fingers were itchy and he was eager for action. Zoron thought for a second, there are guards everywhere, they wouldn't be able to take over the ship, they were stuck in the cargo hold. He got an idea and started blinking in morse code to Crox, D-U-M-P-C-A-R-G-O.

Crox nodded and returned to Aima to tighten his restraints. When the time came, he didn't want the Knight Errant to take a tumble out the hatch.

Photobucket
Clusterfact

An explosive of sorts went off in close proximity to Alkhet. The force and heat from the blast was complimented with the stinging of shrapnel as the Jedi was thrown from his feet, landing heavily against one of the now empty weapons containers. He struggled to his feet to see the black smoke enclose the camp, like long fingers attempting to strangle the company.

Alkhet reached for his lightsaber, but found that it was no longer within reach. The explosion must have thrown it further than the Jedi.

"Alkhet Noth reporting! We have contact with the enemy! They just set off an explosion and I have an unknown number of injuries present! If you can read me, Dash, now would be a good time for some backup!" The commlink exploded with a tone of voice that wasn't common for the Jedi -- worry.
Kryad Explo

Kryad had dragged the body into the bushes. He began breaking off some leaves to cover up the body. He began looking around to see if he could see anyone else. Kryad checked his helmet, it had been on silence til now. He turned on half volume and began to move out.

timaselj

"Dash, Tim, go on. I'll be right behind you."

Tim straightened up. "You heard the man Dash." He says, turning around to face her. "I suggest we move, and do so on the double."
He took his rifle into one hand and checked all his equipment that could fall off during running. The trauma probe, grenades, medical supplies, extra power cells. All was fastened onto him.

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
Qukatt

((on bahalf of Syrena))

Earlier...

Syrena cast her keen eyes around her cave, the firelight casting dancing shadows against the walls. Over one side of the cave were some discarded smoke grenades, empty unfortunately, and plenty of disturbed ground, from heavey boots and fingertips of searching gloves. Not so much of the latter. Syrena grinned, they were half assed and she knew the feeling of making a show of following orders just to clock off faster. Laziness, the universe's most valuable commodity.

Syrena studied her Jedi, he had been out for quite a while now and would be about due for another beating soon. She wondered how much he was worth here and if she should maybe take him elsewhere, perhaps she could ransom him back to Pax.

A sound outside the cave makes her look up.. the hairs on the back of her neck telling her that the Mandolorian had finally found her..

"Ad'ika.......Ni nuyi norac "

Syrena grinned, this one was /fun/, she almost felt bad that was going to outsmart his cute ass.. again.. Syrena looks around, her eyes resting on the spent gas grenades, she moves over and quickly picks them up, sticking them in her campfire. She grabs the Jedi and hauls him further into the cave but she was getting tired and he seemed to be getting heavier. With a sigh she dumps him only a few feet further into the cave and legs it down the back into the pitch darkness..
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: