Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riddly Dun

re: Riddly: Smuggler

Note: "This is just the start and a work in progress. I'll continuously update my story and add more. I eventually want to involve other characters from others character RP. PM me if interested. Also this is my character sheet that does with the Riddly, here.

This is the story of Riddly Dun. The Grand, Noble, Sly, Cunning, Smuggler! Once defeated twenty men with a single shot! Eluded capture by a bounty hunter hungry for credits and blood! Know more fables, stories and Limrics than any man should! Seduced more women than he can count! Smuggled more than his ship is worth! Don't you hear the clapping and cheering? It's all for RIDDLY!

"And that's how my story would start." says Riddly as he finally takes a seat. Everyone in the cantina looking at him grumpy to hear that introduction for the thirtieth time. As he finally rests and let's his companion absorb the story she then lets a long sigh and says

"That's your beginning? Because I found something wrong with all of those statements." Riddly shocked he slams his glass on the table

"Like what?! I worked really hard on the introduction!" She leans forward and her purple twi'lek head drills sway with the motion

"Do you want me to embarrass you or just make you feel like a fool?" Pride unwilling to let him say otherwise he says

"Do your worst, I don't think there is a single thing wrong with my intro." She smiles to herself and takes a deep breath than speaks.

"First off. You once defeated twenty men? You started that fight in the cantina. All you did was get drunk, fight someone and shoot them. You provoked his merc buddies to try to kill you and all you did was call them, bounty hunters. Good thing they were new to town and everyone there had a bounty on their heads, otherwise the cantina owners and patrons wouldn't have fought them. Not just that but all you did after that is sit in the back and sip on some liquor. How is that defeating twenty men?" Riddly looks around and hopes none of the regulars realize that was him a few weeks ago.

"Hey look, I said single shot and I didn't say I did it single handedly! If I elaborated I would have mentioned those other things! So sit down and shut up before you say something stupid to get us in trouble." Now offended she starts getting loud.

"Fine! How about this! Eluding capture by a hungry bounty hunter? That was a literal statement you said. HE WAS STARVING! Anyone could evade someone starving! Not just that it was all a mistake. You claimed to know Ald Rand! You know him! That's a laugh! He was one of the most respected and feared smugglers in the outer rim and you knew him! That bounty hunter was only after you thinking you would be a good person to rob. He was a petty thief barely even a bounty hunter! As soon as you realized all of this all you did was pass some credits his way and gave him a swig of you liquor! Making friends with the person who is after you isn't eluding!" Riddly getting visibly nervous and worried, his reputation might get stained if other smugglers realize he was acting kind to a Bounty Hunter.

"Look I said evaded capture! I did that! What do you want from me a giant explanation for every exploit I've done?! I've only tried to summarize it to make it easy and simple to digest for the simple listener!" The twi'lek makes a smile then folds her arms and says.

"You didn't deny helping the bounty hunter." This peaked the interest of the other patrons. Some even started to whisper. Riddly seeing all eyes on him pulls the twi'lek close.

"Adindrae, don't you think we could do this in a little more private area?" Riddly stand up and start walking out with Adindrae in hand, she let's go her grip and stops.

"Tell me how many women you have 'seduced'" with a grin she knowing jabs his pride. Riddly swallows hard aware of his horrible memory, realizing he can't count or do math well. Than just as quickly the panic set in, it disappears with a smirk .

"You know I'm horrible with math, You should know I don't know how to count past my hundreds" Visibly proud of his wisecrack, she remarks.

"Only a person like you would be proud for not being able to count past one hundred." Riddly looking frustrated looks toward the bartender and walks to him. He whispers something to him and the bartender looks annoyed and starts to walk away. Then Riddly calls him back only quickly glancing toward Adindrae. The bartender turns around and Riddly edges something to him. His twi'lek companion obvious confused and annoyed she starts walking toward him, when two big brutish looking aliens stop her in her tracks. She tries to walk around them but the only grab her. One of them say.

"You going to have to come with us" Adindrae looks at both of them and before she knows it she is being picked up and carried outside. Yelling and telling them to put her down. The both of them shrug and toss her outside on the sand. Riddly already outside and waiting he picks her up. Visibly angry and with good reason she slaps Riddly than says.

"Why the hell did you get those bouncers to kick me out!" Riddly shakes the hit off and faces her then says.

"Look you were only causing trouble in there. Do you know how quickly information between smugglers is exchanged! You could have killed the way I make money in there. That's why I did that. I need jobs and tearing my reputation in there wasn't going to do it" Realizing he came with logic she only huffed and looked at him then said under her breath.

"They didn't need to be so rough... Anyway those stories are all exaggerated! And you know it!" Visibly annoyed they are still having the conversation he starts walking toward the space port. She only walks upto him keeping pace and says

"Well?" Riddly sighs, giving up and turns his head to her than says

"The reason why the stories are exaggerated is that there are no honest smugglers. Everyone lies and with good reason. To keep up and to cover tracks. We need to be able to sound grand to attract attention but just enough attention to get people to hire us. We need to be subtle enough that we don't attract the wrong kind of attention. If I start screaming that I've killed more sith than people in the Cantina I would get looks and people would start talking. Then I'm more likely to get a bounty on my head or getting my ship stopped to do suspicion. My stories aren't necessarily lies either The things I've said I've done have happened. Or are maybe a... re-imaging of what happened. So really can we drop this now. I'm afraid I've said too much." Adindrae un-willing to let him win yet satisfied with his reasoning decides to give him one more jab and leave him with what pride he has left.

"Does that mean you'll re-make that intro" Riddly stops looking at her, with pouty lips, puppy dog eyes and says

"but I've worked so hard to make that...." Knowing better than to continue arguing he says.

"Fine, fine but you'll have to help me with it when there is a chance... and it has to be good! Anyway... there is something I need to show you. Follow me." Walking toward the space port she smiles, happily content with the out come.

After walking for a few minutes they make it to the Tattooine space port. After navigating some wings and corridors they stop in-front of a door and he stops. He takes a deep breath and opens the door. What sits in-front of them is a almost new X5 Freighter. Adindrae gasps at the sight and says.

"Wow, whose is it?" Riddly looks at the ship with hungry eyes and says.

"Not mine... yet. Look I brought you here to tell you because I've gotten a gig." Adindrae looks at him with happy eyes and excitement.

"Your part of a crew! That's great! Wait, what's wrong, how come you don't look excited?" Riddly looks at her seriously.

"I don't know when... I'll be back." Understanding the situation she shrugs and says

"Good, your logic has always bothered me. I could use some time away from you" In a kidding tone and an obvious one too, he doesn't seem struck by it. Riddly then says.

"Adindrae, I'm leaving right now." The shock only stunned her for a moment but was only momentarily. She then thinks for a moment than says.

"You've been procrastinating telling me haven't you?" Riddly with a smirk on his face, forgetting he can't keep anything secret from her.

"A-yup, it was last minute and the crew was desperate to get someone. So I told em that intro I told you, and they decided to let me join." Puzzled she cocks her head and says.

"That intro was horrible, why would they let you in for that?" Riddly ignoring the comment and says.

"Because I'm awesome! Look, don't worry about it they seem like an OK sort of people. They even decided to give me an advance on the payment and promised more when the job was complete." Adindrae didn't question why he was wearing a new dark red and the yellow tinted goggles wrapped around his neck but it became obvious where the money went. This was a secondary thought to the worry bubbling up in her head. She then decided to dig deeper and asked.

"What's the job?" Riddly giving her a look then turning toward the ship saying.

"I don't know, something, something... darkside?" Adindrae now seriously concerned stops him in his tracks.

"What's. The. JOB?" Riddly realizing he might have said a word too much he pulls away.

"It's all going to be alright, don't worry, look I've got to go! I'm getting the signal they are ready to board! So look I'll contact you when I get the chance, Tell my mum I said bye!" Wide eyed Adindrae says

"What?! You never told her!" while the hatch was closing he says.

"And you think she would have let me go? Hahaha your crazy Adin. Love you buddy, I'll see you again when I come back!" The hatch closes and Riddly's sighs contently.

This is the not the end! Expect more adventures from Riddly!

As usual let me know what you guys think! XD

Last edited by Riddly Dun on August 23, 2011 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

That was a nice introduction. I cannot wait to see Riddly in action (inaction? tongue out) lol.
Riddly Dun

There is more, I want to add. So I'll be writing more as the days go by. ;D

He didn't say goodbye to his mother?? Shame on him...XD
Crox Rava

"Because I'm awesome." That more or less sums up the Riddly we've seen so far. Looking forward to more misadventurous tales!

Photobucket
Riddly Dun

Crox_Rava wrote:
"Because I'm awesome." That more or less sums up the Riddly we've seen so far. Looking forward to more misadventurous tales!

haha I couldn't help but laugh reading that. XD I hope to get another chapter out soon by this week at least. If not I blame procrastination. :P

Jump to: