Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Clusterfact

re: Finder's Keepers [PBP]

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

There have been a number of recent disappearances in the Y'Toub system. Republic empathizers and even civilians have been reported as the main targets, but there is no indication as to who is behind the disappearances. Pax Republica, a freedom-fighting force of the Republic has been called upon to investigate the whereabouts of the missing persons and to put a stop to future incidents.

The forces of Pax Repbulica had been searching for hours when one of the groups picks up on an encrypted message. Some decoding reveals part of a message that details an unusual cargo that is being smuggled back to a base of operations. Shortly after receiving the message, the Jedi on board senses a strong pull in the force which begs to be followed. In the hopes of finding the missing individuals, the crew pursues the disturbance.

The group of Republic heroes happens upon an unidentified frigate as the source of the disturbance. Knowing the possibility that captives may be aboard, the Pax crew investigates. With the unique talents of each crew member, a successful raid on the convoy doesn't produce any missing people, but it does introduce the source of the disturbance -- a strange artifact. The captain of the unmarked vessel is immediately alerted and strikes back against the intruders.

The Pax Republica crew is able to make an escape with everyone still in tow, but their getaway is far from clean. While the crew is breaking contact with the frigate, their fuel reserves are sabotaged and begin hemorrhaging fuel. In a desperate act, the crew is forced to make an emergency landing on the surface of the nearby planet, Nal Hutta. In the dank, putrid wilderness, the Pax Republica crew recovers from the accident...

Forum Image

Last edited by Clusterfact on July 19, 2011 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Areku99

Aima swore brutally as he surveyed the site where they'd made the crash landing. They seemed to be alright, but the ship was down. "Great," he muttered. "Just great. Everyone alive?"

"No good piece of crap," he growled, kicking a piece of scrap that had fallen off. "Shoulda taken the Kaminote." He looked to the rest of his team, who looked shaken but otherwise alright. "I need one of you to radio for help. Others, try and keep the interior livable. See how shot the engines are--crash like that, this ship's probably headed for a scrap yard. I'll check the artifact."

With that, he went back into the ship, swearing. They were surrounded by Nal Hutta's wilderness--a prospect that didn't fare well for them.

Last edited by Areku99 on July 19, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Blasterbolts!" Zoron cursed as he looked up seeing his arm laying amongst the debris. Heavily coughing he unstraps himself from his chair and reaches down to retrieve his arm. With a twist and a click he locks his arm into place. "Do you realize how much I had to pay for this cybernetic arm?" he grumbles to no one in particular.

Limping towards the cockpit through smoke and electronics sparking left and right he looks through the cracked cockpit at the dark yellow polluted sky, "Nal Hutta...great..."

Zoron looks back inside the shuttle, hearing Aima he replies "Alive and ready to get even, I don't think that was an accident."

Glancing at the comm panel and the piece of plasteel pipe sticking out of the gaping hole in it Zoron says "I think the comm unit is fried, I might be able to get a signal to my astromech, but we'll probably have to find higher ground."

Hearing a muffled voice Zoron turns to where Riddly's chair was.

As zoron looks toward Riddly's chair he sees a pile of rubble with some smoke and sparks from the console panel from the near by wall. Zoron hear a voice faint in the beginning than the voice starts screaming “I can’t feel my right eye!”

Zoron recognizing Riddly’s voice, he remembers his right eye was already covered in an eye patch. “This isn’t funny, The artifact is missing and either on the ship or in a million pieces. Stop making jokes!“ Riddly understanding the tone of the situation, rises from the rubble he dusts himself off and walks over to Zoron “Fine, you’ve made your point but my hand is cut up good, don’t ya have any medical supplies like band-aides in the shapes of hearts? Maybe ponies?”

Zoron giving him a stern look, Riddly turns around and says “Fine, fine, I’ll just drink some liquor and hope I don’t bleed to death.

Riddly pulls out a bottle than puts it up to his lips but nothing comes out. Riddly takes a look at the bottle and discovers the bottom has a hole through it. “Figures..

Last edited by Riddly Dun on July 19, 2011 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

As Riddly stood lamenting his wasted spirits, he felt a sharp *bump* from beneath the wreckage under his feet. His good eye widened. Another *bump*, and he looked down sharply as he raised his foot to see what he'd stepped on. Then all at once he was knocked flat on his back as a buried durasteel crate burst open from beneath the debris, the hatch launching poor Riddly backward. The booted foot that had cleared the mess retracted, and a moment later Crox Rava pulled himself out of the crate. The steering manifold of the scrapped ship was still clutched in one of his blue hands. He squinted against the hazy sunlight and looked around to see his comrades surveying the damage.

"Well! Any landing you can walk away from is a complete success, they say," he smiled cheerfully as he helped Riddly to his feet. He turned to see Aima glaring at him. "Well... considering we lost all our fuel before we broke atmo..."

Photobucket
Areku99

Aima let the glare stand before letting out a sigh. "Whatever," he growled, rubbing his medallion. "Weren't for the cargo, I'd have rather vaporized...but that's neither here nor there. Hm..."

He checked his headset, but it wasn't working. He sighed again. "Sadow, we're screwed...pirates. Damn pirates...anybody know how we're gonna radio for help? My Huttese is atrocious, and I hate being places that I don't speak the main language."

He sat on a crate and stroked the medallion, taking advantage of the healing effect that the object gave him. He began to enter a blissful state, muttering what sounded like "Ka-ra, ka-ra," and he shut his eyes. It was a meditative sort of thing, and he was, if only for a second, at peace with the world. "Ka-ra, ka-ra," he purred, not caring what the others thought of him for doing so.

Riddly looking at Aima thinking out loud "I don't think this is the best time for a nap." Turning around he gives Crox a look. "Hey you owe me a drink for that stunt you pulled!" Then realizing the scope of the damage he says "Hahahaha, good thing this isn't my ship I would be pissed looking at this mess. Though the gear heads back at base won't be happy to learn what happened to the frigate..."

Riddly walks over to Zoron and prods him on the back, still working on attaching his arm back he looks at Riddly with angry eyes. Riddly taken back only says "Hey, buddy calm it down a bit, I'm not planning on bothering you, it's just that communications are down and I don't know to make a lick of sense how to fix it. Can ya take a look at it?"

Zoron sighs at the reasonable request he leaves his still unattached arm on the floor. While Zoron heads for the panel, Riddly pick it up and looks at it. Riddly gathers a smirk on his face than walks over to Zoron and asks him "Hey, need a hand?! Buhahahaha!" Riddly burst out laughing, as Zoron is at his limit he cocks his hands back, Crox walks over and jumps in front of the two.

"Ooooookay, that's enough fun for now. Work time." Crox took the arm from Riddly and slapped it into Zoron's hand where it was primed to slap the smile (and perhaps a few teeth) out of Riddly's head. "There we go..." he crooned as he spun Zor around by the shoulders and gently nudged him in the direction of the coms array.

Photobucket
Zoron Ror

Looking at Riddly, Zoron felt his eyebrow twitch, he turned to Crox and thanked him. He knew that it was up to him to find high ground to sent out a distress call, the comm was too damaged. Zoron picked up his helmet and rubbed the dust of the visor with his glove, he went over to the locker and opened it, he grabbed his blaster rifle and slung it over his shoulder. Then he picked up the emergency portable communicator, put it in a satchel and put it over his shoulder also.

He headed to the back of the shuttle, and hit the button to the cargo doors. The button flicked red before fading out. "Great..." he looked at the doors and seeing it slightly off its hinges he decided to see if he could force it open. Zoron stepped back and ran forward, his shoulder slammed into the cargo doors and with less effort than he though it would take the doors exploded and fell outward taking Zoron with them. He rolled out of the shuttle and landed in a puddle, shaking himself he looked up at Riddly who was already smirking "You say just one word and I’ll... said Zoron glaring at Riddly.

Zoron got up, brushed himself down and looked around, he saw a hill in the distance and walked towards its. Reaching the top of the hill, he brought out his communicator, laid it upon the ground, unfurled the dish. Using an encrypted channel Zoron sent out a distress call to Pax Republica.

"Funny how the Republic's finest are here in a way to make small children seem mature," Aima remarked, the spectacle having 'woken' him from the meditation. "Please," he said in a frighteningly pleasant tone, his eyes still shut and body in meditative stance, "Tell me somebody's sending off a distress signal or I'm liable to kill somebody right about now." The sarcasm betrayed as to how annoyed he was.

"Ka-ra, ka-ra..." he muttered.

Aima's mood was threatening to overpower Crox's senses more that the pungent swamp gas that gushed from the murky terrain every few steps. Crox needed some air. He returned to his crate and retrieved his rations, water, and a pair of binoculars before heading off to see what luck Zor was having with the transmitter. That, and to see about locating better shelter for the night.

Photobucket
Riddly Dun

Feeling responsible for everyone's foul mood besides the already horrible situation they are in. Riddly, moves to the living quarters and starts packing all essential goods. Knowing they dealt with one band of pirates doesn’t mean there isn’t going to be more. Packing personal goods as well he sees if he has any of his private reserve left. He finds two bottles among the broken glass and the tools on the floor. Riddly opens one of the bottles takes a quick swig and pours some on his wound. A burning sensation rushes through his hand but a calm cool ease follows after. Unknown to most the liquor he produces is actually made with some healing ointments, so they have a anti-bacterial and very light healing properties to them. Though the bottle of ointment warned to not be ingested but Riddly feels it gives it that kick that most other drink lack in this day and age.

As Riddly ponders on this than he quickly realizes everyone is out in the jungle while he and Aima are still in the ship. Knowing this is the first place pirates would look he grabs his stuff and heads over to the crates Aima is sitting on. On the way he sends a transmission to the rest of the group in the wilderness. “This is Riddly, I’ve gathered needed supplies and moving to your position, we need to move away from the ship as soon as we can. At least find a place to bunker down, there could be more pirates coming to see us finished off. Also the smell is driving me crazy, we need to get to higher ground, over.” Finishing the transmission he reaches the chanting Jedi he pokes him saying “Yo, this isn’t the time to be doing this, we need to go. I know we dealt with the pirates before but there could be more coming. If we don’t move it now they could find us before the rest of Pax does.

Last edited by Riddly Dun on July 20, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sin'yavend stretches lazily in her pilot's chair, a 'pop' in her shoulder causing her to wince slightly. Even after all these years she was still in a pretty sorry state. She gives a cursory glance around her diagnostics, frowning at an awaiting communique from the agency..

~What could they possibly want~

She leans forwards to accept the message, the small hologram of a Rattataki pops up.

"Agent Vend, We've contacted you as you are closest to this oppertunity."

Sinya rolls her eyes ~Oh, of course~

"There was a freighter carrying cargoes that we want," the Rattataki continues, "However not long ago it was hit by a group of unknown intent working for the republic. We are sending a recovery and extraction team, your assignment is to help clear the way and cause as much problems for the republic as possible."

Sinya raises a tattooed eyebrow.. It was unusual they would call on her to make a fuss and cause chaos. Perhaps they were trying to kill her off these days.

"The extraction teams should be with you shortly, don't wait for them; they'll find you easily enough" The Hologram ends.

"I'm sure you think so.." Sinya croaks.. she clears her throat surprised at own voice realising she hadn't talked to anyone for weeks now. Just floating around here at her post making boring reports. Come to think of it, the agency must have known what they were looking for a long time ago.

She straightens up with purpose, "send a coded message to any nearby Azalus, 'time for chaos'." With a small twitch of a smile Sinya takes her ship off auto pilot.

~Lets get back in the game~
Areku99

"You're right," Aima said, standing up. "We should regroup with the others and find a way off this hellhole--take point."

During transit...

Alkhet sat, legs crossed, in the cramped dormitory of the cruiser meditating as he often did on long flights. His battle-hardened frame resting peacefully. To a Jedi who reveled in being in complete control of any situation, space travel made him nervous and meditation cooled his nerves.

This time though, something was still not right. In his serene trance, there was the slight essence of stress - a pinprick in the back of his mind. Despite his attempts to focus on the mantra, this persistent nudging of his consciousness proved too distracting. Alkhet turned his focus towards the source of the problem.

Nal Hutta.. Nal Hutta.. Nal Hutta.. The image repeated itself several times, but no matter how much he focused, Alkhet couldn't make out anything other than the yellow skies of the Hutt planet.

The Zabrak woke from this state and stared at the walls for several seconds. . He rose and made his way to the cockpit, passing the engineering and medical bays along the way. He sat down with an audible thump and put one of the headphones of the headset to his ear. A faint sequence of whirring and clicking tickled his ear. As he listened, he looked up and out the cockpit's windows into the emptiness of space. His stomach churned slightly.

Alkhet turned and spoke over his shoulder. Wo, you should take a look at this signal. It's channel resembles our own, but it looks like it's missing several points of data.. I cannot make out the message, either, but I have a feeling it's important." He tossed the headset onto the console and returned to the many screens.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: